[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are the negative side effects of the increase in minimum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
hey /biz/! i hope i came to the right place. im writing an essay for my english class and i need some help. what are the negative effects if California decides to raise their minimum wage to 15/hr. any help would be appreciated
>>
>>1104642
15usd will be san fran minimum wage in 2018.
>>
The effect might not be as noticeable in large cities, due to sales volume, but prices will go up in smaller rural areas. California is too large and diverse a state to be pulling that shit. Liberals don't understand that not everyone lives in San Francisco and New York, and what is good for high density population centers is not always what is good for everyone else.
>>
>>1104647
so if for example, like Compton. if the minimum wage was increased, how will the small business owners, the residents or the poor people be affected?
>>
>>1104656
Why Compton?
>>
File: 1454901525977.png (667 KB, 598x565) Image search: [Google]
1454901525977.png
667 KB, 598x565
more people would be able to afford to live without welfare, the disenchanted stagnant non workers would be pushed to look for jobs with an added enthusiasm that will spill over into output, leading to an increase in jobs and profit all around
>>
>Less jobs
>Less aspiration when the difference in wages for menial and skilled jobs is so minimal
>>
>>1105183

I'm in love with the pic.
Any more of her?
>>
>>1104656

You mean like low income areas?

Businesses would close, since they're not making much anyway (if they were there'd be more businesses there, the ones that are there are typically run by Koreans and other minorities). Fewer businesses in the area means fewer jobs, means more unemployment, means more poverty, means more crime, etc etc.

Basically it would have the complete opposite of the intended effect. But if it makes the people pushing for increased wages feel good, then it's successful.
>>
>>1105183
>>1105286

Yes. This.
>>
>>1105183
>>1105286
>>1105336

Yes brother. You understand
>>
>>1104642

The cost of Food, Housing and health insurance will rise accordingly.

Less full time jobs.

The rising tide lifts all prices.
>>
File: -r-request.jpg (127 KB, 901x305) Image search: [Google]
-r-request.jpg
127 KB, 901x305
>>1105183
>>1105286

The best I've got is this possible source??
>>
>>1104642
Anything that relies on minimum wage labor goes up in price a bit

Anyone who already made $15-16 gets cucked because those things are a bit more expensive and they don't get anything nice for it
>>
>>1104656

Small business owners - hire less people and expect them to do more.

Manufacturers - outsource and/or take out leases on machinary to replace any possible jobs with machines.

Already seeing this in the business card printing people in Cali.
>>
Millions of people will lose their jobs and prices will double, treble or even quadruple for consumer goods, as has been the case everywhere else in the world when minimum wages have been increased. Indeed, some economists think that excessive intervention in the free market will lead to the collapse of society and Satan himself raining destruction down upon the earth
>>
>>1107147
Yeah, it's a good thing America doesn't have a minimum wage otherwise we'd be fucked
>>
>>1104642
Jews will complain that it's another shoah on the internet.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.