[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think this is fairly close to a business question and I respect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 1024x768
I think this is fairly close to a business question and I respect biz/ more than any other board for honest smart advice.

Writing my letter of intent for grad school. Should it be concise and straightforward to the point almost like a resume or should I inject a bunch of personality in there to make the reader identify, sympathies and like me? If it's both, what should the ratio be...80/20?
I want it interesting but I don't want to cheese it up or go of on irrelevant autobiograpical tangent either. What should the tone be?
>>
What kind of grad school? In any case it's best to be honest and straightforward, and not too cute.
>>
>>1102018
Depends entirely on the person reading it. What's to the point and direct to one person is cold and angry to another. Figure out who is going to be reading it and doxx the fuck out of them then adjust your style accordingly.
>>
>>1102143
It's for a masters in health administration. It will be read by a group of people.
>>
Any more thoughts?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.