[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
100+ hour work week thread- Daily agendas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 5
File: tulips.gif (4 KB, 255x298) Image search: [Google]
tulips.gif
4 KB, 255x298
Anyone else?

Agenda for tomorrow/now:

Now- 6am- ebay listings. making them. ebay sales are DOWN! (your fault!!!!)

6am- Shower, ebay. eat, clean my bathroom, bedroom (blood stains everywhere! your fault!

7am- drive to *** buy gas, drive to ele****** at 7:45, offload the steel scrap for peanuts just like last time (woo hoo!)

8am- drive to ******** then to ****** and drop off the boxes of laptops I bought at the **** auction. Collect $??? (I paid 7k so it better be 10k+! the same 7k I used to sell for 25k :/. )

10am- pick you and ****** up- we go to ******** with the money

11am- collect the **** and ***** scrap.

12am- 2pm- PROCESS the scrap and drive your friend back to *******.

2pm-3:30pm- drive half processed scrap at 100 MPH to ***** Going to stash the high yield stuff in ********. Don't want to get carjacked with it in the car. ( *********, I already showed you the buy/sell on those) Cross our fingers ***** lets us out before 3:45 so we can get to ***** before 4pm.

4pm- 5pm- *********** pays us for the high yield, we *have* to call the bank before we try to cash a check that big there. REMIND ME! I WILL FORGET!

5pm-6pm- Take the SORTED OUT REMIND ME! ***************, throw them on ebay, dinner first, cash the check.

7pm- ??? - I'm going to fuck you as hard as I can as *MANY* times as I can drop you off at your dad's house so tried you fall asleep and type gibberish and can't walk straight (just like tonight!)
>>
File: 1387802292498.gif (697 KB, 176x119) Image search: [Google]
1387802292498.gif
697 KB, 176x119
>>1105023
>>
>>1105023
How is your family coping with autism?
>>
>>1105023
Why the hell would you need to 100+ hours consistently? I understand doing that in bursts, but never sustained. I draw the line at 60. Hire someone if youre that busy.
>>
>>1105038

Why?

I make a fuckload of money doing it myself.
>>
>>1105038

That said, I employee people, but I don't have partners and what not.

100% equity is very nice to hang onto.
>>
>>1105044
Because most people prefer leisure past 40 hours of work.
>>
>>1105049

Even with employees (which I have) there is always a way to use time efficiently.

I can do all of the jobs of every person I employ and I can do it 10 times better than them.

WIth that said, my time is very valuable so I want to use as much of it as I can for work to cash that in
>>
>>1105050
But you must realize that you're an outlier with a very steep indifferent curve.
>>
>>1105053

Yes.

But there are lots of people on that curve, 70,80,90, 100... 120...

Most insomniacs tend to run at 100+

It's a trade secret
>>
Dude, from the way you type you might wanna try an 80 hour week on for size
>>
I gotta put in a lot of overtime this summer. picked a decent trade but it's pretty seasonal here. did the math and ultimately overtime is gonna make the bank for me.

there will be a lot of takeout food and I'll need some means to stay cool but I think it'll be a good year.
>>
>>1105044
And do what with the money? I'd like for my marriage to thrive and my kids to know I exist. If you don't have that, then have at I guess. I just don't see the point. my free time has value too.
>>
>>1105110

Buy my wife nice shit, buy myself nice shit, CONSUME a fuckload of nice shit, get my kids in the nicest schools...

You get the picture
>>
>>1105023

so nobody, yeah?

back to work for me

just go to show- all the people here claiming they work hard or make money are liars because people that do dont fuck around
>>
>>1105201
"Working hard" doesn't have to mean working more than 100 hours, m8.
>>
>>1105201
I don't believe 100+ hours of the week is actually spent 'working'
>>
>>1105237

Read the agenda? I make one every day.

So does everyone else. We email them to our secretaries.

>>1105216

Sure as hell means working more than 40 m8
>>
I don't understand the point. What the fuck are you gonna do with all that money once you have stress induced anxiety, can't breathe, can't eat because of your stomach anxiety (it relocates), can't fuck because ED . All of that because you treat your body like a machine. If you wanna literally work your whole life then fuck go ahead, but I'd rather put in 8-10 hours of work a day and then do whatever the fuck I wanna do for the rest
>>
File: 9w09wf3.jpg (4 KB, 200x155) Image search: [Google]
9w09wf3.jpg
4 KB, 200x155
>>1105752
>This nigger hasn't learned how to become liberated from the western view of life
I bet you don't even meditate
>>
eBay is a joke. No matter how many listings you post, the search engine hides them a significant portion of the day.
>>
>>1105932

Ebay is good for hard to find shit.

Most of that stuff is expensive.

I sell specific boards from old medical, telecom, stuff, networking equipment, if you need one, I'm the only person that has it

>>1105752

>cant fuck
>cant eat

Not cut out for it.

Sorry buddy.
>>
>>1105752

Also for the record, worrying about how you're going to pay rent causes ED

Cashing 6 and 7 digit checks just gives me a hard on
>>
>>1105023
Damn man you're the real deal.

I might be working a job this Summer that requires 100+ hours per week, but it's not so bad because it's in a remote region of Alaska, o internet or phone service, and we live in the same camp we work.
>>
>>1105618
>the only alternative to 40 hours is literally 2.5x that

Are you insane?

And there are plenty of people who work their asses off for 40 hours a week, for the record.
>>
>>1107303
So the point of this thread is just to jerk yourself off because you believe working that much is somehow a virtue?

You realize there are lots of people who make way more than you working less than half as much, right? In my opinion, those folks are far more virtuous.

If I make $25 bucks an hour and work 40 hours a week, I make the household median in the US. If I work 100 hours, I make 6 figures. Is that really admirable? I'm still making shitty wages.
>>
Everyone here waiting for a reply.... but op is working. Kek.
>>
>>1107400

6 digits is amazing price for working 40 hours at a leisurely pace producing mediocre work like you do.

>>1107398

People that work their asses off work more than 40 hours a week.

Period.

No one works as hard as they can for 8 hours in a day then says 'finished! time to lie on the couch and be a potato! '
>>
>>1107988
So what is your goal here, exactly?

And top kek that you think working at a leisurely pace making a good living wage is a bad thing. Hard work isn't a virtue. If you think it is, you might want to join the Amish. Idle hands and all that.
>>
>>1107993

>So what is your goal here, exactly?

I know everything about scrap. Anyone else working 100 hours knows everything about what they do.

Knowledge is money

Looking to trade my knowledge for other knowledge
>>
>>1107998
Serious question: are you on the spectrum?
>>
>>1108006

Never diagnosed.

But I sleep 3 hours a day and I've never been diagnosed with insomnia so...
>>
>>1108010
>3 hours a day
Not for me. Call me weak, call me lazy, but I would never willingly do that
>>
I salute you, OP.

The world needs more hard-working goyim such as yourself doing their part to support smart people like me.

Keep working hard and paying those taxes! I really appreciate it!
>>
ITT OP has prolonged exposure to mercury, and is going full mad hatter
>>
>>1107395
don't be daft
>>
>>1108085
clarify
>>
>>1105023
I dont understand what you are doing with all your time. All I see is a lot of driving around with people/thing. And whats with all the ****? Are these curse words or just your trade secrets, because you could just put metal stuff, plastic stuff, the parts and it would make more sense to the reader without compromising your business. And how much roughly do you make a year, idk if i missed it in this thread but I'm curious to your productivity levels. A lot of running around so i hope you are making serious money or you are just a busy idiot.
>>
>>1109925
>or a busy idiot
He brags about his hours and his memos, writes in an incoherent manner, and generally comes off as incompetent. I'd say he might be a schizophrenic in his "businessman" mode
>>
>>1105023
This is the most autistic thing I've read in a while. This board sucks.
>>
>>1108010
You are going to die young man. The human body quite literally needs 6 hours minimum of sleep to function properly. Going below that will absolutely destroy it in the long run. Prepare to be hospitalized in your late 40's/50's before you die at 58 because you didn't take care of your body.
>>
i produce about 50 to 60 hours of work a week

im only working 30 / 35 though

incentive based pay and engineered labor standards
>>
Working more than 40 hours a week is for cucks.
>>
How can a man such as OP have this amount of energy? I am near death whenever I work more than 50 hours. Is he superhuman or am I abnormally weak? What is the secret here? Genes? I can't imagine this just being a matter of will.
>>
>>1110536
Genes are a part of it, but moreover OP seems to be severely mentally unstable.

He's not something you should aspire to be.

He may be closer to what the median executive is like, but keep in mind the median executive is also more likely to display antisocial tendencies, so it's not an absolute good.
>>
>>1110545

But isn't this power to be able to work 80 hours and more a prerequisite for success in your later career?
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 187x269) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 187x269
>>1110536
Tis no man, but a remorseless dick sucking machine
>>
>>1110558
No. If anything, you should work your ass off early in your career so you don't have to later in it.

And either way, most people would argue that success in your career isn't worth giving up a personal life and jeopardizing your mental health. Success in business =/= success in life necessarily.
>>
>>1105023
Congrats, you'll be the richest body in the graveyard.
>>
>>1109950
Yeah, if thats his mental thought pattern coming through than hes fucked. Rapid running around, looks inefficient. English is incoherent as if hes on meth constantly. So much effort hence why I was curious of his pay, not worth unless hes over 100k a year at least. Im getting an MS in geology and provided oil goes back up ill be sitting at 100k without the crazy hours, killing your health like that isnt worth it unless sitting over 100k.
>>
>>1108010
Do you have a blog about you sleeping habits?
>>
>>1105023
OP is in the middle of a mental breakdown.

Also, that's only 12 hours, including your house chores. That comment of course relies on the assumption that any of this is real, which it isnt.
>>
>>1111345
You can do other stuff with a geosc/geology degree so if oil doesn't work out you always could do geothermal. It's actually a pretty interesting subject
>>
I work 8 hours a day 7 days a week (1 or 2 weekends off a month) and then run a business I'm starting up after. I'm starting a janitorial company cleaning for businesses. I've finally saved and have all the equipment bought, my business license, liability insurance, etc. Now I just need to make calls and get contracts. I currently only have one cleaning an office building once a week for $300/month, $225/$250 NET after expenses for cleaning liquids and stuff. I'm just buying from the store for now. Hopefully I get enough volume to buy directly from the manufacturers one day or in bulk.
>>
>>1107998
>>1108006
>>1108010

No. He's having a manic episode. Ladies and gentlemen, this is what undiagnosed bipolar disorder looks like. Get yourself checked, OP. Seriously.
>>
>>1105034
>>1105037

lmfao these two nailed it

/thread
>>
>>1113380
lol

What can you gain from this thread, honestly?
>>
>>1105023
C-C-C-C-C-Cocaaaaiiine
>>
>>1113339
But he doesn't seem to think this 100-hr workweek is sporadic, but rather the norm. Even at the height of mania, surely the individual is in touch with reality enough to know that that their current work ethic isn't their own norm, no?
>>
>>1111345
>he actually believes this

Oh man you're in for a rude awakening
>>
>>1113434
There are very, very few jobs other than self-employment that require 2.5x teh standard work week.
>>
Does anyone know how much the big banks make you work nowadays? I know it used to be 70-100h but wondering if it's still that much. London or USA.
>>
>>1110536
Genetics are often involved, scientists recently discovered genes that enables people to be equally productive with less than 8 hours of sleep.
But Ritalin or Adderral also help.
>>
>>1110536

I mean dude,

After 18 hours of work, you hit this 'peak tiredness'

From hours 18-36 it's like torture working, then after 36 hours of no sleep, you STOP BEING TIRED

Promise you.

It's becasuse your brain figures 'if he's up or this long without sleeping he MUST have a good reason for being awake' so your brain stops trying to get you to sleep, and just focuses you.

>>1110584

I like making money holmes.

It's not about the career it's about the cashflow.

>>1113419

70-80 hours is industry standards.

>>1111345

>100k

Is peanuts salary and you should only be proud of it if you get it for working 40 hours a week.

If you're working 70, even if you no degree I expect you to be making 200k+

Fuck, the refineries are paying Mexicans like $100 a day in cash for physical labor, so....
>>
>>1113437

self employment is one of those things where the people doing it usually start doing it 40 hours a week while they work another job 40 hours a week.

So those people have the work ethic to quit and work 80 hours a week on their own.

You tendie kid think you will just start a business and run it without a job to pay the bills and fund orders, and that will work doing it 10 hours a week while you eat pocky and get fat
>>
10/10

enjoy your nervous breakdown
>>
I wonder if OP would kill
himself if he knew that my net worth is higher than his without having worked a single day in my life?
>>
>>1113736

hahaa

I did more in sales today than you will ever see in your life

whats your net worth a couple mil?
>>
>>1110536
OP sounds full of shit. And anyways, half of that shit is just driving around, doing chores and noodling around on ebay, not real work.

At my last job we would do an ACTUAL 70-75 hours of work per week during certain times and it was barely doable. You can not last more than a couple of months of that, just not possible after experiencing what it's like.

Also anyone currently working over 70 hours a week not have time to be on 4chan at all unless they were not eating or sleeping.
>>
>>1113552
What the ever-loving fuck are you talking about?

Are you legitimately insane? Your posts seem even crazier than before.
>>
>>1114110

Everyone's a little crazy

>>1114048

what a moron

I'm offloading thousands of pounds of shit by hand while someone operates a forklift to move the pallets, jump in the car, make ebay listings while I wait to be paid, get paid, speed somewhere else to load the truck up, do it again all day.

You would last 10 minutes.
>>
>>1115214
So you don't even have a marketable skill?
>>
>>1115576

I know more about scrap gold yields on anything, computer, industrial, dental, coin, mixed, drity, per pound, per unit, than anyone else in the world

That's a skill worth a lot of money bucko!
>>
>>1105023
OP, are you the guy who was in an eBay thread a while back constantly buying/selling shit on eBay making pennies for profit trying to undermine his competitors, who has $500k in inventory?
>>
>>1115808

nope.

I might know who he is though if you know where he lives.

I drive to his company, get his phone, go to his warehouse with a box truck, grab all the scrap boards, scrap CPUs, scrap ram, haul it out of there, and then blast the shit with acid and refine it.

Only make like 5% on volume buisness or 100% on you know, few hundred bucks of shit, so I need the guys that have 10s of thousands of chips.
>>
>Claim to be looking for people to share trade tips with each other
>Spends the whole thread bragging about how hard and long he works instead

If your really wanted what you claim you wanted you could have easily made a thread about what you do, not how much you do.
>>
>>1105023
Dude, how many stims are you on? Slow down!
>>
>>1105044
This guy gets it!
>>
>>1110056
No it doesn't I sleep 4 hours a night and I feel great I avoid drugs and coffee as well.
>>
>>1113552
Dude, I get this, but there is no way I could even hope to make it if I quit and spent another 40 hours per week on my business. You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink. My business would be DOA tomorrow if I pulled grocery money out of it.
>>
>>1113469

>From hours 18-36 it's like torture working, then after 36 hours of no sleep, you STOP BEING TIRED

So you just 'push through'? But I can guess that your concentration drops in free fall in such a state. Can you also tell something about nootropics? Useful or not?
>>
>>1105023
>12am-9am - overnight job
>9am-11am - gym, drive home, run
>11am-1:30pm - shower, eat, practice guitar, shitpost, watch TV
>1:30pm-2pm - drive to work
>2pm-10pm - evening shift at 2nd job
>10pm-10:30pm - drive home
>10:30pm-11pm - drive to overnight
>11pm-12am - work overnight

Lather, rinse, repeat. Overnight is 7 days of work and 7 days vacation. It's a comfy life desu
>>
>>1117823

nootrpoics? dont know what it is

booze is terrible. so are benzos.

coke is amazing. so is adderall, legal/poor mans coke

>>1117713

then the buisness is shit and you should find a new one

the buisness should be making you 4 digits a day before you quit your job

if its been a while and it isnt making 4 digits a day, kill the buisness
>>
>>1116549

>tell everyone the business and my MO
>agenda even says what the high and low yield stuff is
>agenda specifies which high yield units are actually low yield units in disguise

You really expect me to just divulge that info for free?

I'm going to b driving to PA soon if anyone wants to get lunch or dinner or something on the way there from MA.

Not posting it online
>>
>>1119141

Yeah nootropics are things such as adderall. Basically drugs that increase your mental focus as they say. But I'll take it as a yes then. I might try it, thanks.
>>
>>1110525
Retiring at 60 is for cucks. With the amount of OT pay I get from ~90 hr weeks I'll be able to retire at 40
>>
>>1119469

Careful! I use legal, prescribed, adderall once a year and I always end up getting pulled over going 110 on some freeway at 4am
>>
>>1119794
40 years old is still 22 years of additional study/work. I'd probably kill myself if I had to work a job to 65-70 to retire.

Currently have ~500K of assets with ~50K debt at 28. Feelsgood.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.