[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey Biz, I've had an idea for an app for about two years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: imgres.jpg (9 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
9 KB, 265x190
Hey Biz,

I've had an idea for an app for about two years and when i tell people about it they think its awesome.

I'm doing a Diploma of Software Dev and moving onto a bachelor in software engineering afterwards. My app has profiles and is a social media based app. The problem is : I dont know enough yet to create it and to be honest I dont know where to start. I'm told that as soon as users have profiles you need a massive backend and it seems a bit intimidating at this point.

How do I even start?
>>
>>1105299

Think big, start small, scale fast.

Build a prototype. Go from there.
>>
>>1105299
I had an idea once when I was 17. I taught myself programming trying to develop it for 6 years. On the plus side I got a bachelor's in CS, and I'm now a level 2 programmer.

I don't really know what to tell you. Even after graduating college I still had a – ton – of stuff I didn't know about programming. In retrospect, such an ambitious project was impossible for a 17 yr old noob. The only advice I can give you is: read a book about agile. Watch Roy Osherov and uncle Bob's videos on TDD. Read the first 5 chapters of "Clean Code", and follow the Android dev tutorials if you already know the basics of OOP. If you don't have the time to wait, then pay someone else to code it, but make sure they aren't ripping you off.
>>
>>1105299
I always found WinForms and before that VB6 really intuitive and learned a lot in that environment. But I find OSX and Android development really backwards from Visual Studio and struggle.
>>
>>1105573
>>1105646
Thanks, we've been learning a bit about agile and such. I was thinking along the same lines of the build a prototype and scale from there, obviously the agile method would probably be the most relevant to me due to having to make lots of small iterations.

Where's the best place to learn ios programming? I have a udemy course to do but that's about it.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.