[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is going to work for a start up a bad idea? I have a steady boring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Is going to work for a start up a bad idea? I have a steady boring job in an established corporation and it feels like doing time.
>>
Yes, most start ups are a mess just like large companies, but with limited opportunity to get promoted/establish a career path.
>>
>>1101215
Depends on the startup. You need to keep a couple things in mind. First, understand that the goal of most startups is to be bought out within the first 5 years so make sure to have a leveraged position in the company with stock options in this eventuality. Second, treat this like a company would treat M&A. Make sure to do enough due diligence and take a fine tooth comb to their financials and earnings reports. This way you will be able to tell the viability of their business model and if there are any deficiencies this will give you a clear picture of how you can provide value if you sign on. If they won't let you see their financials then agree to sign a NDA and if they still don't let you then this isn't a company you want to work for. Hope this helps.
>>
take an interview and meet the people. if you like the team better then try it out i don't see the problem.

if the place you're at now is actually established you could easily do side projects or have your own team though. the only benefits to a startup beyond "potential" are flexibility and having a real voice in the company. but most startups will give you none of those unless you're the type of guy who could have founded your own startup.
>>
>>1101215
Based on average success rate and stock price youre better off financially just getting a job
>>
>>1101267
Or if he's young, perhaps playing it a little more risky (like his financial advisor would suggest), would be more advantageous.
>>
I worked at a start up and it was a lot of fun but some can be cluster fucks. You need to have good leadership or it will crash and burn
>>
If you believe in the company, Invest time and money into it and it will serve you well.

That's how I earned by fortune. I bobbed on into a company, saw the potential and invested 30k and gave it everything I could with the help of others and we created a great company
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.