[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
babby's first second job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1420947309780.jpg (21 KB, 598x383) Image search: [Google]
1420947309780.jpg
21 KB, 598x383
Looking for guidance here, this is through an effort to drastically increase my income in order to remove debnts.

I'm already employed in a substitute temp position ($14.60/hr) with one company that I like and want to move up in, but there is only one more (permanent, full-time) tier to move up into ($16.40) before I've exhausted what my bachelor's can do for me. The hours that currently I pick up are depressingly sporadic though, mostly weekends that no one wants. The hope is that some point they'll put a notice for an opening for the $16.40 one and I'll have a foot in the door compared to most other competition.

I'm awaiting results from an interview for a second job that I totally nailed, which is full time but also temp, no benefits. Whether it will lead into something at a higher pay grade is undetermined, but they will start me at M-F 9-5 full time at $12.20. I've heard they are a good company to get into once they place you, and it is the largest employer in this side of the state.

I guess my question is, based on the information I've provided, can I keep up this amount of work? Am I being a baby for thinking it might be scary to work 9-5 Monday through Friday as well as weekends at the other place? Which company do you think I should stick it out with should I have to choose between one or the other?
>>
I say go for doing both, with the full knowledge that you will quit whichever one feels shittiest when/if you can't take it anymore.

This approach allows you to maximize profits and get a feel for which job would be better for you. The other advantage is it gives you a mental escape hatch which I find works wonders for your productivity and happiness at a job - if you go into work every day thinking "if I really dislike something systemic about this job, I can just quit it and I'll be fine" - you will approach that job with a much more no fucks given attitude, which at least for me encourages me to stick my neck out and get noticed.
>>
>>1095863
It's quite simple. First, decide which job you value more. Then take on both jobs. Make sure to put 100% into the one that you value more and try to keep the second one afloat. If it turns out too tough or if you fuck up then sacrifice the second job and move on.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.