[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a new general manager, there are some people that have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 196x204) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 196x204
I'm a new general manager, there are some people that have to be let go because they are useless as fuck, 19 year olds...

anyway,,, it's rather difficult to do it! because it makes me feel bad.... but i still want those motherfucking leeches to go away

any tips?
>>
I wish biz was harder to troll, it really compromises any advice I would consider taking on here. Maybe it's for the best--I probably shouldn't take anyone's advice on here.

see you after 50+ replies
>>
>>1098881

Be firm. Be honest. Do it quickly.

Don't beat around the bush.

Though pulling a bandaid off of a wound quickly is bad for the skin, it hurts the least.
>>
>>1098881
general manager, of, like, a baseball team?
>>
>>1098894
well, English isn't my mother language!! I run the company for their jewish owners haha and make sure they get a few hundred thousand dollars a month
>>
>>1098894
it's fucking retail!
>>
>>1098903
Then why aren't you just reducing their hours to basically nothing?

This is the low key way to fire retail associates. Do it gradually and pretty soon they will all be working part time somewhere else, thus reducing the chance you get knifed in a mall parking lot.
>>
>feeling bad for motherfucking leeches

Just tell them they're fired you cuckshed general manager
>>
>>1098903
Don't worry about it, losing a retail job is nothing for a 19 year old.
>>
Say it after me: Performance Improvement Plan
>>
>>1099031
I had one of those once. The boss that wasn't giving me any work to do gave me a week to improve my performance, ignored me for a week, then claimed I wasn't doing anything he assigned. But that company is on the DoL's shit list for being idiots so fortunately I still got unemployment.
>>
Don't fire them. Bring them into the office, say hours have to get moved around and people have to lose shifts, unfortunately there is no more hours for you after X day, I am happy to "give you a good review / whatever" and end it nicely.
>>
>>1098881
If they're not performing their duties, why not start by bringing it up with them in a friendly manner?

Then in a firm manner.

Then tell them their jobs are at risk.

Then sack them.

That way you won't feel guilty since you gave them every chance and every warning and they were the ones that chose the outcome.
>>
threaten them to work harder to get fired and see what happens.
>>
>>1101204

But you know, Bob, that willonlymake someone workjust hard enoughnot toget fired.
>>
>>1098881
4:45pm on Friday afternoon.
Call them into your office with their immediate supervisor. Inform them you are firing them and if they are or are not eligible for unemployment. State the reason and their quarterly reviews. Have a member of IT lock their computers at the start of the meeting.

Always have a 2nd person in the meeting incase one of them tries to claim you harassed them.
>>
Is this Michael Scott?

Just grow a pair, nancy boy
>>
>>1101220
Why not just send Guido to go talk to them out in the parking lot? Imply to Guido you don't want them coming back.
>>
>>1101157
This. If its just general laziness maybe a few (1-3) warnings based on severity. If they keep slacking in the same area after you tell them to fix it, fire them.

If its a safety risk, fire them.

They either will understand or they wont. Don't "marry" your employees. You aren't there to be their friend, you are there to be their boss. Their job isnt to be lazy.

Lazy employees are not good for retail. I have walked right backbout of stores that are unclean or the employees are unhelpful. It loses the company money and every day you let them do a poor job its your fault.
>>
>>1098881
You may want to confirm the useless part if you haven't already. Stealing credit is very common. I have seen it happen once or twice.

>New boss
>Charismatic dickbag Lies and bluffs
>other dudes who do decent work get fired
>Awkward silence when boss realizes he fired a hard worker and kept the Dickbag.
>more often boss is in denial, may fire others if the dickbag can trick them.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.