[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I pay off medical bills with a credit card?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Basically I have some bills from a recent surgery I have. My family, who's helping me with payments, is recommending that I buy a pre-paid credit card to pay them off.

Their logic is that it will pay the bill, and I can send money I would use on payments to the card instead to build credit. How sound of an idea is that? I'm not quite sold on it because I thought cards didn't actually help credit.
>>
>utilizing a form of credit doesn't improve your credit
Retard alert.

On a more serious note, go for it. As long as you can actually pay everything off and not go into collections then things should work out well.
>>
You're talking about a secured card, right, OP? I'm also curious as I have medical bills as well
>>
>>1103542
I remember a story I read here about an anon that used credit cards to easily raise his credit, then everyone told him how retarded he was since he couldn't get a loan, or something along those lines.

And yes the bills will be paid, the cards are being used to keep it from going to collections because the hospital fucked billing up.

>>1103545
Yep
>>
>>1103533
Here's what you should do, this is what my dad did after he got in a car accident and his insurance dropped him.

he had around 190k in bills that he let go to collection and didn't pay at all for long enough that it was considered by the collector to be near valueless, but they don't accept payments less than a certain percentage from creditors because they're dicks. Then he registered an llc that he used to buy the debt from the collections agency for like 6 cents on the dollar or something totaling around 13k for the whole amount and forgave it (obviously). Only really makes sense if you have a lot of debt but still.

Even if that doesn't make sense for you, never pay the whole amount. The reason that the hospital bills are so huge in the US is to scam people without health insurance, you can always negotiate them down especially if you don't have a lot of income.
>>
>>1103533
You're better off talking to the hospital to see how much they can write off the debt or schedule some sort of payment pan overtime/wage garnishment schedule. It's shitty, but it's what happens when you're poor.

Although I was severely poor when I had my major surgery, so I had Medicaid cover it.
>>
>>1103533
If you know, that you will be able to pay them off before your credit card billing hits you, go for it, else, find another solution, many people's life gets fucked up over this.

THINK IT THROUGH OP!
>>
>>1103734
>Then he registered an llc that he used to buy the debt from the collections agency for like 6 cents on the dollar or something totaling around 13k for the whole amount and forgave it (obviously).
kek
Can you just call them and say "I want to buy all mr. Johnssons debt"?
>>
>>1103734
Aren't these fuckers getting tricky now where they go to court and get a judgement against you and then you can end up going to jail if you dont pay or something like that? Anyone know the details about this?
>>
>>1103903
In California they an take your state tax return without going through court now, thanks to Governor Moonbeam
>>
>>1103734
This is truelly awesome I screen shotted this on my cell
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.