[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people keep applying for jobs in cyclical industries such
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 329487329874.png (425 KB, 735x540) Image search: [Google]
329487329874.png
425 KB, 735x540
Why do people keep applying for jobs in cyclical industries such as oil and gas when they're just going to be fired in the next downturn to save profits?
>>
>>1097866
They will always take and retain grads
>>
>>1097866
Job you maybe get fired in 4 years and get expirience > no job
>>
what else do you expect petrolecuck engineers to do ?
>>
>>1097866
I paid off my mortgage and saved 600k (401k+normal savings). Retards that spend every penny they make are doomed anyways.
>>
>>1097866
They seem to make decent money when they are working. If they manage that money well, short gaps in employment shouldn't break them.
>>
>>1097866
>>1097866
animal spirits
everyone thinks they're going to be one of the ones that don't get fired, they think they're going to raise up the ranks and be the one firing

that or they just need a good paying job RIGHT NOW and don't care about the future
>>
>>1097886
here's your (You)
>>
>>1097866

Because if you save and invest properly and live a modest life, you only need to work 3 years out of 5.
>>
>>1097866
You got to git gud
>>
>>1097866
Dude some of those jobs were luxury status (income wise) for people with no college degree.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.