[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever think that work ethic is as genetic as IQ? And I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
Do you ever think that work ethic is as genetic as IQ? And I don't mean inherited (or I don't really care whether it is or not), I mean pretty much fixed.

I did extremely well at school and all academic stuff but can't motivate myself to do much outside of it. I was one of the lucky ones who got an unfair ego boost because my preferences matched up to the school environment.

I can't motivate myself outside a rigid system.

I am "addicted" to the internet.

And so on. How do I get over this? How do I take advantage of my strengths with a work ethic? How do I get a work ethic?
>>
>>1098332
Actually we now have peer reviewed empirical science behind the concept of "willpower" its not some vague internal characteristic that you dont control.

Behavioral psychology not only turned it into something quantifiable but also discoverd ways to enhance it and augment it.
>>
Of course, everything is inherited, but it has to be cultivated also.

The brain did not evolve to artfully manage the relentless bombardment of input that technology imposes upon it.

The way to get a work ethic is simply through ordered regularity and repetition. Like Napoleon Hill writes:

"Persistence is the direct result of habit. The mind absorbs and becomes a part of
the daily experiences upon which it feeds. Fear, the worst of all enemies, can be
effectively cured by forced repetition of acts of courage."

You said yourself that you can't work without a ordered system. You just need to enforce a realistic work-scheme with consistency; through ordered regularity your rhythm and habits will be sure to change -- in the end, you'll be incapable of not working.

Three clear steps you should take
Set goals
Work towards achieving the goals
Set definite limitations on your internet usage
>>
>>1098374

Yeah but they said it was finite and then they said it was inifinite. NOt that I take psychology too seriously anyway, as teh concept of willpower kind of refutes free will adn personal responsibility, and I would feel like a pussy if I said that about myself.

And to confuse things even more, I don't even believe in free will! (i.e. the atoms and laws of physics are doing everything, don't blame me)
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.