[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/16/pf/ college/arrested-student
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: canada_goose_head_detail.jpg (45 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
canada_goose_head_detail.jpg
45 KB, 800x533
http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/16/pf/college/arrested-student-loan-marshals/

Does /biz/ feel people should be arrested for defaulting on student loans?
>>
Absolutely
>>
Anyone know how to get rid of my student loans?
I'm already on an income based repayment plan and not paying much.

What are /biz/ ways of getting rid of student loan debt?

>use credit cards to pay off student loan debt, then don't pay credit cards why? student loan debt is not forgiven but credit card debt is
>>
>>1105068
>Learn marketable skills
>Get a good paying job
>Pay off debt
It's not easy, but it's certainly not hard. You just need to try harder and smarter than 70% of people just like it's always been. How many hours this week did you put into learning new skills or mastering something? How many hours did you put into researching market trends to find the least saturated employment fields? How many hours did you put into applying to better positions? Are you eating properly, exercising, and sleeping right?

The only reason success is "easy" is because most people don't work hard and smart. Plenty will work 60 hour weeks at McDonalds but few will put time into improvement.
>>
>>1105068
>>use credit cards to pay off student loan debt, then don't pay credit cards why? student loan debt is not forgiven but credit card debt is

You can't used credit cards to pay off loans if I have not mistaken. You'd have to do something like this -

>Open a bunch of credit lines.
>Set up dual Paypal accounts
>Send yourself money from the credit cards
>Use money to pay off loans
>File bankruptcy
>>
>>1105081
Thus right here.
You'd be screwed for the next 3 years though, no credit.
>>
>>1105054
They should be declared bankrupt and put through collection like every other type of loan. None of this 'earn over a certain amount' nonsense; you either start paying within 5 years or they take it automatically. Don't pay that? They take assets.

Arts degrees would stop overnight when people have their credit ruined for life and their shit repoed.
>>
>>1105081
>>1105068
you're both retarded. when you file bankruptcy the courts will look at your purchases. you can't circumnavigate non-dischargeable student loan debt by charging it to a credit card or something similar. the courts will find out and you will be fucked hard.
>>
>take out huge loan financed by government
>promise to pay it back
>major in nojobs basket weaving for feminist african therapy
>fail to get employment
>don't want any consequences for their actions

College is just like any other investment. You pick a loser, you get thrown on your ass. Grow up and deal with it. The government should deny them all tax breaks, benefits, and garnish their wages until the sum is paid back. You shouldn't be able to make bad decisions on other people's money and walk away.

I say this while sitting on 50k of loans.
>>
>>1105448
The government and banks do it all the time senpai
>>
>>1105068
Leave the country and never come back. Brazil has no extradition treaty with the US.
>>
>>1105054
Yes, how is it not theft? Taking a loan that you can't pay is theft.
>>
>>1105448
I don't even get this meme, because even if you double major in African American History and Women and Gender Studies, you can always find middle-management office jobs out there that will pay enough to live.

Literally the only people who are screwed over are the people who majored in those AND did so through some for-profit, out-of-state school that cost them 200k,
>>
>>1105453
Yeah but those are called "bonds"
>>
>>1105068
>>1105448
BERNIE
E
R
N
I
E
>>
>>1105081
>what is fraud?
>>
>>1106195

it's not fraud.
>>
>>1106939
Are you sure courts won't think differently?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.