[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the minimum amount needed to invest in vanguard? If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: shekelstealer.jpg (16 KB, 183x237) Image search: [Google]
shekelstealer.jpg
16 KB, 183x237
What is the minimum amount needed to invest in vanguard?

If I throw in $2000 today and a further $500 every month from now, would that be viable or not worth the time/not as efficient as another method?

I'm in my early 20's and want to start as soon as possible, completely dedicated to the long term
>>
3k to open a vanguard brokerage account.
>>
0$, you can buy ETFs
>>
Okay, different scenario: I throw in $3k this week to open an account with the minimum and $500 each month thereafter. A 50/50 stocks to bonds/etfs is probably what im thinking of aiming for due to the low income bracket I reside in
>>
>>1101781
Probably put less in bonds, like 10 percent since you're young

I'd throw in 10-15 percent into commodities like gold, oil, lumber, silver

The rest into ETFS, stocks and index funds (when affordable)
>>
>>1101781
Just put it all in VOO until you have enough money to matter. Say 10k, then you can start getting into lazy portfolios and other stuff.
>>
>>1101816
Thanks guys, ill definitely keep it in mind but will be sure to do some more research before committing to anything. I appreciate it
>>
For retirement shit, $1000 gets you a target fund, $3000 gets you any of their mutual funds ,and $10,000 gets your admiral funds with .05% fees
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.