[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Order filler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>anyone ever been an order filler at a distribution center?
>>
Yeah. Marine pipe industry and medical stuff. The marine/heavy industrial was more fun/interesting

Not a bad job for unskilled. Payed decently for what it is.
>>
>>1097047
Was it hard on the body?
>>
>>1097059
Can be from listing heavy boxes, especially if your technique was bad. Medial was most small lightweight stuff but a whole carton of some of the products might be heavy.
Pipe was obviously heavy, you use a forklift for the obvious stuff like a 16" valve but the danger is the stuff that's almost light enough to lift so you're tempted to take a shortcut and not use a forklift. Basically if you work smarter, not harder and use proper lifting technique it's not bad
>>
>>1097022
Yeah, unionized at LCBO, 18/hr. Easy on the body because you're lifting a couple cases of beer at the most (at once anyways.)
>>
>>1097022
did it for a drywall type place

extremely repetitive and boring without music, probably would have quit after a couple weeks if my coworkers hadn't been nice people
>>1097059
it's nowhere near as hard on you as construction. but where i was there was the occasional day where you had to unload a large trailer by hand, which was pretty taxing
>>
Did it at a massive grocery store warehouse. Fucking sucked. I never really got the hang of it. To be good at it you had to have that fucking place memorized .

After I quit they switched to some sci-fi headset arragements where a robot tells you what to do.

Everyone, without exception, that was good at picking was on meth.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.