[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get into the soda business I have made my own soda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: soda_forpress_060417.jpg (220 KB, 1600x1036) Image search: [Google]
soda_forpress_060417.jpg
220 KB, 1600x1036
I want to get into the soda business
I have made my own soda out of natural and simple ingredients
It has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee
It doesn't fuck you up like energy drinks and isn't bitter like coffee
I need a way of promoting my stuff to my college classmates
I was thinking I could set up a booth and hand out 100 sodas for free during midterms
Build a good first impression and maybe respect
Mr wrigley handed out gum to everyone that was listed in a phone book
as a result people were loyal to him and bought wrigley gum
they even bought his gum during the great depression.

Is this a good promotion tool or is it autism?
should I just try to sell at farmers market and online instead?
>>
>>1103436
It's only autistic if you make it autistic. Could be inspiring great first business story if you don't come off as weird. Just don't be weird op.
>>
>>1103436

Sounds like you got the business spirit.

Yeah. Set up a booth in different popular places and start selling soda.

Step one sounds like a good one to me.
>>
>>1103436
Market it to gamers and teenagers, get a good graphic design and a splashy website, tweet it, send a few free samples to those "pro" youtube gamers, even if they shit talk your product enough nerdlings will check it out.
>>
>>1103436

Are you in the USA? If you answered yes, congratulations because what you're doing is pretty much illegal.

The barrier of entry to the bottling business is pretty fucking ridiculous but here we are... You need to find a food and beverage person who can guide you through the maze to get your product bottled. If you want to maintain most ownership of your product what you need to do is find a bottler of something, doesn't matter if they make beer or soda, they will have the facilities you need find small batch craft type people who are independently owned, they can help you but cover your ass.

Once you can get your stuff manufactured and legal all the way the hard part is distribution, theres a few ways of going about it, you can try to sell it in bulk to distributors and they'll push it out that is the best way to get big quick but it takes time to get your hand to the door before you can even get your foot in it.

The other way is for you to distribute it yourself, you'd start with gas stations, the more the better, watch out for pajeet patel he'll fuck you. After gas stations you talk with corporate grocery stores push it in there, try to sell it to them in bulk.

The hard part is establishing yourself, once your established you're in business, literally, keep QC in check, it may sound simple but its not, to be sure that your product comes out the same today and a month from now and that it stays the same after sitting on a shelf for a month is a hell of a challenge, there's a reason why some chemicals are used in the ingredient list.

However, if you want to keep this a hobby thats great, don't let anyone know you're selling bottled product or you can get in a world of legal shit. It is far simpler for you to open up a store and serve this drink in a glass, virtually no regulations for that, hope this helps.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.