[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a medical student who will graduate >400k in debt, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 1424550893178.jpg (241 KB, 2000x1351) Image search: [Google]
1424550893178.jpg
241 KB, 2000x1351
As a medical student who will graduate >400k in debt, what are some things I should start doing now for my future?
>>
>>1102703
Saving money. Wow real hard to answer that op. Same thread every day.
>>
>>1102703

Maybe you should re-consider your career, poorfag
>>
>>1102703
suck dick untill its paid off, then you can continue your career path as a doctor with tons of experience, connections and debt free
>>
>>1102703
Get a job as some celebrity's personal physician/drug dealer.
>>
What are the negatives of declaring bankruptcy?

I mean... Jesus Christ...
>>
>>1102703
You can start by killing yourself so you automatically default on the loan. If your death recieves media attention hopefully this whole student loan bubble Is reported by the mainstream media. Suddenly a shit storm should ensue which causes everyone to realise what they already knew. And this accelerates into a global economic crisis as countries around the world begin to lose faith in the dollar for real this time. Gold goes to the moon. Bitcoin goes to the moon. There would be mass protests and riots. Martial law would be highly likely. Certain rogue nations may take the opportunity to make their move. If we're really lucky we'll get a full blown World War 3.

So your sacrifice will not be in vain anon. You can count on that.
>>
>>1102718
Nobody will trust you to pay them. My sister and her retarded husband filed for bankruptcy and they can't even finance a used car lmao.
>>
File: ay.jpg (34 KB, 599x459) Image search: [Google]
ay.jpg
34 KB, 599x459
>>1102703
>400k

Nope
>>
>>1102718
Cant get out of student loan debt with bankruptcy
>>
>>1102755
Not for long.

#Bernie2016
>>
>>1102703
Exactly what career in medicine are you pursuing? Unless you do end up like something>>1102712 said, you will finish up paying that off just before you die.
>>
>>1102762
>just before you die

holy exaggeration batman
most doctors pay off their debts by the time they're 35
>>
Buy ethereum
>>
Nice bait, I almost fell for it. Too bad all the other retards itt did
>>
what are some things I should start doing now for my future?
>just start lubing up your butthole now I guess
>>
>>1102703
Get a small town in Texas to pay off your debt in return for 7 years of service in that town.

I know an emergency room physician who is doing that now.
>>
It's easy. Live with folks for 4-5 years and pay off debts with annual salary.
>>
>>1102763
>most doctors pay off their debts by the time they're 35
Try 55.
>>
When I read those threats I'm very happy to be a Germany. Master in engineering with 0€ in dept.
>>
You'll be making 175-250k annually after you finish residency. You have two routes:

>1. Pay it all off quickly to avoid getting fucked even worst, starting with the highest level of debt
>2. Get into one of those programs that allow you to pay only a percentage of your income down on your student loan debts and forgive it after a certain number of years if it isn't paid.

Also remember that rare specialties and private practice vastly increase your earnings.
>>
>>1102763
>source: my ass
>>
>>1102703
Now nothing but later make your own "group" and hire a bunch of np's to take on skilled nursing facility patients.

You take a cut of their earnings and show up on fridays to keep things on the level. Boom
>>
>>1102703
Maybe you should reconsider your life choices that led you to being almost half a million in debt

>americucks
>>
>people will STILL respond to such blatant bait
>>
>>1102703
see
>>1102705
THIS.

And definitely pay more than the minimum on your loans. Don't be like pic
>>
You know how I know you're full of shit op? Because no one whose been through medical school would ask such a retarded fucking question
>>
>>1102763
>35

A doctor spends ages 18-22 in undergrad, 22-26 in med school, and 26-30 in a shitty, underpaid residency (we're talking like 50k for 80hr work weeks). How exactly does he pay off two to four hundred thousand dollars in debt in the next five years? Keeping in mind that even once he attains his six figure salary he has $100,000 annual malpractice insurance.

Unless he's a world-class surgeon with a student loan forgiveness offer from the Mayo Clinic he's going to be saddled with debt for at least 20 more years.
>>
Have wealthy parents who would happily pay for your undergrad and grad school.

There are very few better legs up on life than that.
>>
>>1103503
What? Undergrad Is 1 year in new Zealand, it takes 6 years in total to get a medical degree
>>
>>1103518
Just get a loan you fucking pleb, over here in nz we have interest free uni loans plus student allowance
>>
>>1103416
How is this real
>>
>>1102703

Buy a gun.
>>
>>1103531
>pay the bare minimum or less than the minimum payment every month
>ignore the compound interest
>be late or flat out miss payments
>>
>>1103529
Yes, and that's why American doctors are world-renowned, and Kiwi doctors are substandard at best.
>>
>>1103592
>repugnant merilard doctors
>world renowned

Pick one scum, also the curriculum is identical you twat
>>
>>1103603
>2-3 years shorter
>the curriculum is identical

You're an idiot. There's a reason why everyone wants to come to America for Med School. We have the best education, technology and innovation.
>>
>>1103605
OK but do you get interest free loans and student allowances? Also I've never heard or met anyone from uoa who wants to go to med school in burgerland
>>
>>1102703
400k invested at 4% c.i. return (DJIA yearly growth approx.)

by the time you're 50, you'd have 1.4 million if you invested at age of 18.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.