[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you guys trading in Rai stones, the most stable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Why aren't you guys trading in Rai stones, the most stable currency?

>>Rai stones are large circular disks with a hole in the center, like a doughnut, and stand as high as 12 feet tall and weighs as much as five tons each. Some of these stones are so large, they aren’t physically moved at all. They are simply owned, like immovable assets, and their transaction or ownership is recorded in the oral history. The physical location of the Rai is not important, the ownership is. In one instance, a large Rai was being transported by canoe when it accidentally dropped and sank to the sea floor. Although it was never seen again, everyone agreed that the Rai must still be there, so it continued to be transacted as genuine currency.
>>
>>1096825
if you rely on an oral history of the stone... and can allow for one sinking into the sea and people just acknowledging the stone exists... then why do you even need the stone in the first place and not simply an oral history that the debit/credit exists... after all the stone is just an abstract representation of value
>>
>>1096825
>Trading in something that relies on oral history
I don't own the stones, I just tell people I do and end up getting free stuff.
>>
>>1096825

I actually own 2 of those in Brazil. If you paypal me $5000 I will let you have them
>>
>>1096919
>>1096924

I'm impressed, you 12 year olds managed to see the problem with this LITERAL STONE AGE tradition.
>>
File: what the fish.webm (543 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
what the fish.webm
543 KB, 720x404
>Some of these stones are so large, they aren’t physically moved at all. They are simply owned, like immovable assets, and their transaction or ownership is recorded in the oral history. The physical location of the Rai is not important, the ownership is.

This sounds like fucking bitcoin to me.
>>
>>1096955
>not buying stonecoin
>>
>>1096955
There is some truth to this. After all, when you own a bitcoin you are just owning the private key to that bitcoin.

But in this case, the "oral history" is an immutable consensus ledger
>>
>>1096955
>This sounds like fucking bitcoin to me.

very true
>>
>>1096943

actually they carried on with these things until the 20th century... and started them a few hundred years ago
>>
File: Golden_Gate_Bridge_0002.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1029) Image search: [Google]
Golden_Gate_Bridge_0002.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1029
Why aren't you guys trading in bridges, the most stable currency?

>Bridges are large flat objects that span gaps, like a board, and stand as high as 300 feet tall adn weighs as much as 12,000 tons each. Some of these bridges are so large, they aren't physically moved at all. They are simply owned, like immovable assets, adn their transaction or ownership is recorded in the oral history. The physical location of the bridge is not important, the ownership is. In one instance, a large bridge was being transported by canoe when it accidentally dropped and sank to the sea floor. Although it was crossed a whole lot, everyone agreed that the bridge must still be there, so it continued to be transacted as genuine currency.
>>
Why aren't you guys trading in OP's mom, the most stable currency?

>>OP's mom have large circular mouth with a hole in the center, like a doughnut, and stand as high as 5 feet tall and weighs as much as five tons each. Some of these moms are so large, they aren't physically moved at all. They are simply owned, like immovable sex dolls, and their transaction or ownership is recorded in the oral history. The physical location of OP's mom is not important, the ownership is. In one instance, OP's mom was being fucked in the face by me when OP accidentally opened the door. Although OP was never seen again, everyone agreed that his mom still takes dick, so it continued to be transacted as genuine currency.
>>
>>1097224
Underrated post
>>
>>1096919
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_theory_of_value
>>
>>1096955
>>1097090
you're both retarded
>>
>>1096978
that market went through the floor for all but the big guys as soon as dynamite ASICs came along, anon
>>
>>1096825
Wow that is fucking stupid.
>ownership is passed down through "oral history"
>dropped a stone into the ocean forever
>keep trading it even though you can't actually have it
Sounds like something fat college feminists would call a "beautiful rich tradition, something we could all learn from".
>>
File: 1451810886718.jpg (38 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1451810886718.jpg
38 KB, 600x375
> /biz/ calling anything silly while investing in gold/silver

Buying up "muh precious metals" who's entire value drives from niggers "fo dem chainz" and doomsday nuts is just as retarded as this.
>>
>>1097872
You angry you missed out m80?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.