[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Potentially undervalued european banks.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: db.png (16 KB, 802x426) Image search: [Google]
db.png
16 KB, 802x426
>The idea is that the costs of a failing bank should be absorbed by its bondholders (i.e. the bank’s creditors), shareholders and depositors with more than €100,000 before asking the taxpayers to chip in, as they did in 2008-09.

>In practice, however, this new directive has created panic among bank investors

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rob-commentary/europes-banks-still-too-big-to-fail-but-our-new-response-remains-to-be-tested/article28769928/

Thoughts? Are big institutions pulling out their money due to internal policy and a "better safe than sorry" attitude among executives who don't want to shoulder the blame if something goes wrong? Or are their concerns justified and the economy is in dire straits?

I wouldn't put any money into some dodgy Italian bank, but what about a more reliable bank that has been dragged down in the panic? desu I don't think I will but I think this is worth watching
>>
This is a priced-in reaction to a policy change.
It makes more sense to hold currency than to back the banks atm imo.
>>
>>1098317
I guess so. In theory I think there are other investors who won't care as much who will slowly trickle in once the panic is over and they see it is undervalued slightly, unless the ECB is preparing for a disaster they know is going to happen and the impact on creditors will fundamentally affect their profits.
>>
Being able to perform in the show, with someone who is a contender staring straight at you, staring at the game. Possibly even playing mindgames with you. I mean it's all part of being a champion, you have to overcome it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.