[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My parents want to sell their old house back in China. We haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1419137126473.png (359 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1419137126473.png
359 KB, 640x480
My parents want to sell their old house back in China. We haven't seen it since 10 years and apparently the Chinese housing market inflation has stagnated. Its current sell-able market price is about 230k USD, but my aunt offers to buy it for 184k USD.

My dad just asked me if we should sell it to her and I said no, because:

1) Doing business with family member, if anything goes wrong, hurts extra bad.

2) My family doesn't have income at the moment, dad's laid off, and we cannot afford to be generous.

Was my answer appropriate?
>>
>>1097195

Seeing as your aunt is Chinese, she can't be trusted to not scam or jew you. Seeing as you and your dad are Chinese, your aunt can't trust you to not do the same.

It's tragic but you should cheat someone else.
>>
>>1097200
Did you personally get scammed by Chinese?
>>
>>1097209

DIDN'T WE ALL!?!?!?!?!
>>
>>1097213
Not really, I cannot relate to that.
>>
>>1097209

Nah I just figured some good old classic racism was what would be expected of me.

If your aunt can't pay $230K now, she can always pay the rest over time.
>>
>>1097220
Is there some kind of insurance for her to actually pay the rest over time?
>>
>>1097229

Aside from a contract of some sort or just honor between family members?

Not really. I'm assuming that given the borders between nations, there are plenty of ways for her to get away with non-payment after the initial transaction.
>>
>>1097195
My aunt fell on bad times and went to stay with her "God mother" with her family. Managed to buy the rights to the flat at a discount price. Promptly sold it when the housing bubble started, and settled to a new cheaper smaller flat. Of course the God mother was unhappy. And yes we are Chinese as well
>>
>>1097239
Just let her have it for 200K
>>
>>1097234
Oh boy, that sounds pretty complicated. I would like my parents to just sell it to someone else then.

>>1097239
Your aunt was a fool to have sold it at the start of housing bubble.

>>1097248
She told my dad that 184K is the most she can offer. I guess we will see how much she wants it.
>>
>>1097248
good call .. let her have it for 200 k if she can only afford 180 now .. then let her pay the 20 k over 3 to 5 yrs
>>
>>1097248
>>1097278
Is there any benefit objectively speaking with selling it to my aunt? Considering my family really needs the money now.
>>
>>1097342

Your aunt wants it and, presumably, she'd have a hard time refusing to pay you since you'll know where she's supposed to be living.

However, getting jewed on the cost is bad since you guys have no income right now.
>>
>>1097357
>since you'll know where she's supposed to be living

What do you mean?
>>
>>1097342
Will it be passed down in the family if she passed away? Who are her heirs?
>>
>>1097403
Her daughter, my older cousin.
>>
>>1097364

If she buys the house, she's supposed to be living in it or else has another connection to it. You'll be able to find her to sue her ass if she non-payments.
>>
>>1097408
Okay, I see. It may not be this simple since we are no longer Chinese citizens.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.