[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I traded stocks this year and don't mention on my tax
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 259x194
If I traded stocks this year and don't mention on my tax forms that I made 30 dollars from stocks, will the IRS somehow find out? I don't wanna deal with figuring the forms and whatnot this year.

Hard mode: what about if I lose money? Would they fuck me for that too? Even if that saves me money in taxes?
>>
>>1097057
Losses are tax deductions. What tax bracket are you in?
>>
>>1097060
10%. I do Robinhood meme trading and have an account on TD ameritrade for actual investments but none of those have been sold this year
>>
we'll see. the brokerage deadline for 1099's is Feb 15th. I filed on the on Jan 30th because I wanted my return. about the same dollar amount too I made like $30

i doubt it honestly, thats like a $6 liability or something. i think the threshold is $100 for them to kick back a letter
>>
>>1097057
Usually you need your SSN to sign up and they'll send a 1099 to the IRS.
There might be a minimum dollar amount before they do that though, not sure. Bank intrest is unreported if under $10 for example.
>>
>>1097060
What if I am in the weird position of having made no money, living with my parents, and investing like a douche and losing 400 dollars I had saved up from a previous job out of boredom? Still worth filing taxes?
>>
>>1097057

Why wouldn't you use a tax free investment account? Don't you have those in the USA?

Surely, anything in that account you don't have to declare
>>
>>1097057

$3 dollar capital gains tax, pay up.
>>
Along these lines:

I noticed on Vanguard you need to deposit into a money market fund first and buy ETFs using that. Does that mean that I can trade my ETFs and keep my gains in the mmf without worrying about taxes?

Like, do I only get taxed once I convert my mmf into cash?
>>
>>1098645
I'm curious to know this too. Think the answer is still anything sold is taxable
>>
File: 1418369241872.jpg (41 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1418369241872.jpg
41 KB, 396x385
If the government is going to steal your tax money the can at least do the paper work for you instead of you figuring that shit out a clusterfuck of regulations and retarded bullshit FUCK the government
>>
Just do it, it's not hard. Schedule D
>>
>>1097057
Short term capital gains are taxed at your regular tax bracket.

Long term capital gains (stocks held for over a year) are taxed at 0% for the lowest two tax brackets ($36900 and under) and 15% for mostly everybody above that lower two tax brackets.

Capital losses obviously arent taxed and are deducted from either your capital gains for the year, or if you were completely at a loss that year can be deducted from other sources of income (such as a job) up to $3000 on your taxes.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.