[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/ sorry I dont visit more often so maybe this is a noobish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (11 KB, 249x203) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11 KB, 249x203
Hey /biz/ sorry I dont visit more often so maybe this is a noobish question.

Until the last 6 months Kroger (kr) had been making steady gains. In the last 6 months or so its stock has been up and down, maybe just fairly valued?

Now it seems quite a few long time VP's and district managers are retiring. Is this because of changes to the company? just getting old and its time to retire? The stock/company not really performing lately and being forced out? or something else?

What does the long term look like?
>>
Looks to me like business cycle.
The stock had been relatively stable for years, then in 2012 started fucking bitches for about 2 and a half years, then has leveled off.
Expansion and plateau? I don't know a ton about Kroger but I know they built a bunch of new stores around 2012.

Over the last year KR has mostly taken its cues from the from the broader market, though faired a little better, with a few occasion where it's popped off . Even in a shitty market people need groceries.
>>
ok, yeah maybe. I m trying to learn this stuff but dont have a ton of experience looking at stocks yet.
>>
To add, on the point of retirees and management flight.

Grocery is a SUPER competitive business, and a few national names have been expanding ( to day nothing of the dominate regional firms).

I had the distinct displeasure to be involved with the retirement plans for a regional grocer thst shit the bed.
>First wave
Big money upper management types pissing off
>second wave
Middle management, almost as a fucking whole, jumped ship to their main competitor
>3rd wave
After they started closing stores their stock collapsed and every poor schmuck still their got boned
>>
>>1101988
I realize that was lousy with typos. I am 10.5 hours deep in an 11 hour work day but me some slack.
>>
>>1101988
That could be interesting to watch.

>>1101996
I dont care about typos until I cant understand what is actually being said.. I am 5 beers deep right now.
>>
>>1102000
>intresting to watch

Yeah. It makes you acutely aware of the human cost of business decesions and mismanagement.

Lots of long long term employees, simple people mind you, ended up losing their already fragile nest egg due to the stock becoming worthless.

Management came out fine though...
>>
>>1102000
your mom doesn't care about your dad. im 6 inches deep right now.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.