[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sick of being dependent, IT business plan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
I'd like to brainstorm with some anons...
19 with GED(within the top 15% in all subjects and top 1% in writing, achieved at age 16)
Some college (parents income left me with no financial aid, could not afford class and work full time)
Basically I have jumped jobs every 3-4 months for a few years, always full time, always in the range of 12-18/h, including flat rate positions. I have experience in bicycles, motorcycle and engine mechanic work, and on the side I have experience with various projects using Linux server side applications and dedicated servers(including physical networking and setup of said servers)

Long story short, I'm tired of jumping jobs or not making enough cash, I am considering making my own managed server hosting company. I would remotely manage and settup software on server for said clients based on contract set pricing with a term, using Ovh.com or subsidiaries servers.)

With this plan I can manage the servers from home, work fewer hours with literally 0 cost to me, and make a decent paycheck if I have contracted customers with set terms. This enables me to pursue my hobbies, work in comfort with my own time, and move anywhere I want if business and finances permits... I am not a monetary person, I need a motorcycle and a bicycle, and a place to sleep and I'm happy anywhere I go.

Pick at my plan and ask details, I would like to hear any and all suggestion towards putting this plan into action or another plan that may lead me to independence.
>>
Alittle more info from Op,
I'm not opposed to living in foriegn countries for lower living costs, and have an interest in Japan in the near future.

In regards to the server applications my target audience is wide for webserver, email, forums settup, offsite backups or file servers, internet radio station, video game servers and voice servers. I have settup various groups I'm affiliated with all of these applications and can easily configure and manage them remotely.

As I said before, I'm not looking to make a killing, if I made 50,000 USD a year I almost wouldn't know what to do after 3-5 of years other than waste the fuck out of it or save it.
>>
Digital Ocean
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.