[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
eBay General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10
File: eBayBay.png (15 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
eBayBay.png
15 KB, 256x256
Four more days & feedbacks won't matter
(Seller Dashboard)

Though they never really mattered in the first place...
>>
explain more.
>>
File: ...png (525 KB, 384x864) Image search: [Google]
...png
525 KB, 384x864
>>1097362

Not much really, eBay is finally making it so you won't receive a "defect" on your account if someone leaves you a neg/neut feedback.

Kinda makes sense since 90% of feedbacks are extortion.

What I'm more confused about is what happened to my customers package...
>>
File: Capture.png (14 KB, 614x175) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14 KB, 614x175
>tfw someone finally buys the item you've been holding for over a year
>tfw they buy all of it
>>
File: IMG_1671.png (387 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1671.png
387 KB, 720x1280
>>1097395

>tfw they want more... $400+ worth more
>mfw it's only worth $70 but I don't feel like waiting another year if he bails out
>>
>>1097405
Tell him you can get more for the price upfront?
>>
Do the Ebay threads have their own wiki/dropbox/etc?
I've been thinking about taking on Ebay/Amazon as a hobby to learn the basics of e-commerce but I don't really know where to start.
>>
>Go to thrift store.
>Spend like $23.xx on several items.
>List everything for $170+
>Go for a 2 mile walk.
>Come back, and see that I've sold one of the items for $55.
>mfw profit within 45 minutes of listing item.
>>
File: message.png (10 KB, 453x175) Image search: [Google]
message.png
10 KB, 453x175
>>1097460

True, could easily have it drop shipped DHL express to his place, problem is he needs them by Sat. Not going to stress myself to trust some supplier I haven't spoken to in over a year to ship out on time.

>tfw could've made him pay more, but really wanted to get rid of them

>>1097574
No, you're just going to have to learn as you go.
>>
>>1097576
How does one find thrift stores?
>>
File: 1423953403345.png (6 KB, 252x256) Image search: [Google]
1423953403345.png
6 KB, 252x256
>>1097699

Um

i-i don't know...

m-M-maybe ggGGgoogle maps?
>>
Funny how Amazon started banning unbranded hoverboards, and eBay did nothing...

Also, I think people are burning these things on purpose for insurance claims/15min of fame.

Or someone just spilled some coffee on theirs blamed the seller.
>>
>>1097574
its not too hard man, just get started and you'll learn on the way. You should look into your post options first
>>
>>1097699

Google, walking, etc.

Also pawn shops are a big thing for me. Bought two gun magazines the other week. $15 apiece. Sold one for $35, the other for $80. Easy money. Just stick to 10 rounds or less to make the ebay fags happy
>>
>>1097377
fucking hot.

i have over 100 customers a day on ebay. bend over really far to not get negatives.

having strong feedback is part of getting 20% a month off fees, which is like 2k for me.

also improves your search standings. noticeably so :(.

ive noticed my competition that are way larger than i havnt had a feedback rating posted in their auctions for bout half year now. still cant figure that shit out.
>>
File: 1455676048622.png (109 KB, 720x613) Image search: [Google]
1455676048622.png
109 KB, 720x613
>>1097405
>>
>>1097750
>Just stick to 10 rounds or less to make the ebay fags happy

Fuck eBay and Cali...

I had a really good eBay account from 2007 when I first opened it when I was 15 but it got banned(late 2012) because someone reported my two listings for 30 round AR-15 mags.

Get warning about first listing, OK, go to remove the second one.

Oh wait! Im banned/suspended since ebay saw the second one and decided not to give me even 5 mins to delete it.

fucking liberal kikes. I live in NC and advertised the item as conforming to MY state law and that I would only sell to states that allowed 30 rounders....

Now I use an account my friend made in 2009. I would never use ebay again but there just is no competitive alternative....
>>
File: 1392191068938.jpg (68 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1392191068938.jpg
68 KB, 680x680
>look into a part I want to buy
>check shipping details
>US Media Mail
>it's a fucking used motorcycle fairing
So, what are the chances I wont see it
>>
>>1098246
If they inspect it, you will either receive it postage due or it will be sent back to sender.

Between the slow transit time and possibility that it gets sent back id say you'll be in for quite a wait.

If you paid for first class or priority mail id be bitching about it.
>>
>>1098266
Haven't bought it yet. I just scrolled down a bit and saw the conditions. I think he's a shitbag for charging me 30 bucks for shipping while using the cheapest option available, but so far it's still the cheapest fairing I could find, shipping included.
>>
>>1098268
>motorcycle fairing

Well, he doesnt get to decide that it goes media mail. It HAS to be books or other similar materials in order to qualify for that rate.

Hes really playing with fire by shipping via media mail. My post office opens all Media mail in order to make sure that it conforms to the policy. You agree to have you package opened for inspection when you ship media mail.

While waiting in line I see people trying to get media mail packages because they were left a notice in their mail box and its pretty funny seeing them pay like $20 for something worth the same or less.
>>
>>1097377
Fuck buying on ebay after that.
>>
File: Capturesales.jpg (28 KB, 1129x188) Image search: [Google]
Capturesales.jpg
28 KB, 1129x188
Anyone else here have a basic eBay store and just resell for some side income/spending money?

I resell Dell Outlet workstations/rackmount servers and their associated peripherals(GPUs/RAM/HDD/CPUs) for about $150-400 of profit each. I may part some out and sell as barebones if financially it makes sense.

Been doing it slowly for the past few months and have brought in a few thousand in profit.

Spent the profit on guns, bullets, dell venue pro tablet and food.

No issues, yet. knock on wood.
>>
>>1098396
Also, if I have an issue where I need to give a partial refund to a customer or I make too little profit I just chat up Dell and complain and ask for a return.

They always cough up at least a $50 partial refund to keep me from returning the PC. Works out pretty good.

I do this sparingly though.
>>
>sell watch for $130 to a buyer in France
>pack and ship things via USPS Priority Mail
>"Guaranteed delivery in 7 to 10 days"
>package stuck in Chicago customs for the past 18 days

Not sure what to do here. . .
>>
>>1098407
>Not sure what to do here. . .

Its simple, discriminate against international customers for anything over $50 that way you can afford to loose it if something happens.

I dont ship anything international that I cant afford to loose.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 480x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 480x451
Hi gays
>>
>>1098407
I sold an ECU to the Netherlands before. Took a few weeks but it went pretty smooth nonetheless.
>>
>>1097574
theres various how to guidebooks you can torrent m8
>>
>>1098396
I do a similar thing with broken computers.

May I ask what models are worth investing in?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.