[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you guys buy gold for investment purposes? I have found
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: NK0590PAMP1OunceGoldOBV.jpg (113 KB, 800x1190) Image search: [Google]
NK0590PAMP1OunceGoldOBV.jpg
113 KB, 800x1190
Where do you guys buy gold for investment purposes? I have found a few places selling it for only around 5% over spot but nothing cheaper.
>>
>>1101434
I've very rarely seen gold at less than 5% above spot price. So don't count on finding a lot of it.
>>
>>1101434
if youre in the UK just buy either sovereigns or Britannia coins because they are VAT and CGT free.

fuck premiums, you should have bought at the right time like i did. the best time to buy is ALWAYS when /biz/ is talking about bitcoin and when bloomberg is telling you to sell it

well. other than when gordon brown's selling it. that really is the best time to buy it
>>
>>1101434
.just buy IAU or GLD
>>
File: imagesFE2RHRYN.jpg (9 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
imagesFE2RHRYN.jpg
9 KB, 238x212
>>1101434
>gold
>an investment
>>
>>1101434
you buy gold for hoarding, not investing.
>>
>>1101692
Either way you dont fucking buy it when its high and horde it until its low
>>
>>1101434
Providentmetals.com
Jmbullion.com
>>
>>1101690
>>1101692
>Being this retarded.

Gold and silver are solid investments. The price is on the rise after a short depreciation, which have made a solid profit in the last couple months.
>>
How is buying gold a bad idea? If you just stash away some extra cash every so often and dump it in gold how is it a bad idea? Of course you cant do that if its money you need.
>>
>>1102524
Because 4chan loves to be a contrarian for the sake of it, and couldn't see past memes. At this point, hating on gold and silver is a /biz/ meme.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>not buying gold

Top kek
>>
>>1101895
This is what you do as a gold hoarder.
>when gold price drops
Buy more gold
>when price rises
No, i'm not selling my goddamn gold.
>>
>>1102614
Where do you buy scrap jewelry?
>>
Gainesvillecoins.com
>>
>>1101434
APMEX
reliable and consistent, but probably not the cheapest option
>>
>>1101434
Local pawn shops, flea markets, etc.

>>1102524
Because it's not a great investment. While it's more liquid than bonds (just for example,) it's not as liquid as cash, and to sell it at a point where it is as liquid as cash, you'll take a beating. It can lose value (ask any of the knuckledraggers who jumped on the GOLD FOR HYPERINFLATION BECAUSE KING NIGGER OBUMMBER BOOOGABOOGA! bandwagon at the peak in 2010.)

That being said, about 10% of my portfolio is in metals (6% silver, 4% gold, thereabouts) as a diversification option. Nothing wrong with it, but if you're looking for a return on investment instead of a store on wealth (that you might lose,) you'd be better off socking it into an index fund.

>>1102836
Christ, APMEX? Not consistent and certainly not cheap. JM Bullion, Monarch Precious Metals, or direct buying from a COMEX supplier like Kitco is better.
>>
>>1102786
people bring it to me
>>
>>1101434
Here you go OP. Under spot for this stuff.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121841185635
>>
>>1104428
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/121841185635
Current spot (as of Friday, 2/19,) $1226. BIN price, $1264. It's not terribly high, but it's not under spot.
>>
>>1104655
ebay bucks = 2% off

if you run it through a credit card it's another 2%
>>
File: hi-cseries-bombardier.jpg (55 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
hi-cseries-bombardier.jpg
55 KB, 620x349
Have you looked into Bombardier? why the fuck would you want to invest in Gold right now wait few months.
>>
>>1104748
>Have you seen FotM pump and dump scam?

God, I wish posting this meme was a bannable offence.
>>
>>1102218

Explain to me how you re-invest those dividends your chunk of metal produces monthly sitting in your sock draw.
Do you have male and female gold bars that rubs bits to create little AU nugs? Because my gold just sits there at the exact same weight it was when i bought it.

Gold is a store of wealth and hedge against inflation and that is it. Unless you bought @ $250/oz in the late 90s and sold @ $1800 in 2011, you almost always would have been better investing your money in any EFT that returned 7+% year on year.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.