[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Everyone in America is even more broke than you think"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/05/income-inequality-crisis_n_4221012.html

"Highlighting this gap, more than half of U.S. wage earners made less than $30,000 last year, according to an analysis released by the Social Security Administration on Tuesday. That's not far above the $27,010 that marked the federal poverty line for a family of five in 2012."

i made $40,000 last year which means i made more than 60% of americans and i'm just a stupid server. i honestly feel shocked right now. how is this even possible?
>>
File: 1445062196597.gif (11 KB, 171x200) Image search: [Google]
1445062196597.gif
11 KB, 171x200
>>1098938
>mfw I make 130k, still don't feel rich enough
Can't imagine how you goys must feel if you have a family to support on $30k per year.
>>
>>1098938
>Huffington post
k
>>
>>1098938
I guessssssssss
>>
>>1098947

can you genuinely explain to me what the deal is about jewish people, i see that picture posted everywhere
>>
>>1098958
jewish people were bankers when the industry started so to say, from there they've been considered greedy and frugal forever (which is somewhat true)
>>
>>1098947
>Live on guy's land for picking his weeds.
>Nice trailer.
>Only pay electricity and food.
>Make just enough to pay for my costs at $300/mo.
Now with a family I'd obviously need to make more, but I'm really happy here. Having that much and not being content sounds really depressing to me.
>>
>>1098938
If you take out non humans (niggers and spics) and only count whites and asians the average will be much higher.
>>
>>1098964

your life sounds really depressing to me
>>
>>1098958
Cultural shock, a bit of envy, and a bit of truth
>>
>>1098969
Not bad if he is 12
>>
>>1098967
Yes, I'm sure the Chinese guy who delivers my food must be making serious bank
>>
>>1098969
I get to grow my own herbs and veggies. I can laze around and read, work out, do whatever all day. Today I caught a bunch of rain and started teaching myself how to use different water filtering techniques. I replaced all the tin on the trailer by learning woodworking. I can hunt for fresh meat if I feel like not going to the store and having fun instead. I'm happy, no need to feel depressed for someone that's happy.
>>
File: ST_13.04.16.13_AsianIncome.png (18 KB, 286x457) Image search: [Google]
ST_13.04.16.13_AsianIncome.png
18 KB, 286x457
>>1098974
Bro, you're living in the past, chinese are rich as fuck now
>>
>>1098987
>That low.

Why do you think all Asian small businesses are cash only operations?
>>
>>1098991
Not to pay taxes to the faggy cumskin government. Those cash only operations make big bank.
>>
>>1098967
If you got rid of 40% of the population the market would collapse and someone would have to fill those jobs
>>
>>1098938
First off many of those are probably retirees. This number will grow. Second if you have a spouse making 30k along with you then that's 60k for a family of five. 30k is nowhere near poverty for a single person or a couple

Us the economy is fucked but the income gap will grow regardless due to increasing numbers of retirees.

In summary this article is comparing apples to oranges. Faggots who write for the huffing ton post are liberal arts reacts. Wtf do they know about anything
>>
>>1098982
> pot smoker who lives in a trailer and grows weed for his pimp

You have to go back.
>>
>>1098997
What's robots?

Most low and middle wage jobs will be replaced by AI or machines within the next 25 years.
>>
>>1099002
I wish I could smoke pot. Too expensive, and I get really paranoid. I'm meme'd on life, compadre.
>>
>>1098987
It's probably even higher now. The only Chinese that immigrate these days are extremely wealthy nouveau riche and the children of existing residents are all doctors.
>>
>>1098997
Whites make up 15 percent of the global population! We need more diversity!!!
>>
>>1098995
Exactly. Those numbers are probably too low by 50%.
>>
>>1099007
You have to go back
>>
>>1099007
How do you make that tre hundo for living expenses?

How many hours a week you work picking weeds?

How bad your winters get?

How often do you actually read, work out, or do something that feels worthwhile?
>>
I make $50,000 a year (gross) and I still feel broke as fuck. I don't pay rent and all I spend my money out is lunch and eating out on weekends.
>>
>>1098938
>Point out individual wage
>Then compare it to family definitions of poverty

In the 21st century you can expect at least 150% of individual earnings for a couple.
>>
>>1098938
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/05/income-inequality-crisis_n_4221012.html

> how is this even possible?
Inequality is growing and it is real.

>>1098954
Source of the data is the SSA. It's not being manipulated or extrapolated - the figures are presented accurately.

>>1098967
why are you here

>>1098995
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/deer-found-dead-side-road-taken-chinese-restaurant/np725/
big bank, yea
>>
TL;DR niggers nig and everyone else works. It's literally not that hard to find a decent full time job and maintain a good lifestyle. Everybody complaining about today's economy seems to be a helpless stoner retard who plays video games or an intellectual schmuck who fell for the university meme.
>>
>>1099018
Make money from fiverr. This isn't the only thing I do on the internet.

Pick weeds once every two months.

Winters aren't bad - now. That's why I learned woodworking.

Read everyday. Workout a few times a week. Do something worthwhile everyday, to me anyway. Sometimes "worthwhile" is as simple as physically accomplishing something new (like putting computer parts together by soldering, not just placing the already-made parts on the mobo).
>>
>>1099029
You'd be surprised by how well chinese people can jew. My parents are renting out two houses in Boston but too cheap to turn on the heater in their own house in February.
>>
I make $50,000 a year (gross) and I still feel broke as fuck. I don't pay rent and all I spend my money out is lunch and eating out on weekends.
>>
>>1099023
>>1099037
>double posts
>ID ***REMIX

What are the odds?
>>
>>1099034
Or if you have programming experience, write malware. It's virtually untraceable if you take the right precautions and use cryptocurrencies.
>>
>>1098958

> the deal with Jewish people

well the stereotype is that they are selfish, obsessed with money, conniving, and stick together. An even further theory is that Jews at the top of the economy are orchestrating a scheme to keep Jews in power and Gentiles at the bottom, or doing the labor if you will. So the "scheming jew" pic is posted a lot on 4chan.

Regretfully I have found the stereotype is often true.
>>
>>1099043
What is a Gentiles?
>>
>>1099043
Here in Atlanta they seem like decent people. They're upper class, yes, but they don't seem very power hungry. I can't speak for you unfortunate bastards up north, though.
>>
>>1099049
Non jews
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.