[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you managed to go from lets say 10k - 20k over the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 30 - pOarV3A.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
30 - pOarV3A.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
Have any of you managed to go from lets say 10k - 20k over the course of a year or so? I know there is a fuckton of negativity on this board about actually succeeding in the market but there has to be a successful trader on here. There just has to be one.
>>
>>1102958
dat is a booty
>>
the only way to make those kind of returns is to identify a couple good investments and go all out on them.

the majority of conventional wisdom is to diversify as much as possible, eliminating risk (but also the possible of huge gains) so that you can make a small Steady return and retire in 50 years.

buy ethereum
>>
>>1102958
It certainly can be done over the course of 1 year, but becasue of the risk involved, those returns could never hold over a 10 year period.

In other words, yes, you can get lucky
>>
>>1102970
>retire in 50 years
you can easily retire in less than half that time
>>
>>1103027
not on ~5% returns with inflation eating up half that or more
>>
>>1102958
I haven't but my buddy does and he proves it unlike a lot of people. He quit his job at 24 and went neet to dedicate his life to learning the market. I couldn't tell you what he does that makes him successful because he doesn't give advice but it is possible I guess.

Only person I've personally known who's made huge amounts of money on the markets. I'm entry level as shit so I have no fucking clue how he does it. I can't even day trade.
>>
>>1103038
Historical market returns are around 10% though including dividends. But even with your numbers you'd be a millionaire in <25 years if you manage to save 2K/month.
>>
Well it could be possible if you are lucky as fuck. Buying and selling. Like if a stock goes up and down by 5% everyday up 5% down 5% it would take what... 40 days of pure luck buying and selling at the peak of both ends right?
>>
>>1103052

>But even with your numbers you'd be a millionaire in <25 years if you manage to save 2K/month.

implying a million dollars buys shit anymore
>>
>>1103052
>retiring on a million dollars
What kind of poverty you want, senpai?
>>
>>1102958
I had one stock do 150% last year, but I couldnt sell cause of a dumb technicality with my account. I ended up selling at 90%, but it was only about 40% of the entire portfolio.
>>
Why are people such dumb cunts? If it was easy to go from 10k to 20k in one year than it would be just as easy to go from 10 mill to 20 mill in one year.

Thankfully for the entire world, it isn't that easy to double your investment.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.