[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am Taking general ed courses at a community college in Tennessee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: Snapchat-3266464250537305232.jpg (301 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3266464250537305232.jpg
301 KB, 720x1280
I am Taking general ed courses at a community college in Tennessee and in my English course they are having is all write 6 pages papers on how #blacklivesmatter is important for equality in today's society.

I really just want to drop out, fuck this place. I just moved here from Chicago and its actually not much better. I would totally drop out if I knew I wouldn't be working a dead end walmart job. I just want to make money for my future family
>>
Lol you're the guy I gave bench advice to?
>>
>>1100341
I tossed the wrong pasta in
>>
>>1100312

What class are you in that they don't let you pick your own subject within a general area of subjects?

I was in a class ran by a woman who believed in the $1 to $0.75 wages thing and I never got triggered like your class is triggering me.
>>
>>1100350
Its English 1010 so college english
>>
>>1100312
I know this pain, I'm a non white conservative that goes to a liberal as shit school. My neck hurts from shaking my head so much.

Been looking at ways to make money without a degree before I drop out but not a lot of shit that doesn't require you to already have funds. Going to keep trying though, I'm convinced I'm wasting my time and patience here.
>>
Either
A drop the class
B try to test out
C write a solid essay in opposition to the prompt
D go to office hours and discuss whatever your issue is with the professor

Went to Columbia, some of the fucking core classes were full of shit like this. Honestly if it's community college I'd just write the essay. Bite the bullet or don't take the class
>>
Op here, I was going to school originally to become a gym teacher which I need a 4 year degree to become I guess. But I'm starting to think it isn't worth it. I just wana like my job and make decent money for my future family
>>
>>1100374

Neat faggot.

Sounds like you don't know yourself or where you want to be in the future very well.

Maybe you could take a year off to actively search for something that's meaningful to you.
>>
>>1100385
>This
also what college?
I'm going to vol state next year
>Tennessee Promise ftw
>>
>>1100408
>>1100312
>>
>>1100385
Health and fitness is meaningful to me..
>>
>>1100408
Yeah I literally go to volstate too haha, what town you from?
>>
Write the essay the teacher wants to read. You don't have to believe it. Learning to play nice with someone you can't fucking stand is a useful skill. I deal with retards all day. I would like to tell them to FUCK off. But it's better business to fake a smile and take their money.
>>
You need to complain about neutrality to the english department. Tell them that there isnt six pages to write about the topic.
>>
>>1100363
As a leftie in a pretty conservative area, I understand this pain.
>>
>>1100363
It took all I had to graduate.

>tfw it when 10 years later you still think it wasn't worth it.

I would have been better served working those 4 years and not taking a $40k loan.
>>
>>1101196
working where? walmart?
>>
>>1101299
Why bump this? How is it business or finance related?
>>
>>1100312
Is it true that your papers are graded without the teacher knowing who wrote what?
If that's the case test the waters by writing your opinion or subverting the theme of the paper and see if the grading is fair.
Something like: blm is important because it shows us how entitled and retarded welfare makes people.

You can also just write it, do it well, take the bad grade and complain against the unfair teacher.
Aren't you about to quit? Just do this and rustle some libs.
>>
>>1101232
MMC, don't want to say the subsidiary.

Learned everything within a month, now I'm just doing glorified data entry for $60k.
>>
>>1100312
I got a degree at a community college and then went on for a four year degree at a university. The community college felt way more like an indoctrination that the university, although maybe that is because I took all of my general low level requirements there. Me English instructor (a self-described lesbian feminist) made no attempt to hide that she was pushing an agenda in the class. My Spanish instructor used to start off every day talking about what's in the news and why things are better under the government of Spain. I had some other class about I don't even know what where we used to watch tons of videos like how Wal Mart is evil.
>>
>>1101303
Asking ideas for career paths is very related
>>
>>1101395
to be fair
wal mart has some extremely sketchy practices

like if they overhear an employee talk about a union (even on breaks) they're instantly fired
>>
>>1100312
First year community college student here, and I have to go to some panel about black lives matter for a business law II class. I know the pain anon... I applied to other schools for next fall; Can't take CC life.
>>
>>1102168
Do community colleges do more of that shit than universities? If so, why?
>>
>>1100312

Write an essay vigorously opposing the view, if you get anything less than an A-, publicity bomb them on Twitter AltRight, FoxNews and assail discrimination against your conservative views even if the paper was poorly-written and your grade reflects mechanical failures.
>>
>>1100562
from my own experiences the people at liberal unis are more divisive and intolerant then those at conservative colleges

are you sure you arent telling people why they are wrong all the time?
>>
>>1102271
Yeah, there are a lot of really liberal discussions in class; I think it has to do with the demographics it usually draws. My school is like 50% Hispanic 20% black.
>>
>>1102168
>>1102271
I dropped out of my community college like 5 years ago. I never encountered much liberalism there.

I'm back at another one doing a trade degree and quite frankly it's pretty awesome since like 99% of the students/faculty are male. They pushed a female teacher on one of the harder classes and from what I hear she's complete shit.
>>
>>1100312
Did you move to memphis? Because why the hell would you do that?
>>
>>1102813
>>1102813
No, i moved to nashville
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.