[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have.
If you are that person, post your simple/small/stupid questions here

Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.

If you see other anons posting questions outside this thread, ignore or redirect them here
Use >>>/biz/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread

Naturally, I'll go first. Out of Mint, nYNAB and mvelopes, which is the best to use. been looking to YNAB but want something as automated as possible and track pending transactions.
>>
So I current have a Credit Card with $1121 being used and my credit limit is $1100 so I am over. I have an installment loan in which I owe $2770 to which I pay $200 a month but would like to pay it off sooner. I have a 401(k) Retirement Account with about $5000 in it so far (I am 22). I am able to take out a $1500 loan from my 401(k). I am thinking of doing this and paying off the Credit Debt and possibly pay off Installment Loan sooner but I wanted the advise of the general public before I go on with this.
>>
Is that bra too small for those tits?
>>
>>1095225
You are withholding too much every check for your 401k.

Change the withholding % and borrow the 1500 to pay it back then pay the 1500 back next month
>>
>>1095240
And I the reason you are withholding too much is because you don't have any funds saved as emergency to pay ur cc debt.
>>
I have a few gold related questions:
>hypothetically, what would have to happen to the world for the price of gold to go down the toilet? Aside from finding massive deposits, and fucking with supply and demand. I'm more interested in the economical aspect.
>I have enough money to buy 1 oz of gold. Do I buy a random 1 oz coin with no collector value, like a maple leaf, or a 1 oz bar struck by the Royal Canadian mint with assay? What will be easier to sell?
>If SHTF, who will buy my gold?
>>
>>1095160
Who is that mammary momma?
>>
Does my credit score go up when I hit credit on the terminal using a debit card?
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 649x649
>>1095314
Yes, it reports to all 3 credit bureaus
>>
>>1095233
I hate it when bitches do that. Makes those titties look fat and not in the perky kinda way.
>>
Where should I turn to get an eBook peered?
>>
>>1095160
how are bid/ask spreads created and decided? i mean when i buy a stock at market price through my stock broker, it's purchased at market price. somewhere along the line a computer creates a bid-ask spread and matches bidders to sellers. how exactly is this bid-ask spread calculated, and who generates it?
>>
This question regards sourcing shit from china.

For britbongs only

Have you had any issues with getting lasers from aliexpress? customer service lies and states it is a customs issue so they disabled selling to the uk, or it is an legal issue and blocked it.

Previous support plebs told me it was a bug from the website overhaul.

I think I've been lied to and aliexpress is covering their arses for 'missing' packages.

Apparently you can no longer buy lasers from the 29 of December just gone by. Now I'm sitting here looking at ebay and their extortionate prices.
>>
is obamacare any good?
>>
>>1095530

Only if you care enough
>>
>>1095160
What is the sauce, my anon friend?
>>
>>1095264
Gold is tied to the markets, generally the worse the economy the better gold with perform.
Don't actually buy an ounce of gold, there is no fucking point, its useless shiny metal, if SHTF noone will give a fuck.
If you want to trade in gold, look towards ETFs like NUGT.
>>
So, I was going to sell something for $29. It was already a hefty profit margin, but I asked a bit around what people would be willing to pay for it in person, $50 was a common answer.

Should I try to sell it for $50 price, and then reduce it if it dosen't work out?
>>
>>1095585
Is it a product that you're manufacturing?
Because if you can undercut the local price and still sell for a decent margin, there is no reason not to. Better to take market share if you can.
>>
>>1095586
It is one-of-a-kind but I still outsource manufacturing.

It is something you drink. While there are similar products, mine is the only one that is natural, free of additives, no artificial ingredients, and produced in an environmentally friendly way.
>>
>>1095590
Yeah, I mean you want to hit a price point that maximizes profit and market share. If they're selling at 50 and you're still making a hefty profit margin at 29 you should sell at 29 and take market share and force them down to an equilibrium.
>>
>>1095570
>>1095264
Interests rates also have a huge influence. The current gold price surge was caused by Japan and Switzerland negative interest rates and the fear that the FED will have to keep theirs low for longer they said they would.

In a deflation scenario, gold is the safest hold you can get. I refuse to say it is an investment because the value is not supposed to increase. It is either a speculative hold or a run to safety
>>
I have a question:

Who is the woman keeping the boobs alive?
>>
>>1095474
Bid ask spreads are the values that you must match to sell or buy. If you pay an ask price, the transaction will be completed and the ask price will change to the second lowest person who has a sell order. The same happens with bid.

In short, it is the price people who have not made deals yet are asking/offering.
>>
>>1095591
I don't know if troll but this is actually the dumbest advice I've seen
>>
>>1095623
Nigga its basic economics.
They're selling at an inefficient price point.
>>
should i do my own taxes?
how can i do that
>>
>>1095636
What you are doing is like trying to apply the pythagoras formula to calculate the area of a circle.

The concept per se is not wrong. It is you.
>>
1. What is the best prepaid card to use?

2.What is the best credit card to use

3.What is the best bank to use?
>>
File: 2016-02-16_0334.png (31 KB, 432x522) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-16_0334.png
31 KB, 432x522
Why hasn't my bank billed me monthly? Is it because I keep throwing money at my loan? Also, what's "payoff" and is it related? Thanks.
>>
How do I become a millionaire?
>>
File: tumblr_limkux2u0I1qefm89o1_500.jpg (96 KB, 427x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_limkux2u0I1qefm89o1_500.jpg
96 KB, 427x700
>>1095160
what are my odds of getting a personal line of credit in the amount of 4500-7500 USD given the following info:

>credit score between 752-782
>no debt at all
>no loans taken out
>12.5 year credit history
>no derogatory marks against me at all
>1 credit account with a 5700 USD limit
>have never made a late payment
>spotless criminal history (not even a single minor infraction)
>self employed

pic unrelated but meant to grab your attention
>>
>>1096397
Very good odds.
>>
>>1096249

Multiple streams of income with a high savings rate is the easiest.
>>
>>1095160
Depends on what you are trying to do. If you can actually manage your own money, go with Mint for tracking your accounts. YNAB is for people that can't seriously budget to save their lives.

>>1095314
No. It's a debit card, not a credit card.

>>1095585
Yes. Things are only worth what people are willing to pay, and if someone is willing to pay $50 then it's worth $50.

>>1095636
Just get a copy of TaxCut or something like that. If your taxes are easy enough, you can file online for free at https://www.irs.gov/uac/Free-File%3A-Do-Your-Federal-Taxes-for-Free
>>
What website should I be buying my cryptocurrencies from and why?
>>
What UK broker is best? I've looked into iDealing and degiro, they just look to go to be true.
>>
File: tumblr_ldhip2vye21qcy4rxo1_400.jpg (62 KB, 285x380) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ldhip2vye21qcy4rxo1_400.jpg
62 KB, 285x380
>>1096547
thanks breh. do you know of any chains that are particularly favorable to me given those standards? or anything else about the process that can help me out?

another attention grabber, anyone can feel free to give input on my original question as well:

>>1096397
>>
Should I study actuarial mathematics to become an actuary or accounting to become an accountant?
>>
How hard is registering a company in the UK?

Is it possible to register a company that doesn't actually engage in any activity whatsoever?

Are there any tax-effects or unexpected disadvantages, etc, to ownership of a company that doesn't engage in any activity that would be damaging to my interests?

I'd quite like to register a company just to state I own one (and maybe can issue [valueless] shares in one privately), but only if it has no effect beyond letting me play with it. (I don't necessarily oppose sending HMRC a letter saying 'We didn't do anything' every year, but if it legally counts as employment and would stop me going on the dole or anything that might be a problem.)

[yes, I posted this before but I've edited it because some cursory looking around reminded me PLC's are one of the more strictly treated kinds of companies. (can you tell I have no idea what I'm talking about!?) I don't specifically care what type of company I can register, so long as I can do it cheap and don't have to actually take on any additional responsibilities.]
>>
>>1095530
I have less coverage now and pay more for it. It's pretty nice
>>
>Work is changing pension providers
>Can continue paying in contribution or switch to Salary Exchange

Do I switch to salary exchange or keep the current contribution plan I'm on?
>>
I'm using the thinkorSwim app for phone, learning using paper account. How do I search for stocks?
>>
>>1097461
maybe, if the course gives you some exemptions

but if you're unsure what you want to do then perhaps better to study a regular subject like mathematics etc..
>>
I have a last tuition payment of $500 due next month, March 20. I'll likely be able to get $300. What options do I have to try and get the last $200?

I'm thinking of a private student loan, but those are min $1000 at least with wells fargo i believe. Or maybe putting it on a credit card? I've never used a credit card so I don't know much about that. Something else maybe? Any tips?
>>
>>1099166
>take out a zero annual fee, no interest for X amount of months credit card
>pay off the extra using this card
>make the minimum amount of payments every month until it's paid off

nice and simple breh.

bumping for great justice and more responses to my question:

>>1096397
>>
>>1098245
finviz
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.