[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Friday >having lunch in the park while on break >just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: get.jpg (20 KB, 430x286) Image search: [Google]
get.jpg
20 KB, 430x286
>Friday
>having lunch in the park while on break
>just a home-made sandwich and apple because I'm saving
>some ruffled looking guy comes up to me and starts explaining that he's out of town and had his things stolen and needs to get a bus ticket and food and so on
>I think it's probably bullshit but I decide that for once I'm going to take a chance on humanity
>give him the $100 he asks for
>says he'll meet me on Monday
>I have lunch there most days so I'll be there anyway
>he actually turns up
>says he's going down to see his sick mother who he mentioned last time
>amazed
>he needs change for his hundreds that he brought down
>go to ATM to get a few split 20s
>says if I come up to his hotel with money his family will get kicked out because the hotel staff have been suspecting drug dealers
>give him the 100 in 20s so he can get my 200
>wait around for 15 minutes, more than enough time for him to do what he needs
>need to get back to work
>leave

I gave it a chance and now I can never trust another person asking for handouts ever again
>>
>I gave a storytelling tramp $100
>I'm saving money
>I wasted more time with a delusional tramp
>I got involved in his life drama

Jesus Christ what are you doing? Just mumble no like everyone else till they fuck off. God he got lucky with a schmuck like you.
>>
>>1104936
>take one chance to help someone out because they might actually be telling the truth

Or

>forver remain cynical and never venture outside of your comfort zone

What's your issue with saving money anyway?
>>
>>1104915

>eating in the park
Why?

There are restaurants, food courts, and places to dine inside of your work where begging vagabonds get told to fuck off.
>>
>>1104964

>comfort zone

You what cunt? I've bought tramps fast food and drinks, sat with them and listened to their fucking life stories. But they weren't obvious scumbags who approached people, they sat in peace with a little sign.

I don't have an issue with saving money, I have an issue with you throwing $100 at a scumbag tramp WHILE you claim to be saving money.
>>
>>1104915
Man this never happens to me. Worst I had it is this black lady who camps out by the grocery store asking for bus fare.

Can't believe bleeding hearts buy it.
>>
File: 1385251556776.gif (554 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
1385251556776.gif
554 KB, 295x221
>leaving the liquor store
>some native guy asks for some change
>give him a $5 bill
>he starts bitching saying it's not enough
>>
>>1104915
top kek

i'm going to have a double kek if the guy was a nigger. i have the misfortune of taking an inner city train and i've seen nigger beggars saying the same "got out of the hospital and been on the street for 3 days now" bullshit for at least two years. you have to be a special kind of gullible retard to buy into that shit.
>>
>>1104915

Yeah. Duh.

When i lived in Chattanooga there was this bum that just loved to go up to young whites in their teens or twenties.

The story was always, "my wife is in the hospital"

I'd be leaving bars after drinking and see him telling the same ass story to people, again and again.

I told him to fuck off one day. He did.

It's sad because occasionally some people do go through a crisis and going to the streets and asking people for money might be an actual temporary answer to the crisis. But all the drug users and lazy faggots have to ruin human trust.
>>
>>1104976

> give a bum change
> they ask for more

these are easily the very worst of bums. Punching them in the face in this situation would not be amoral.
>>
>take a chance on humanity
You give him $20 at best, bro, then wish him the best. If you see him again you don't give him any more.

Last bum I gave money to acted grateful then he tried to give (sell) me stuff. Also wanted my phone number. Unfortunately most of these people are in full-time survivor/grifter mode.
>>
If you loan somebody money and never see them again it's probably worth it.
>>
>>1105020
Ha
>>
the only guy that almost got me was the old gent who said "spare some coin for whisky?" at least he was sincere and honest. If my family wasn't ruined by alcoholics I probably would have given him some money.
>>
a 70 year old guy on my campus asked me for a dollar so he could ride the bus home because his cell phone died and couldnt get his wife to pick him up. I dont know if he was lying or not but i was not gonna take the chance that i let an old man die of exposure over a dollar.

that was the only time i ever gave a pan handler money besides 2 black guys in a bar alley who i thought might just rob me if i didnt give them a 3 dollar hand out.
>>
>>1104915
>giving a stranger $100 then another $100 later

No one is this stupid
>>
>>1104915

The last guy who I considered giving money to just wanted to know where my wallet was before he attacked.

Now I just donate to organizations that help homeless people who have decided to turn their life around, and never give to any individuals.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.