[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HSBC employee for 2 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 538x538) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 538x538
Ask somebody who has been working in retail banking at HSBC for 2 years anything
>>
Tell me about your Bar Mitzvah
>>
>>1094682
What university did you go to? What do you do mainly?
>>
>>1094683
Im not a jew, i have spanish roots

>>1094684
I went to a public university, basically im trying to push products on customers, credit cards, insurence, any kind of credit
>>
>>1094685
And all that in the less ethic way tho
>>
>>1094685
What's your annual compnsation? Is it performance based? Where are you based?
>>
>>1094682
>retail banking
so you're a teller?

why the fuck are you doing an AMA nobody wants your job
>>
>>1094685
Do you guys shill on public websites trying to convince people credit cards aren't a terrible idea?
>>
>>1094688
Almost 10K plus bonus, we recive a bonus every 3 months wich can increase up to 6K more.

To be honest is very difficult to reach all the sales goals to get the extra bonus and is very discretional based on my behaviour and sales quality, thats why we try to push every single product on every customer we see

Im based in latin america
>>
>>1094698
He's a salesperson.
>>
>>1094698
Yes, im a teller and in HSBC you need a college degree to be one. Is pretty stupid and lame because you just need to be very persuasive on people.

>>1094701
Not really, just at work every time and on every one. Credit cards and insurence is what pay the most part of my bonus so thats why everybody try to sell it
>>
>>1094682
why is my branch full of chink qts?
>>
>>1094682
Bank run when?
>>
>>1094682
how hard is it to open an oversea account at HSBC?
>>
>>1094810
Pretty easy BUT it can be pretty easy to block it because our money laundry policy is ridiculous
>>
>>1095012
When are you going to buy ETH?
>>
>>1095012
Im not from the US. So if I travel to Australia or Singapore to open an offshore account with HSBC, which docs should I bring?
>>
>>1094682

>tfw worked on back office regulatory reporting at HSBC for a few years

HSBC is the most bloated company I've ever worked for in my entire life. For every one actual job there are something like 4 or 5 employees.

It's frightening how badly that place is run in a systemic sense. No one talks to one another, they're all doing their own things. Can't say too much else because of NDAs, but holy shit I have no idea how the bank functions. It's held together by duct tape.

>>1094810

Don't do it, they block your money at the slightest hint of money laundering, which in HSBC terms means 'spending money on things'. Get an account with a Chinese bank, they're WAY more flexible when it comes to sending/receiving money and they cost less.
>>
>>1094772
You lucky bugger.
>>
>>1095012
>>1095040
>our money laundry is ridiculous
Yeah, right. Probably the shaddiest global banks in the world when it comes to money laundering, that's it keeps doing it and keeps getting caught.
>>
You think there is any way for you to progress and leave the actual branch and jump into the financial banking district in one of HSBCs many tall luxurious buildings?
>>
>>1095993
Theres a huge change to get there, only thing you must do is sell every product in a very insane way or be a star at one single product like insurence for exaple.
>>
>>1095012
>Pretty easy BUT it can be pretty easy to block it because our money laundry policy is ridiculous
I really hope you were making a funny
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-hsbc-probe-idUSBRE8BA05M20121211
>>
>>1094682
Do you seriously think we care about what some fucking third world spic bank teller has to say?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.