[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monero Masterrace
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 16
File: monero.png (58 KB, 1966x1829) Image search: [Google]
monero.png
58 KB, 1966x1829
Monero (XMR) has doubled in price in the last few days on the largest volume in its existence. (40 cents to 80 cents)

It is the best cryptocurrency out there; the literal Bitcoin 2.0 that most people talk about.

Electronic cash is easy: Facebook could do it.
Decentralized electronic cash was harder - but Bitcoin did it in 2008.
Private decentralized electronic cash is hardest of all. So hard the NSA didn't think it was possible back in the 1990's. (http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm)

But in 2014 it came into existence: Cryptonote, and the largest implementation of it is Monero.

So anon, why haven't you joined the Monero Masterrace yet? Remember when Bitcoin was under a buck? You know what happened next, don't you.
>>
File: moneroprice.png (92 KB, 897x658) Image search: [Google]
moneroprice.png
92 KB, 897x658
For your viewing pleasure.

You realize this thing is gonna be over $5 pretty soon, right? China hasn't even begun to discover it, and once they do...

Well, forget the moon. Prepare Uranus.
>>
>>1096006
The only thing worse than nocoiners are altcoiners.
>>
File: 1455484433023.jpg (145 KB, 800x1199) Image search: [Google]
1455484433023.jpg
145 KB, 800x1199
>>1096006
i'm hopping aboard for dumping season once my damn Kraken deposits the funds. Gonna put 80% of my disposable money into ETH, 15% into monero and 5% into ripple.
>>
File: monero special report.png (395 KB, 1324x1072) Image search: [Google]
monero special report.png
395 KB, 1324x1072
>>1096016
I would stay far away from Ripple... it is a flawed idea with no purpose by Google.

Ethereum I wrestle with. As much as I dislike it, it has definitely made some solid strides in the world of decentralized computing. Augur and other services are being created on it, and Microsoft and Szabo are backing it... but it also has a horrendous presale/IPO and some kind of upcoming Proof of Stake scheme... and we all know POS is a fun pun.

Consider upping those ratios to 0% Ripple, 50% ETH and 50% XMR.

(Disclaimer: I am an idiot and not qualified to give financial advice. Do not listen to me.)
>>
>>1096015
Truth.

>>1096011
Nice short term chart....
And it shows that the time for buying is already over.
>>
You subhumans are the Apple of the /biz/nis world.

Every fucking week its some NEW REVOLUTIONARY niggercoin thats SO MUCH BETTER than the crappy last one was even though we said that it was the best thing ever but anyway forget that one THIS is the REAL best thing ever!

Kill yourselves you poorfag shills, you will never make it.
>>
File: KfFoFoQ.jpg (34 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
KfFoFoQ.jpg
34 KB, 500x303
>>1096029
>>1096015

So you believe that Bitcoin is the final end-all of cryptocurrency? Do you believe that privacy is a good 'add-on' feature?

You're wrong. With privacy comes fungibility. Riddle me this: How could Satoshi move his coins and spend them withtou everyone freaking the fuck out? SPOILER: He can't.

Bitcoin will continue to serve a valuable function, but it is NOT going to be the currency of global civilization.
>>
File: bitcoinandmonero.png (3 MB, 869x3967) Image search: [Google]
bitcoinandmonero.png
3 MB, 869x3967
>>1096034

Well, now that you mention it...

Also, didn't Apple go on to become the most valuable company on Earth?
>>
>sold my ETH and put it into XMR and MAID when it crashed 2 days ago
>immediate red all around
>pussied out and put it back into ETH
>XMR and MAID shoot through the roof
I should just stick with my gut and not listen to my brain.
>>
>>1096102

Something I learned as a trader a long time ago anon:

You have to be willing to stomach the red for a little bit in an asset you believe in.

Monero has a long future ahead of it and may literally go to $100/each by 2018. Just be smart and put your money in an asset and wait for returns.

Don't jump around like Hammy the Squirrel looking for micro-term returns. Time is money, and let that time work for *you*.
>>
>>1096039

Ethereum is the only other altcoin which stands a chance of passing double and triple digit USD value by the end of this year. If you're going to shill anything at least shill something with a glimmer of hope.

There are almost 700 other coins out there, are you going to give each one a go at being shilled eventually?

>"not at all! THIS coin is going to make it big unlike all those other ones I shilled before"

Do you people know the story of the boy who cried 'Wolf'?

>>1096133

>as a trader

Wow kid, don't delude yourself. You're a 15 year old playing with his allowance on the Internet.
>>
>>1096006
Hello friends, don't purchase Monero or you will lose money.
>>
just purchased my first XMR, holding it long term.
>>
File: monerolegend.png (663 KB, 1380x837) Image search: [Google]
monerolegend.png
663 KB, 1380x837
>>1096223
Ignore the haters anon. You can own 1 / 10,000th of Monero's initial issue for about a grand right now. (that would be about 2000 Moneros).

If you held that until the 2020s, you would never work again.

>>1096173
This is not just some other altcoin, newfriend. This is the real deal. I understand many have become jaded over the years with Dogecoin, Pandacoin, Tacocoin, etc etc forever.... but this is an independent code base that does things that have never been done before in a cryptocurrency.
>>
bought 32 xmr with about 500 mexican pesos, this mexican peso is worth shit, has been loosing value rapidly against USD in the last few months.

I am currently holding ETH and XMR for the long term, I think I'll add to my positions every month.

What do anons think about holding long term this coins and add up to positions every now and then without worrying about timing the market? just good old buy and hold?
>>
File: bitcoinandmonero2.png (3 MB, 863x3944) Image search: [Google]
bitcoinandmonero2.png
3 MB, 863x3944
>>1096241
It's OP again; looks like everyone else is asleep.

Listen, shit is about to get really really bad for any currency that isn't the US Dollar in the next year or so. There has been a war of the currencies raging for about 12 months and it looks like the US Dollar just backdoor fucked all the others. Unfortunately, I would expect the dollar to hurt too by 2018 if serious changes aren't made soon to how they are handled.

Anyway, just take your pocket pesos and stuff away XMR every month. Like Bitcoin in 2010, just buy whatever you can afford.

You would have wished to be able to slowly acquire Bitcoin back in the early days, right? Just imagine if those 32 XMR become worth what Bitcoin is worth... you'll be in great shape.

Try to aim to own 184 Monero... that's 1 / 100,000 of the initial issue and a nice fun number to own.

Remember that like Bitcoin, these can be broken down into subunits. But they can be broken down much further - into one trillion atomic units per each Monero. There is a lot of potential growth, as Monero doesn't have the blocksize problem that plagues bitcoin.
>>
>>1096258
>BLAH BLHA BLHA BLAH BALH ETHEREIUM ETHEREUUM SHITCOIN SHITCOIN ETHEREUM
>>
>>1096258
literally all biz shills sound the same
>>
>>1096258
>lists being divisible into trillionths as a noteworthy feature

Altcoiners deserve to stay poor.
>>
No one gives a fuck about your shitcoin monero shilling, if your smart the only thing you should be investing in is ethereum
>>
File: monero fractology 2.png (370 KB, 1222x848) Image search: [Google]
monero fractology 2.png
370 KB, 1222x848
>>1096292
>>1096263

The best way to understand why this is not just some altcoin is to try to reinvent it yourself.

Bitcoin gave us decentralized digital money, and that in itself was a miracle. But Monero gives us truly private and anonymous decentralized digital money. It's difficult to overstate how big of a deal that is.

The last time we had truly private money was fucking GOLD, man. This is literally the digital equivalent of gold, and it has never existed before now (well 2014, technically). You don't think that's worth something? Fuck yeah it is; it's worth literally trillions.

But let's humor you for a tiny second: If it's not special, then it should be easy to reinvent, no? But you won't be able to. In fact, others have tried and have humiliated themselves with poor implementations and bad crypto. Dash and Shadowcoin have both been embarrassed recently for being pale imitators of the real thing.

You need to understand that just as many scoffed at the original Bitcoin, so too will many scoff at this.

But those lucky few with a sharp eye and a mind receptive to radical new tech just may become wealthy beyond their wildest dreams.
>>
File: 1453216817118.jpg (772 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1453216817118.jpg
772 KB, 5000x5000
>>1096307
>wealthy beyond their wildest dreams
>>
>>1096306

Ethereum is crashing lately. It's down 10% in the last 24 hours.

Also, it has serious unresolved issues that may affect its ability to survive long-term:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361602.0

I'm not saying it will die, but it is certainly not the messiah that everyone apparently wants it to be.
>>
>>1096329
its the only turning-complete crypto rn and thats what is going to send it to the moon not anonymity like monero, dash, dark and shit. People manage to buy drugs with bitcoin so its not a problem and ik you can build private blockchains on the private eth network which I think means private transactions making any other obsolete
>>
File: FxxXma3.png (1013 KB, 1274x879) Image search: [Google]
FxxXma3.png
1013 KB, 1274x879
>>1096345
Do you actually understand what 'turning complete' means, or are you just reciting promo points?

Also, do you see this? http://sabr.io/

As we go on, it is going to become painfully clear just how stupid leaving a public and permanent receipt for everything you buy is.
>>
>>1096006
Oh god I can't take it, can you go fuck yourself you shill fuck
>>
>>1096353
>http://sabr.io/
literally no info on here for how this works, with using btc tumblers and not being a fucking idiot + pushing alot of drug u can prob get around this
Yeah I do know what that means and once you get some good dapps going its going to be huge
Especially when a decentralized market opens up there will be no use for bitcoin anymore since bitcoin is pretty much only used for silkroad type shit and ppl are tired of all the exit scams and vending fees
>>
also coin mixer contract with transactions issued through whisper protocol = completely anonymous
https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Whisper-Overview

XMR obsolete shitcoin
>>
File: NESULIPLNEONZE.png (28 KB, 957x463) Image search: [Google]
NESULIPLNEONZE.png
28 KB, 957x463
Courtesy of /x/.
>>
>>1096232

>This is not just some other altcoin, newfriend. This is the real deal

Have you no shame at all? Not a shred? How many more times will you say that about new bubblecoins? As I said previously, there are close to 700 in existence right now.

>>1096292

You're right but in the wrong way, its not 'shills', its 'shill'. This is one very desperate and poor NEET. He practically bragged about shilling all over the internet for about 14 hours a day a couple weeks ago. He got BTFO'd some other thread a few days ago and shut up for a bit about some other sort of shitcoin.

>>1096345

Don't bother debating him, he's not anything close to a techie, he's only grasped enough of each concept enough to try to shill it.

Its either Bitcoin or ETH, everything else is an irrelevant pump n dump. Hopefully his mother bans him from using the computer and stops giving him allowances. How much of a fucking NEET poorfag must one be to be on here shilling every waking minute? Invest for yourself if you believe it'll make you money, oh that's right no, because you don't, due to the fact its a pump n dump then onto the next coin.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 599x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 599x448
ETH is the only coin with a realistic prospect of overtaking BTC.

Probably be over a billion market cap in a few months with china beginning to wake up and buy.

A couple of good dapps on the mist browser at homestead release could be enough to push it to 10 + billion over the medium term (1.5-2 years)
>>
>>1096421

I used to shit on ETH shills all the time, but at the same time I always found it interesting and pioneering. The best thing about it is the openness and publicity they have, it gives more trust and accountability.

The Chinese can't even buy it on their exchanges yet, they don't want to use outside exchanges either. When they get access to it you can guarantee the price will rocket, they've got tonnes of cash to blow and they're into shit like this. The biggest Bitcoin mining operation was there after all a few years ago.
>>
Stepped out of eth into monero. Eth's fast rise is not sustainable since there is no real world use case yet, just speculation.
Not sure about monero longterm, but I think xmr will pump some more, rdy for some sweet gains.
>>
>>1096307
you know what I actually dont give a fuck im just going to gamble, where do I buy monero? If its not easy to buy then I dont see how this is worth the time if I have to buy btc then convert that bullshit into monero only to convert it back into btc then get fiat $ back
>>
>>1096491
Buy btc, install monero, shapeshift.io

Other option is join one of the exchanges listing xmr, see coinmarketcap
>>
>>1096491
Moneros market cap is tiny so it's perfect for pumping and dumping. Don't be fooled. ETH reignited the altcoin game for a while, but it will suck all the oxygen out of the room when it takes off again.

Bye bye shitcoins
>>
>>1096039
>monero is the nigger
Thought so.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHlIKf7bHFg

a new interesting dapp for ethereum.
>>
File: monerobitcoin.png (33 KB, 1002x396) Image search: [Google]
monerobitcoin.png
33 KB, 1002x396
>>1096491

Poloniex. It has the best liquidity, and is a US based KYC exchange.

All the Ethershills can't stand that there is another currency that will likely hog the spotlight with them.

I'm not saying Ethereum cannot work, but it isn't even in competition with Monero. XMR isn't trying to be a useful resource; it is trying to be a perfectly anonymous and fungible currency.

In fact, from an economics standpoint it isn't good for currency to have major utility; one of the defining characteristics of good money is that its best function is that of *just* money.

That's why bullets or water don't make good currency - there is a primitive and easy use for them that supersedes their ability to be a unit of account.

Ethereum will be the same. Can it succeed? Perhaps. But it won't ever be a global currency; perhaps a commodity.

In the world of finance, Bitcoin is the public ledger of our species and Monero is the private one.
>>
add me on skype to join a veteran crypto trading chat. hurry before you baghold shitcoins forever

hf_fwiw
>>
>>1096502

lol Ethereum, created by a 19 year old idiot savant. Please.
>>
>>1096431

Openness and publicity? They promised accounting transparency and then only decided to be transparent over a year later when they were nearly out of money.

If you want transparency here you go:
https://getmonero.org/2015/01/05/monero-missive-2014-year-in-review.html
https://getmonero.org/2016/02/10/monero-missive-2015-year-in-review.html
>>
>>1096421
When choosing between bitcoin and ethereum, think about whose model you support... A visible underfed russian autistic savant programmer, or a mysterious legendary invisible japanese unknown programmer.
>>
File: moneyneverends2.png (1 MB, 907x1335) Image search: [Google]
moneyneverends2.png
1 MB, 907x1335
>>1096720

I do remember them saying they were broke and it is 'up to the community now'. That sounds pretty shifty.

On the other hand, like I've said: they are different projects with different aims. Ethereum is aiming to be a useful computing resource. Unfortunately, useful resources (and we are giving ETH the benefit of the doubt that it is actually useful) don't make for good units of account.

There is a future where ETH fails and XMR succeeds wildly. There is also an alternate future where ETH succeeds wildly and XMR succeeds wildly.

Both are possible.
>>
>>1096764

Dude, do you really think Bitcoin was funded by some corporation like Microsoft (which funds ethereum)? Fuck no, the devs built it on their own time and was also funded by the community.

Any crypto that has a major backing by some large entity is way more "shifty" to me.. That just means there is some incentive behind it to make a profit, rather than a community coming together to reach a common goal... which is private, fungible, cash.
>>
>>1096785
Agreed absolutely.

The entire point of cryptocurrency and blockchains was to have a movement/commodity/resource/currency spring from nothing.

Any corporate ownership, or pre-sale/IPO stuff only dilutes this concept. If your project is truly world-changing and worth the time to pursue, you don't NEED a pre-sale.

Even if there were corporate backing, a corporation (or bank) could make tons of money just funding development out of pocket and buying the tokens at market value. See? No IPO shenanigans needed, and huge value could be created.

That model is very likely the future of e-commerce.
>>
File: silvercert.jpg (397 KB, 1910x855) Image search: [Google]
silvercert.jpg
397 KB, 1910x855
Also, when I made this topic the price had shockingly hit 80 cents. But now it looks like we are finally flirting with true dollar parity!

Happy dollar parity to Monero (XMR). Hopefully there is a lot more to come. The price has been on an epic bull run the past week.

Pictured: a silver certificate; the last time we had actual money in society - not frivolous oil notes.
>>
>>1096802

Honestly, I wish I can have more time to save an accumulate income so I can buy more XMR... I wish a bear market will come in right now so I can get more bang for my satoshi.
>>
>>1096808

I think the bear market has been in for long enough. Remember when XMR was 35 cents and it felt like it would never move.... well, that's what it feels like.

It's only in retrospect that we can confidently say, 'shit - that was my chance!!!' You only get one, so try to recognize it when it's happening.

The good news is even pocket change might go gangbusters if Monero goes as far as I think. 100 Monero is like, what, a hundred bucks? Wouldn't it be nice to own 100 Bitcoins now - much less a decade from now?
>>
>>1096329
> In order to even think about touching Ethereum, you're basically required to ask yourself, is Vitalik an order of magnitude smarter than Satoshi?

Yes
>>
>>1096734
>japanese
>not Hungarian
>>
>>1097221

Is Justin Beiber an order of magnitude more talented than Johnny Cash?

That's what you sound like.
>>
>>1096699
So do I make an account and loan money into my account with paypal which is where I can exchange all the altcoins? Is it for US only?

I live in NZ so trading back and forth with btc is really troublesome since there is hardly any demand for btc since we have to meet up IRL to exchange btc
>>
>>1097309
Ahh, no. Sadly you need Bitcoins to exchange on Poloniex. There is no fiat on-ramp that I'm aware of at the moment For Polo.

It looks like it's not easy (as you said) to acquire them in Austrailia. :( Sorry friend; your country is unreasonably hostile to crypto, and you are suffering for it.

Go the local bitcoins route and try to make it happen. Or get on some trading forums and offer an above-market value for Bitcoins via Pay-Pal. Good luck.
>>
>>1097309
Can you use CoinJar in nz? It's what I use in aus and has the best rates even compared to AUD exchanges most of the time. You need ID verification for serious amounts which is lame and takes some time as well. Good reason to get some xmr as well. It definitely makes me uncomfortable that every bitcoin I own has full on id linked to it.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.