[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question that doesn't deserve its own thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: kewl.jpg (59 KB, 659x471) Image search: [Google]
kewl.jpg
59 KB, 659x471
Question that doesn't deserve its own thread.
>>
Can people nowadays still make money from making a website with godaddy or shopify offering cheaper options?
>>
>>1095224
Lotta considerations.

You can export labor to cheaper countries, but it means more liability and less reliability, and you have competition doing that.
>>
I make 10 dollars an hour. Can I afford a 60,000 dollar condo if I have a 10,000$ down payment?
>>
There are often threads here that go into meatier detail of ETFs and the like, showing that some people on /biz/ really know their stuff.

I'm completely new to this. Raised by a single mother, never told me anything about money but to save some in a bank. We were always far under the poverty line, often shacking up in other people's homes. I'm that new to money. Where would a beginner like me go outside of this board to really learn the most valuable starter info?
>>
>>1095710
Also my credit score is 714
>>
3 Questions
Does anyone think Samsung will do a stock split soon?
Opinions on aeropostle stock, do you think it will rise soon? I'm fairly certain it's bottomed out now.
What website and app does everyone use to buy and sell stocks on their own?
>>
Should I get an associates in computer engineering technology and go to school for two years with almost no debt? Or should I get a bachelor's in geography (and maybe a minor in history, political science or anthropology) and go to school for four years with considerably more debt?

Which degree is worth more?
>>
>>1095732
get an associates in computer engineering technology, seriously though do what you find more interesting
>>
For my first task for this internship at an asset management company they're having me go to 25 people i know (friends, family) and have them do a survey which takes roughly 10-15 minutes.

The problem is i don't have friends or family aside from my mother and father, the rest are hours out of the way and my only choice are my neighbors.

Who should I interview?
>>
>>1095721
>Where would a beginner like me go outside of this board to really learn the most valuable starter info?
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started
>>
>>1095710
Find someone that will give you a loan for 50k. Most banks want you to show at least 2 years of working at the same job/ field.
>>
>>1095222
come ask us questions
https://discord.gg/0nrqLTOvEU1roX2K

>>1095710
yes... what city btw?

>>1095732
nice bait faggot

>>1095810
they are asking you to do unpaid homework? imo unless they are going to mark down hours in return for completed surveys just fake this shit you dumb nigger.
>>
>>1095732
Why not get a bachelors degree in computer engineering?

Am I being baited?
>>
I'm a junior at a private college and i'm majoring in Finance. My grades up to this point have been decent (3.4ish) and this semester, since i'm finally in all finance classes, i'm rolling with a 3.85.

Question: How difficult will it be for me to jump right into a finance career, specifically investment banking?

I would take any job in finance, but being an investment banker would definitely be my dream job (or so i think as a young 21 year old)
>>
>>1095819

I don't have the job yet but I should be getting it, the whole point is to get yourself familiar with selling to people and being around them, there's a possibility they contact the people you reach out to i'm not positive but ya worst case I can fake a few. Thanks.
>>
I want to max out my roth ira for the next three years with the cash I have in my savings. Should I tie it up in 1, 2, and 3 year CDs to play it safe?
>>
>>1095810
I'll do it.
>>
>>1095222

Is 2x times the cost of whatever lifestyle I lead enough money to support that lifestyle indefinitely?
>>
I want to be an accountant but almost everyone says that it's hell, doing the same shit 9-5, even though it seems like a stable job to me.

I have experience doing data entry and reviewing what the company I worked for spent every month.

My questions are:
Is accounting really that awful of a career choice?
Is my data entry experience sort-of a foot in the door to the world of accounting?
>>
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a finance degree over an International Relation degree?
>>
How many Yuropoors does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
>>
>>1095968
Trick question. The U.S. has to come do it for them
>>
>>1095929
No ots like 24 or 25x. 4% drawdown rate and an extra 3% for inflation with an average market return of about 7%

Google "early retirement extreme"
>>
Is there any advantage for holding broad market small, mid and large cap etf versus just having a large and small cap? The midcap seems like isn't really doing anything not already covered by a large and small cap pair
>>
File: boar.jpg (52 KB, 980x605) Image search: [Google]
boar.jpg
52 KB, 980x605
If I understand alpha correctly, it's the difference in performance of an equity relative to a benchmark.

If that's correct, how can an index fund have a different alpha than it's correlated index?

Example: SCHX has beta of 1.00 which makes sense but alpha of -0.37
>>
>>1095710
Get a loan from someone to buy a duplex.

Get a property management company to manage the empty unit. Their rent should probably cover like 80-100% of the total mortgage of the property if your down payment is high enough.

Go into a bank and see what kind of loan they will approve you for, and you'll also get a good idea of what kind of payments are required for homes of different prices.
>>
>>1095915
how big is your IRA right now?
>>
>>1096103
>Is there any advantage for holding broad market small, mid and large cap etf versus just having a large and small cap?
Mid-caps are a unique asset class, though admittedly strongly correlated with small-caps. In my own portfolio, mid-caps have outperformed small-caps by a small but statistically significant margin (and large-caps by a large margin). It's also less volatile than small-caps and more tax-efficient (though more volatile and less tax-efficient than large-caps).

Personally, I think it's unique enough to merit its own holding, but I see the other side of the argument.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (126 KB, 1082x454) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
126 KB, 1082x454
>>1096662
>Example: SCHX has beta of 1.00 which makes sense but alpha of -0.37
That particular index fund has done a uniformly poor job of keeping up the index.

It underperforms the index year after year, hence the lower alpha.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pm?s=SCHX+Performance

And it underperforms consistently by about the same amount every year (0.5-0.6%). So while its curve very closely matches the curve of the index (beta=1.00), the fund is consistently lower by about the same amount (hence the negative alpha).
>>
whats a good subject for an academic report in an eCommerce class?
>>
I just made about 4.3k on a sale of TVIX, but it's in my Roth IRA, which is a 3-fund simple portfolio.

I was wondering if it'd be smarter to hold cash and wait for the turbulence of the market to be over, or to reinvest into the three-funds now. Or maybe buy an all new fund!

tl;dr I got 4.3k to spend in retirement account, don't know what to do with it.
>>
Would eurofags buy brazilian rum for 5x the price if I sold them as "exotic beverage"?
>>
I'm a British employee, and I have this written in my contract:

>You shall not work for anyone else while you are employed by the Employer, without express prior consent.

Would that include freelancing, or running your own business?
>>
Best retail broker in the UK?
>>
File: question american bear.jpg (89 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
question american bear.jpg
89 KB, 853x543
I want to invest in space companies, but it seems like all the major ones are not publicly traded.

How can I profit from this industry?
>>
>>1097049

all depends on which brand of lube the lawyers pick to fuck you in the ass with bruv
>>
>>1095955
the golden rule of college is that it all depends on the contacts you've made on your student years, if you have that even with a STEM degree you will be able to make the ends meet.
>>
What do you guys think about affiliation programs such as amazon's. Is it possible to make a living out of them?

Also what happened to /biz/? it used to have a daily if not weekly threads about blog monetization and making profits from instagram followers.
>>
>>1097715

Yes

But if you have to ask, you're defiantly not cut out for it.
>>
>>1097720
You're defiantly a retard
>>
File: 5UWrbLz.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
5UWrbLz.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
So, I'm 19 and having a job interview with Best Buy, so business casual. I've got no money for another pair of shoes, what I do have are a pair of grey converses that are in pretty much new condition , black wingtips (of which only go with a suit), and dark leather, minimalist looking work boots.
The rest of my outfit would consist of a pair of nice khakis and either a blue or grey polo, or a white dress shirt with possibly a grey pull over cardigan sweater.
How fucked am I?
>>
File: 7sDaEVr.jpg (145 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
7sDaEVr.jpg
145 KB, 640x1136
Maybe I shouldn't ask this, but should you focus on money/wealth before even trying to get a girl that looks similar to this ?

Do you need to get fit (maybe a bit muscular) ?
>>
Thinking of studying either marketing or business management in Lithuania. They take in anybody and cost pennies for education if you don't get it for free. What I'm concerned is if anybody outside of Lithuania would hire me, considering how small and unknown country it is.
>>
>>1097853
Why not get fit and rich at the same time?
>>
>>1097876
I thought it was smarter to only focus on getting rich, because women tend to like/want wealthy guys (ugly or handsome).
>>
>>1097853
Improving your dick sucking technique >>>/b/
>>
>>1097853
>>1097853
money/wealth if you want hookers

not be a manlet, autist, uggo, or poor if you want her

be fit, have a good face, and be personable if you actually want her to like you

desu you're never going to make it if you just want to do it for grills
>>
how do I not feel bad about leaving my job if I have to?
Yes I'm a pussycuck and the job isn't even that great, I just like the fact I'm given somewhat autonomy over my own project
>>
>>1097754
Probably not that fucked. I wore a cardigan to my job fair and it was actually an upgrade above wearing the typical button down dress shirt alone.
>>
>>1095942
1- not accounting, but if you can take that and get either something like a cpa, cfa, or a tech-based masters I was told by people i work with thats the route to go with
2- I do back office stuff for the bank of new york mellon, was hired as a data entry temp 1 year out of college without an interview just bc I have an impressive resume, and was desperate.

I got hired as a full employee in 4 months, and now am looking for my way out, I work with people who are content doing the same thing every day, and only make 48k a year after being there 20/5 years- they may have a pension, and have families to raise, but screw that if the temp I replaced was borderline retarded and made $19 an hr

Temp agencies, if you're an good goy, can be a good tool to get the foot in the door once your boss realizes you're not braindead. since I never would have got this position had I applied through the normal portal.
>>
>>1098843
What do you mean?
If you HAVE to leave then just do it. Are you saying you feel bad for the people who hired you?
>>
Easiest way to BTFO everyone in capsim early on? From what I can tell in practice rounds, it seems you want to focus a lot in marketing and make incremental adjustments in R&D so your products aren't too obsolete once the market starts shaping out. I've gotten advice to take out a long term debt the first round, but the effect seems to be kinda negligible overall.
>>
Im going to a b school. I love finance 10x as much as neurosurgery but the m.d. internships at this school are actually great, whereas the finance internships here are national ontern sweatshop agencies.

What choose? If i go m.d. i could still just pirate the cfa and other textbooks.
>>
>>1097853
You need to not be a shitter to get girls. I am a neet and I know how to get them. If you have to think that hard about it you are a noob.
>>
What's a good place to move up to from supermarket department management? I was thinking maybe applying to manage a McDonalds after a few years experience but not too sure
>>
>>1097065
Kek
>>
Is there a pastebin or other collection of stuff with basic info on investment and the stock market?
>>
This is a really retarded question but I need to ask it anyway.

Can you only sell a stock at a given price if someone else has put out an offer to buy it at that same exact price?

Is there a place to see all available offers and/or sales of a current stock?
>>
File: 1332215017004.jpg (16 KB, 168x170) Image search: [Google]
1332215017004.jpg
16 KB, 168x170
I don't know how money and shit works. An internet guy Peter Schiff said I should buy mad gold and silver for when the paper money goes away.

Is this a good idea? Does he mean buy gold stocks or something, or real physical gold? I feel like if the economy fell down then stuff like stocks wouldn't be very reliable and I should have real golds.
>>
Do you guys have subscription box business in your country or is it just famous in USA?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.