[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any business majors here? What language class should I take up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: 1452654199877.jpg (171 KB, 1180x787) Image search: [Google]
1452654199877.jpg
171 KB, 1180x787
Any business majors here? What language class should I take up that would make me attractive to hire for big banks?
>>
mandarin
>>
File: 1455125016118.jpg (41 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
1455125016118.jpg
41 KB, 560x375
>>1095028
Python...
>>
File: jej.png (169 KB, 506x556) Image search: [Google]
jej.png
169 KB, 506x556
>>1096010
>>
>>1095043
only right answer
>>
>>1095028

Become a trans-hispanic genderfluid femmebutch zucchini spirit bi-souled octopus kin and they'll be guaranteed to hire you to fill their mentally insane employee quota.
>>
>>1095028

> banking and finance

German all day. And Swiss German if you can learn that.

Don't listen to the guys saying mandarin.

I wish I had learned German in college.
>>
>>1096047
I second this
>>
File: mixed race flowchart.jpg (129 KB, 696x546) Image search: [Google]
mixed race flowchart.jpg
129 KB, 696x546
>>1096038
>>
>>1095028
Just take Spanish kiddo

You'll be an international business leader in no time

Don't forget to be yourself

And follow your dreams :^)
>>
>>1096151
i know for a fact that this wasnt made on /pol/
>>
>>1096047
>>1096504
I live in Argentina and I've just passed the FCE with a C1 level (Advanced). Is German the next language I should study?
>>
>>1096864
I'm definitely not into Mandarin, but I don't want to make the wrong decision
>>
>>1096010
>doing kids' stuff
>not being the hardcore guys doing crazy shit to the metal with C++
>>
I work in a bank. Mandarin is a meme unless you are going to work in Asia and not in Japan or Singapore.

Learn Spanish. It is by far the most used language in banking over the word outside English. French is irrelevant unless you work in a French bank (lmao) and all Germans speak English and won't give a shit that you speak German. Same a Swiss people.
>>
>>1097206
And after English and Spanish what do you suggest? I'm not planning to work in Asia.
>>
>>1097382
I suggest you study something else instead of wasting your time with shit that you won't use.
>>
>>1095028
spanish
>>
>>1096864

I would go German all the way. If you can get some kind of internship in Germany or Switzerland your future could be filled with money.
>>
File: c++ in a nutshell.png (72 KB, 1016x98) Image search: [Google]
c++ in a nutshell.png
72 KB, 1016x98
>>1097093
>C++
Not even once.
>>
>>1097566
>std:: 9 separate times
>typename ... instead of an actual name to give any hint what it may represent
>probably missing 3 other issues that could clean this up

Wow, this is abhorrent community college sophomore CS-kid tier code.
>>
Spanish or German

If you want to go to Asia because you have yellow fever then learn Korean, Mandarin or Japanese. Japan is dying though so probably shouldn't do that.
>>
File: wall-street-douglas.jpg (45 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
wall-street-douglas.jpg
45 KB, 612x380
As someone who's interning at goldman sachs it doesn't matter which language as long as it's globally relevant and you are perfectly fluent at it at a high level.

Relevant languages: german french mandarin russian japanese

Spanish, italian, korean, portuguese are second tier and anything else is worthless.
>>
Seriously, Japanese.
No one knows Japanese anymore, After the 80s people dropped it, but more often than not, Japanese people have poor command of English and many Japanese will go to a Japanese university. A lot of foreign companies want foreigners in Japan as well, due to these skill shortages.

People have started learning mandarin thinking it would help them get ahead of the game. But that ships already sailed and if you were really smart you would be learning Vietnamese, Hindi, Arabic.

Why would I hire some American boipussy that thinks he can speak Mandarin, when i can hire one of the thousands of actual Chinese students that probably understands Mandarin, Canton and has decent command of English and fills my diversity quota.

Toyko is still a centre of international commerce and if you look at the job descriptions for some of these companies, Japanese is often always cited as highly preferred. This is especially true for European firms.

Both Mandarin and Japanese are hard languages and make you look smart. Spanish and Portuguese are easier, but will be increasingly more demanded and if you're from the US will help you out in other career paths.

Any language will make you more employable but the trick is finding a niche. So look ahead at new markets, but also some that have been forgotten. Carve yourself a niche.

I wouldnt learn French/ German unless you were European, 90% of the time the people you will be dealing with will have near perfect command of English. Take up coding instead.
>>
>>1096151
>Blackasian

WTF. It is blasian.
>>
Complete retard here. Is there a difference between business and business management courses?
>>
>>1095028
Chinese/Japanese.
Japanese because yen is still being traded a lot. Its standard for FOREX.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.