[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Door to door sales internships are pretty much worthless, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1344846893280.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1344846893280.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
Door to door sales internships are pretty much worthless, right? I get the impression from a lot of the recruiters that they're pretty much desperate for people to hop on for an internship that's only like a few months.

I'm graduating in a couple months with a bachelor's degree in CIS and I already feel like I'm underqualified for pretty much everything I could apply for because most internships require you to be currently enrolled and my skills are pretty entry level as it stands. I would be a pretty good salesperson, but door to door feels like a joke or "beneath me". I'm still going to do the interviews, but is it even worth following up with? Pic unrelated.
>>
door to door sales are usually a pyramid scheme
>>
> Internship

you're not considering doing door to door for free are you?

door to door sucks dick. Its just bad on all levels.

It's ONLY worth it if you can make like $200 a day or more.
>>
>>1098880
It's paid. No way in hell I'd do it for free.
>>
>door to door

Good luck... No one answers the door because they think you're a scam mlm guy or because they can't be bothered.

What will you even be selling? No one buys junk from people going door to door.
>>
>>1098889
Cable/dish people actually do decent business that way.
>>
>>1098904

> Cable/dish

yeah this one and maybe solar sales are the only 2 door-to-door that are halfway decent.

I have heard some cable/dish guys do pretty good.
>>
I can help you out, senpai. I hope you're still around, because I think this will help you out.

I've done d2d sales for two summers. . . and I'll be honest with you.

1) It was the worst job I've ever had.

2) It was the worst job I will ever have.

3) It was one of the best things I've done with my life.

Dead honest. I fucking lost money doing this gig for two summers, but I've gained a solid foundation for myself. I picked up the ability to manage my time, manage myself, and to set goals properly--all priceless stuff. But all of this was gained in one of the hardest sales environments to exist. At that, d2d is largely considered outdated.

I don't know what company you've applied for, nor do I care to know, but what you should know is this:

What you put into your work is what you get out of it. Sometimes in the world of d2d sales, what you put into it is sometimes not enough.

Some employers after graduation will respect your d2d experience. . . some won't.

I'm not trying to influence your decision one way or another, because I have mixed feelings about my d2d sales internship experience to this day.

But I am also certain that it has made me the great salesperson that I am today.
>>
You also sound reluctant as well. The words of an anonymous asshole on 4chan should not influence your decision, but you should consider reaching out to some alumni or former employees of the company. Reach out to these people and listen to their experience. Pick at their brain, try to get a feel for the work they did, and imagine putting yourself in their shoes. Try to contact several of them and do the homework yourself. I wouldn't trust the recruiters' recommendations.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.