[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Periodicals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: magazine-cover-tips-Blender.jpg (2 MB, 600x843) Image search: [Google]
magazine-cover-tips-Blender.jpg
2 MB, 600x843
Do you guys read any magazines regularly? I keep reading that wannabe analysts should stay on top with NYT and WSJ and such.

But I reckon they just have shares in those
>>
>>1099563

I only read what I can borrow/find/get for free as a bonus/get on the cheap.

So rarely.
>>
I'll start:

Bloomberg Business+ (cos it came free with my phone)

NYT (cos I like the pictures)
Playboy (cos I like the articles)

Nature and Science (cos I'm back in school)

Regular magazines from the EAGE, PESGB, GeolSoc, GSA and any number of other geological organisations I'm a member of (cos ya gotta stay up to date - they're also begging for people to write for them so it's an easy soft publication if I want it)
>>
>>1099564
You can get most big magazines on TPB tho, just sayin
>>
>>1099570

Interesting.

Not something I'm likely to indulge in, but interesting.
>>
>>1099563
Bloomblerg and then I use apps like market watch, seeking alpha and investing.com. yahoo finance isn't too bad either.
>>
>>1099563

If you are an analyst catering to the population that reads NYT and WSJ, then you need to read them as well. The reason is that you need to build a narrative around the things, terms, and trends that your customers are familiar with. Sometimes it does help to bring in something from the left field. But you need to be able to ground it in something that they are familiar with to gain traction. Otherwise they dismiss it. Read whatever, but know what you need to read.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.