[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>nocoiners >altbagholders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: laugh.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>nocoiners
>altbagholders
>>
U got a problem with ethereum m8

>Ethereum gainz ytd
2200%
>bitcoin gainz ytd
30%
>>
File: TheKingSpeaks.png (714 KB, 1680x1752) Image search: [Google]
TheKingSpeaks.png
714 KB, 1680x1752
>>1105409
cope
>>
>>1105429
You are the one coping my friend. Bitcoin will never ever get above $450 a big dump off is coming soon as slock.it presale converts $30million worth of alts and BTC into ETH.

Sell BTC for ETH before you end up in the red again.
>>
Retard here.

Can somebody explain to me the difference between Bitcoin and Etherum? I am aware that Etherum is not a currency in and of itself, but what makes it so different from its competitors?
>>
>>1105460
bitcoin is a coin and blockchain and ethereum is a coin, a blockchain and a platform for technical shit

The most important thing about ethereum is decentralized smart contracts

Just look at this memelord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm4Eym4N0_Q
>>
>>1105460
Ether is the currency, Ethereum is the network/platform.

Similarities:
Bitcoin and Ethereum are both byzantine resistant open source blockchains.

Differences:
Ethereums blockchain allows execution of turing complete code allowing the blockchain to be applied to more uses than just +1 -1 transfer of numeric value. This allows the blockchain to act as a very secure "world computer" that is censorship proof and open to all.
>>
File: 1410555105575.gif (171 KB, 354x285) Image search: [Google]
1410555105575.gif
171 KB, 354x285
>>1105463
Oooh, I see. The video made me understand what smart contracts are about now. Thanks.

>>1105468
Will Etherum gain traction, you reckon? As in, it might be used commercially to make our lives simpler and crony-free?
>>
File: quico.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
quico.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>1105473
Just remember to buy some altcoins because everyone eventually runs out of time
>>
>>1105473
Yes. It is already gaining traction. And If you download the mist wallet which runs a full node you are contributing to securing the network. Mine some ether on your gpu. Buy some ether. It all helps.
>>
>>1105429
>sour graping this hard.
>>
>>1105460
Ethereum is like Bitcoin except better in every aspect, faster and has higher intrinsic value, since you can build decentralised apps on it.
>>
>>1105463
>Rajesh curry mudslime faggot in vid
Switched off immediately
>>
>>1105499
Ethereum allows you to transact securely with people you hate without the need to trust a third party
>>
>>1105487
As usual, I am retarded. How does mining work? As in, how does it generate wealth? What is the processing power in the GPU spent on, and how does it help Etherum prosper, as you say?
>>
>>1105508
When you mine you are doing the work of proving that the transactions contained inside your blocks are valid.

Each time you hash a block you are adding a virtual padlock to all the previous transactions. Any attacker who wants to reverse a transaction or change previous transactions would have to break your padlock and all the padlocks that came after it.

So the blockchain is secured by millions and billions of padlocks. Making the whole thing impossible to break into.

Each block is about 16 seconds. Every 16 seconds a reward of 5 ETH is dished out to one of the miners.

The more people hashing the more secure the blockchain becomes. The greater the security the higher the value of eth becomes, the higher the value of eth gets the more people will want to mine etc. And this positive feedback loop makes ethereum more and more secure and more and more valuable.
>>
>>1105514
10/10 post, thanks.

However, I see a bunch of threads like >>1105497

Isn't Bitcoin pretty volatile? More importantly, isn't ether also pretty volatile? Or am I missing something here?
>>
I had 16 BTC at $333 each.

I now have 2736 ETH at $2.34 each.

You tell me which is better.
>>
>>1105547
Saying something is too Volatile is a nocoiners way of sour graping enormous gains.

So far the volatility is generally in a massive upward direction. So it's only a disadvantage to people who don't own any ETH
>>
>>1105552
You doubled your money with ETH. Soon it will be 10X 100X as ethereum progresses and bitcoin continues to stagnate due to being at the mercy of greedy chinese mining farms.
>>
>>1105554
Any tutorial on how to mine ether? I cannot understand a single Google result as they speak in really obtuse lingo I do not understand.
>>
>>1105568
To efficiently mine ETH you need a fast gpu, one with at least 4bg onboard graphics memory.

Cpu mining is very easy but will only obtain you 5 ETH in 5 months of constant mining.

To cpu mine you can download mist wallet which contains "geth" which can do cpu mining.

For gpu mining you need ethminer which does gpu mining. But i don't know about because my gpu isn't good enough (only 1gb graphics ram)
>>
File: image.png (57 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
57 KB, 600x480
>>1105568
Are you on linux, windows or a mac?
>>
>>1105575
> 4 GB VRAM
Oh, really? Well, then. I only got 2 GB, so scratch that I guess.

>>1105580
I'm on Windows.
>>
>>1105582
You should install a dual boot linux partition such as ubuntu.

It's suprisingly easy and you will get a lot further with this blockchain stuff if you're on linux
>>
>>1105580
>that pic
>poor virgin neckbeard coping mechanism
>>
File: 1335863862342.png (4 KB, 302x237) Image search: [Google]
1335863862342.png
4 KB, 302x237
>>1105585
Not that I don't support open source, but I really don't feel like dual booting just to get a few cents in a digital wallet.
>>
>>1105603
Dual booting just makes everything easier. It doesnt affect performance of windows at all. And you get a choice at startup.

My linux is far more stable and useful and i use windows for games and shit. Its the best of both worlds.

And ubuntu os just looks and feels nicer than windows.
>>
>>1105610
I am perfectly familiar with Ubuntu and went even as far as to try Fedora on a crappy computer when I was bored (it went pretty well).

It's just that I am not missing much out of Linux. I would be using Linux if it could play games as well as Windows, like Killing Floor 2, and if Adobe software worked on it as well.
>>
>>1105614
In that case you will have to wait for homestead when an official windows client is released
>>
>>1105405
Haha I love these threads
>Bitcoin is better!
>Ethereum is better!
>Bitcoin is better!
>Ethereum is better!

You guys sound like my little kids when they are fighting over who gets to use the tablet next. Both of them sound retarded as fuck but the conviction with which they argue you would think they are national debate contestants.
>>
>>1105633
haha ecks dee, gramps!
>>
>>1105653
Let's do a gentleman's bet. I will send you $5 over PayPal if you can prove that you are younger than me (I doubt it). Post a blacked out ID with just your age.
>>
>>1105610

> far more stable

I keep hearing this. I don't know what the heck you're doing on a computer, but with the exception of hard drive failures, I've never had a problem with Windows.

I'm currently typing on a 10 year old machine running windows Vista. Still chugging along just find. Still able to play most games (except for some of the newer ones that require windows 7+)

I just can't understand people who crash their windows machines all the time.
>>
>>1105668
My copy of windows is a bootleg cd from a paki computer repair shop. It runs fine but my linux just seems....more settled
>>
>>1105663
>I'm super young and have kids
>I'm superior to you
>>
>buying ETH now

It will crash again. Buy into the dip.
>>
Lisk is the next pump
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.