[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help. I've invested in AMD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: amd.png (45 KB, 2000x770) Image search: [Google]
amd.png
45 KB, 2000x770
End of 2015 I had $500 just to throw around so I invested in AMD at $2.87 a share. I have 174 shares.

Should I sell at $333 and find something else, put more money in while its $1.91 to average down, pull out at the highest point I can and re-buy at a better entry and repeat till making profit... or let it be and watch it?
>>
Wouldn't AMD need to stay afloat to prevent anti trust against nvidia akin to how apple almost bit the bullet back in the day.
>>
Let it ride. AMD is a lose it all or a 10 bagger deal.
>>
Why in the world did you invest in AMD? Admittedly you should be buying when a company's stocks are down, but that is only if there is a reasonable chance that they will recover. In the case of AMD, things are only going to keep going down unless they pull a miracle out of their ass. Honestly I'd just let it sit and see what happens, since it is only $500. Not much to really lose.
>>
Leave it. Selling is lemmings behavior when something dips.

Did you study AMD before investing?
>>
>>1104972
Yes. I was banking on Zen and their 14nm architecture. It doesn't release until late 2016-early 2017.

Everyone else on StockTwits are just trading it rather than letting it sit because it's so predictable. It had been on an upward trend from $1.6 to $3 something so I didn't think it would fall this much. QR wasn't too bad I guess.

A few days from now they'll be revealing a few new products. Hopefully they are decently competitive this time around and I can make a few bucks. Damn it all.
>>
>>1104963
I'd assume so, but I figure if AMD does get close to having to shut down someone will buy them out. (Microsoft or Google?)
>>
>>1104966
This is probably true.
>>
>>1105156
This.

AMD is something you buy and just let sit until its inevitable buyout by either Google or Apple.
>>
>>1105235
I'm just letting it sit then. Its almost back to $2 a share.
>>
>>1104972

what

you can sell, then buy back in for more shares at the bottom of the dip
>>
>>1104966

Yep just hold. Dont let your emotion get involved.
>>
>>1105152
sell now, buy back at bottom of dip, sell when this Zen and new architecture launces
>>
>>1107058
I was thinking about just trading it like that, but what if it starts trending and I can't re-enter at a better low?
>>
>>1107062
If you truly believe that you should just sit on it.
>>
>>1104963
Computer Engineer here.
No, antitrust won't keep AMD afloat.

Intel still offers competition for NVIDIAs graphics solutions.

As for desktop processors, they aren't a very big market so I unless Intel would do anything to draw attention, you'd see officials look away.
In the absolute worst scenario there's tons of people set up to design and fabricate silicon chips who would gladly square up with a crippled Intel for new market share.
>>
>>1107083
But Intel would lose the ability to use x64 right? Or x86?
>>
>>1107028
sure
but ask yourself how many pros fail to measure exactly when the dip ends and what happens afterward
>>
how does people see oculus vr as an investment?
actually, would it be facebook then?
>>
>>1107653
I don't know, I'm not messing with VR until those headsets drop in price and use less cords.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.