[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Here's some over advantages - I have no hobbies, no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: michael-ginsberg.jpg (22 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
michael-ginsberg.jpg
22 KB, 640x360
>Here's some over advantages - I have no hobbies, no interests, no friends. I'm one of those people who talks back to the radio - no girlfriend, no family. I will live here.

how would saying something like this in an interview IRL go? not the quote exactly but admitting I am incapable of small talk and am not a typical 'team player' or whatever HR departments are looking for in my 'employability' skills, but will be 100 percent knowledgeable and dedicated to the job and my area of work.

tldr is it possible for a total aspie to get employed outside of fields like computer science or something
>>
ca you simply not mention it?
>>
>>1097064
I know that's probably the way to go, but the whole recruitment culture is bogging me down atm
>>
>>1097070
I have no idea desu... just asking
>>
>>1097054
Honestly as much as HR is worthless, the one skill they probably have is identifying personality so you can leave a lot of it unsaid and they will read you as introverted. You just need to be able to communicate clearly, that doesn't necessarily mean talking a lot
>>
I would rather hire a chad that can do the job decently and I can stand being around everyday than the time bomb aspie who can break down at any moment for no reason.

Don't mention it. Ever.
>>
>>1097216
>aspie
>break down at any moment

Aspie's don't break down.

A chad is far more likely to break down, eager for the surrounding social support to comfort him.
>>
>>1097054

Unless you're a code monkey it's shooting your own feet.
>>
Find yourself a new image. And become that image. At least, until you have a job.
>>
Make small talk until it becomes unnecessary to do so (2 weeks or so). Then everyone will think you're an asshole that works hard.
>>
>>1097054

>mentioning disadvantages.
You're supposed to pretend to be a normie until you get to the point where you're irreplaceable or your boss just doesn't care.
>>
>>1097261
No, they break alright. I had an intern that was like that. Brilliant academics, very good at statistics and knew a shitload about relevant stuff to the job. He was just like OP though.

Then in the first high pressure situation when I needed him to perform and everyone was screaming (I'm a proprietary trader btw) he simply went blank, got up and ran from the office. It was in the middle of the day.

He tried to show up in the next day but we had to fire him. It would be much better if he just told he couldn't do it and needed help instead of sperging out and leaving.

Breaking down is much more than crying like a bitch.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.