[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anybody point me in the direction of the best automated brokerage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Can anybody point me in the direction of the best automated brokerage service out there??

Is this just a meme? I'm NOT the most stock market savvy person even though I've been educating myself for the past few months. I've seen gains of a few hundred bucks, but the main gain I've made is that now I am enthusiastic about setting aside large chunks of my money to invest.

I'm young and I can afford to take risks right now. Are there actually any GOOD automated brokerage services where stocks are purchased for you based on a risk factor you set??
>>
Buy Ethereum
>>
>>1102590

What you want is an ETF.

There are one or two "automated investment services" but they're mostly bullshit. ETFs do the same thing, with less woowoo and more regulation.
>>
>>1102628
I thought ETF's are just sort of like a fake stock that follows the trend of something? Like a commodity or something.

Can you explain what you mean please?
>>
>>1102829

From wikipedia
> An exchange-traded fund (ETF) is an investment fund traded on stock exchanges, much like stocks. An ETF holds assets such as stocks, commodities, or bonds, and trades close to its net asset value over the course of the trading day. Most ETFs track an index, such as a stock index or bond index.

Yes, there is a major problem right now with illiquid ETFs, you'll need to do a bit of research before buying.
>>
https://investor.vanguard.com/etf/list#/etf/asset-class/month-end-returns

Buy the stock EFTs. Go with large cap.
>>
>>1102861
Okay so that's pretty close to the definition i saw in the video about ETF's on Investopedia.

So an ETF is actually a diverse bundle of stocks, bonds, etc...?

>>1102882
I have a vanguard account but all my money is in my robinhood account right now.

So buying vanguards ETF's basically lets you get your feet wet in a big bundle of stocks and shit that's already been vetted by professionals?? This is mainly what I'm looking for. I'm going to be making significantly more money over the next 6 months and I want to be smart about what I do with it. I'm willing to be SUPER risky right now. Like balls to the walls, whatever the riskiest shit is I'll do that. Basically barring going to vegas and putting 30 g's on black I'm up for anything.
>>
>>1102893
>So buying vanguards ETF's basically lets you get your feet wet in a big bundle of stocks and shit that's already been vetted by professionals??

Yes, large cap are bundles of big companies with large market cap. Small is bundles of companies with small market cap. You buy these like shares of stock like any other stock from a brokerage. You might even be able to buy them on robinhood. You do not need a vangaurd account to buy EFTs.

Buy and let sit for 30 years.
>>
>>1102913
Thank you for the information, ETF's make way more sense to me now... When I read about them the first time it seemed like all they did was track things like a commodity. Like betting on whether or not the price of oil would go up or down basically...

I guess in a sense ETF's let you have more diversity in your portfolio than a normal person like you or I could afford because we don't have to go out and buy all the stocks/bonds/whatever that make up one share of that ETF???

I understand these grow really well over time. However I'm trying to maximize my returns in the short term. Are there more aggressive ETF's out there you know of?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.