[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone want my ID before I can buy bitcoins?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: bitcoin-logo-3d.jpg (588 KB, 1232x1232) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin-logo-3d.jpg
588 KB, 1232x1232
Why does everyone want my ID before I can buy bitcoins?
>>
So the government can laugh at you.
>>
You are trading an unsecured asset for a secured asset.
>>
>>1103817
I don't understand?
>>
>>1103813
localbitcoins.com
>>
>>1103838
All the sellers I've found that take bank transfers want photo ID
>>
>>1103841
Bitcoin transactions are non-reversible. All other forms of online payment are. Sellers do this in order to protect themselves from fraud.

Large sellers might also be compelled to comply with AML/KYC but I doubt it.

To avoid fraud use the only other form of non-reversible payment (cash) and meet in person.
>>
>>1103841
Really? Thats not been my experience. Lying fag
>>
File: BitcoinWins.jpg (115 KB, 1173x616) Image search: [Google]
BitcoinWins.jpg
115 KB, 1173x616
They want your ID because once they get rid of cash, they know that they can't do nothing about Bitcoin, so they want to start logging everyone buying Bitcoin know.
Little they know that there is an economy out there already. If you don't want to give your ID you'll need to work for Bitcoin or buy it from someone and not an exchange.
All the Bitcoins all have have never touched an exchange and therefore are safe from cuckerments.

Kiss goodbye to your financial privacy for those of you that still are clueless about how to get and properly store Bitcoin.
>>
>>1104029

>What are coinmixers
>>
>>1104029
Single digit bag hodler detected.
>>
>>1103813

So much newbage in this thread.

ID is required for bank transfers because fraud is a HUGE risk to Bitcoin sellers. Someone sends them money from a hacked or stolen bank account to buy Bitcoin, or they sell Bitcoin to someone who them claims their account was compromised to get their cash back, and there is fuck all the seller can do. He will have lost his coins, and there is no claiming them back as Bitcoin is irreversible. Fraudsters ripping off bitcoin sellers is a big big problem.

This is also why you can't generally buy Bitcoin with Credit Cards or PayPal.

There is nothing wrong with buying BTC and providing ID, you just mix the coins and you are anonymous again. Or just man up, withdraw cash form your bank and go buy Bitcoin face to face.
>>
Buy Ethereum 买以太坊
>>
>>1104860
ダムミームポスター
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.