[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/, I got a question about phantom shares. So, a company
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: logo-phantom-stock[1].png (11 KB, 271x93) Image search: [Google]
logo-phantom-stock[1].png
11 KB, 271x93
Hey /biz/, I got a question about phantom shares.

So, a company I used to work for gave me 500 phantom shares as a bonus one Christmas. About 6 months later, the company got bought out and I got laid off. They sent out an email saying that the company that bought them out would be paying them a lump sum payment every month for the next three years, plus royalties every quarter for the next four years. They also said that once all the debts of the company I worked for were paid off, distributions to employees in the phantom share plan would begin. They estimated that even with no royalties being paid to the company, they would have the debt paid off after about 18 months.

Well, it's been over 18 months now, and I hadn't heard anything since I got laid off, so I decided to call up the company that bought us out and figure out what's happening with the phantom share plan. After talking with someone there, I learned that the company that bought us out hasn't been making a profit off the products we made, so they stopped sending payments to the company I worked for. Now, maybe he meant the royalties and not the lump sum payment, but all I know is that it's been about 20 months since I got laid off and that's the only news I've heard from anyone since then.

So my question is: can they actually do that? I mean, they bought the company out, they have to at least pay the lump sum, don't they? My old company gave me an email address to send to in case I moved, and I emailed them about a year ago when I did, but I haven't heard anything out of that either. Not even a confirmation that they got my change of address. Would there be anyone I could get in contact with to figure out exactly what's going on? Am I just screwed?

Has anyone else ever been in a similar situation?
>>
>>1098718
you could try filing a lawsuit
>>
This is why phantom shares are basically a joke.

Anyway, do you have any paperwork showing this phantom share plan? Any emails backing up what you are saying?

I would talk to a lawyer.

How much money are we talking here anyway?
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.