[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw 190,000 in student debt pls save me bernie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: 1445819704997.gif (1 MB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1445819704997.gif
1 MB, 680x680
>tfw 190,000 in student debt

pls save me bernie
>>
>i made retarded financial decisions, please take away my personal responsibility
>>
>>1101521
Yo yo yo I got an idea bro check it out.

What if we just made the rich people pay for it. Tax the 1% richest people that way everyone can keep making these terrible decisions without repercussion.

Like dude, why hasn't anyone ever thought of this? Fuck politicians are dumb man.
>>
>>1101521
yes
>>
WHEN IS BERNIE GNNA BE PRESIDENT SO I CAN FKN MOVE TO USA AND STUDY GENUS. JESUS CHRIST, LIKE, LITERALLY, WHO ELSE IS GONNA BE THE PRESIDENT OTHER THAN BERNIE? LETS BE REAL.
>>
GIBS ME DAT

I hope the Don wins and treats you like the dumb cuck you are
>>
The short lifespan of the Communist system:

1. Tax rich
2. Give money to poor
3. Rich start to leave country
4. Halt all flights. Put military on border to stop rich from leaving.
5. People start to revolt
6. Silence dissent through force
7. Worker morale is gone. Human rights abuses cause foreign nations to cut off trade.
8. Economy shrivels, nation dies.
>>
>>
Jesus it must be really fucking bad in burger land, over here in new Zealand a university degree costs as little as 25k
>>
>>1101502

>$190,000
H-how?
>>
>>1101502
Have you tried making money? That would solve your problem.
>>
>>1102068

You can pay even less than $25K in America while living on campus for a four year. That guy got clucked by Ivy League or some stupid shit.
>>
>tfw live in Canada, finance degree for 16k and that's not even including bursaries and grants that probably bring it down to 10k

Literally just need to work for a summer at a coop and I can pay my school fees for the year
>>
>>1102082
This is false tho.

1 year of University in Ontario is ~$7500 and that's not including living expenses
>>
>>1102085
I'm in BC

My tuition was literally 2.3k this semester. 4.6k for the year. Got a grant that was worth 1k for both semesters so it came to only 2.6k for me.
>>
>>1102080
Or he's just lying.

If he's capable of getting into an ivy league he not only would be pretty much set financially(parents/scholarships in 90% of cases) he would also be smart to plan ahead and NOT post screaming frogs on a Korean forum.
>>
>>1102086
Oh well your province is irrelevant

Are you at least going to UBC?
>>
>>1102089
Nah, UBC is full of shit tier asians

I go to UBCO which is also full of asians
>>
>>1102094
Asians girls are cute tho and the males are too beta to cause any problems
>>
>>1102102
The asian males are also fucking loaded and literally drive lambos everywhere. You also got like 5-6 token saudis in every class that all drive supped up Escalades and bring over priced imported middle eastern food to every class. The asian girls are pretty qt though and easy fucks.
>>
ITT: OP makes some shit up, and everyone else burns down the straw man he set up, while feeling good about their wit and logic.
>>
>>1102109
Thanks, I almost read this shit.
>>
>>1101592
Someone's been reading Ayn Rand too much.

>muh job creators
>>
>>1101502
>and trump will whisper
>"no"
>>
>>1101502
>>1101700
>>1101761
>>
>>1101592
Gotta love the UN.
>>
im gonna go $25000 in debt for a kia

can i get dat paid for too
>>
>>1102107
virgin bernie supporter detected.
>>
File: Untitled.png (23 KB, 1014x535) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23 KB, 1014x535
>>1101502
Prove it!

Post student loan balance, like this!
>>
>>1102279
Is the 39,000 the money you owe?
>>
>>1101521
>sub prime crisis.jpg
>>
>>1102282
Yes, started with 2yrs of community college, then my bachelors at a university. Lived at home.
>>
>>1101521
While I understand your point, I feel like the issue lies in a system that encourages that sort of thing. High school makes zero attempt at encouraging students to go to an affordable college. it's 100% encouraging teenagers to get higher education regardless of the cost. Does OP have personal responsibility? Of course. But at the end of the day, we need to stop encouraging such stupidity to take place.
>>
>>1101592
>>1102176
Literally what happened to Russia
>>
>>1101502
>>1101521
Assuming OP comes from a poor family, it was either debt or having a career at McDonalds
>>
>>1102353
Shut the fuck up. Nobody needs to be 190k in the hole in student loans. It's called working your way through college. Also, I'm gessing 35k of that was a brand new car
>>
>>1102352
I didn't know an oligarchy was rich flight
>>
>>1102659
>"Just work yer way thru college!"
Not the 70s anymore m8
>>
File: bigshort-nowfuckoff.gif (2 MB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
bigshort-nowfuckoff.gif
2 MB, 500x220
>>1101502

1) Get on some form of Welfare.
2) Apply for Student Loan forgiveness.

Glad I could help.
>>
File: bateman.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
bateman.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>1101545
But I WANT to be the top 1% of rich people. Why would I condemn future me?
>>
>>1102687
You're suffering from a common delusion known as "the temporarily embarrassed millionaire." I hate to break it to you, but you're not going to become a billionaire in your lifetime. Unless you're already born into circumstances that are conducive to obtaining a billion dollars later on (e.g. upper class, ivy league education, jewish relatives w/ business connections) it's a statistical impossibility. Of course your first reaction will be to claim that you really can be a billionaire if you want to, but a delusion is a delusion.
>>
>>1102696
Oh I know, I'm just being an edgy meme teen. I'm probably reaching for the top 10% for now and once I get there I will aim higher. gotta have goals that are reachable.
>>
>>1102681
I know many people working their way through college who have minimal student debt. My nephew graduated in 4 years with 0 dollars student debt by working all summer, budgeting, and financial aid. You are literally just a lazy piece of shit
>>
File: 1431982990656.jpg (113 KB, 854x974) Image search: [Google]
1431982990656.jpg
113 KB, 854x974
OP here, it was law school debt. but itll be forgiven tax free under PSLF after only paying about $50,000 over 10 years

:^)
>>
>>1101545
Holy shit this is genius man!

Now I don't have to pay for college
>>
>>1102080
>That guy got clucked by Ivy League or some stupid shit.

Top tier private schools in the states have such massive endowments that they can afford to meet all financial need of their students. Quite often they end up costing less than a state university would.
>>
>>1102074
This
>>
>>1101502
Just buy what you can't so you can't get around and file for bankruptancy. You'll earn 190k in no time.
>>
File: 1455401790885.jpg (13 KB, 245x255) Image search: [Google]
1455401790885.jpg
13 KB, 245x255
>>1103917
>it's ok to change majors anon, everyone does it!
>what do you mean live off campus, how are you gonna meet anyone!
>you absolutely must study abroad and extend your education even longer!
>STUDY WHAT YOU LOVE
>TAKE A GRADUATE COURSE ON THAT RIGHT OUT OF UNDERGRAD
>>
>>1101502
>be me
>super rad feminist xdd
>genderstudies is the best
>have found a lot of like-minded friends
>they embraze feminism
>they love feminism
>we wanna study feminism forever
>get great idea
>make America pay us for studying feminism

>omg, u fucking shitlord. u dont think that education is a right? holy boly moly catastroly, go bakk to 1500s xd fkn shitlord
>>
>>1101592
>Human rights abuses cause foreign nations to cut off trade.
Yeah because that's how politics are made...

The US sure cut all their ties with those third world dictators, right? They sure showed them!
>>
>>1102094

yo fellow ubco student here

what year you in

#tyga4recess
>>
simplisticsuccess.com
>>
How did you get ~$200,000 in student debt? Even at $40,000 a year, that's only ~$160k at the end of 4 years, and that's with zero scholarships or fed aid.
>>
>>1104834
6 years?
>>
I have 10k thinking of going back when i turn 25 tho
>>
>>1102176
It's either prop up the rich or pillage the rich. There's never a middle ground with you people.
>>
>>1104854
there's no middle ground with sanders supporters

that's why im caucusing hillary
>>
>>1104870
What are you going to do when she gets indicted?
>>
File: 0345672436083.gif (11 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
0345672436083.gif
11 KB, 501x585
>>1104876
nothing
just like what I hope the government will do for the next two presidential terms
>>
>>1104208
>Student debt still isn't forgivable through bankruptcy.
>After the proliferation of gender studies rendering colleges as a joke.
I'm still waiting for this.
Would strike a key blow to this rampant Soc-Jus nonsense.
>>
>>1104899

Would strike a grand blow against Universities being able to ramp up tuition if anyone could just tap out on most of their student loan debt.
>>
>>1102339
>projection: the post
>>
>>1104870
She'll lose against Trump. Also Clinton is performing poorly and this is how she lost the last time with Obama. Clinton had the superdelgates but they changed side with Obama because he was taking primary after primary.Clinton is the Ted Cruz of the Democratic party. She's not well liked among Washington elites and most of New England. Trump will use Bill Clinton past against her and their dark history. He already began by paying off that one girl who wrote a book about her time with the Clinton. People are voting for Bernie because he's idealistic, while Clinton is being voted because she has a vagina. In reality both of these idiots need each other. Trump is making a mockery of the GOP and most likely will fracture the party into multiple smaller parties. Most of Clinton voters are over 55, while Bernie is under 45.
>>
>>1104901
The university is already paid; the debt is owed to the fed.
Or do you mean in the long term?
>>
>>1104907
karl rove pls go
gop is never winning another election again
>>
>>1101502

> 50k here

I make about $30k a year right now.

Save me Bernie.
>>
>>1104920
>GOP is never going to win an election again
That's true. Its a dead party, and the donkeys have revealed themselves to be a dead party as well. They're banking on an old socalist or the wife of a former president. The O'Malley was the better candidate. His entire platform was logical. Clinton is just a disaster waiting to happen. Sanders will literally be Obama 2.0 with even more gridlock in Congress because of Paul "the neo-nazi" Ryan. Trump is going to be Congress worse nightmare because the tea-party hates him and the donkeys will just vote no on anything he'll propose. He's already hated by the other billionaire elites, especially the Kock brothers.
>>
>>1101592

> Rich leave

yeah right. And go where?

Any other first world nation and they will be taxed just how they are here and have even less freedoms in conducting their business enterprise.
>>
>>1104854
>wahhhhh wahhhhhh he doesn't like what I read wahhhh
I called you wambulance.
>>
>>1104934
>They'll go to China because because
He'll say something stupid. Rich Americans can't offshore their moeny these days. A lot of offshore havens are being assraped by the US DOJ and the White House. The Swiss stopped taking new American clients around 2011, Luxumberg has been in a money laundering scandal that attracted multiple federal police investigations from over a dozen developed countries. The Caribbean only does business with legacy clients. The only good haven I know is the cook islands. But that's not going to last very long. The wealthy in the US know they're about to pay up either by Sanders or Trump. The tanned monster want to fuck over wall street because of 2008 nearly killed his empire. But he's going to give tax breaks to his billionaire buddies.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.