[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You'll know me as a big fuckup, /biz/. I am 20 and graduated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 400x559) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 400x559
You'll know me as a big fuckup, /biz/. I am 20 and graduated out with a game design degree because I fell for the "just follow your dreams". The people around me got jobs in the field so I know it's possible but I've ended up being in the dust without a job in the field. It's impossible to get a different degree in a field that's good for about 9 years to pay off the debt and I'm most definitely not the most book smart guy otherwise I wouldn't have done this. Anything I can do to unfuck this?
>>
>>1093922
just try not to be stupid
right now you are retarded
try to be a bit less retarded everyday and hopefully one day you will be average
if you really put in the effort one day you might even be smart
if you really really want it and start working towards your goals right fucking now you may even succeed in life

wouldn't count on it though
>>
>>1093922
also as a game designer, the image you chose/designed tells me you would be horrible at your job

turn your life around there must be something else you are interested in besides gaming
>>
>>1093922
>made choice
>it is not a bad choice, other people are successful, just not me
>it is me, i am the problem, i am not smart
>anything i can do?

Maybe keep follow your dreams
>>
>>1093922

just work on some of your own projects, make a nice portfolio, and keep applying. what is wrong with you?
>>
>>1093922
>Anything I can do to unfuck this?
Yeah. Go apply to the nearest grocery store so you can pay rent and food.
Install Unreal and Android Studio and make a semi-decent game.
If it succeeds, youre gonna be way ahead than wagecucks.
>>
>>1093922
get a menial job at a relevant company and work your way up

backup plan is to learn a trade
>>
Let me tell you something - no-one gives a fuck about your degree. All that tells them is that you're a functioning human. You need to build a portfolio to show an employer you actually know what you're doing and didn't spend all your college years eating cheetos and smoking weed, because anyone can get a degree.

Start working on your own game right now. Not to make money from it, but to prove you can do it.

Also, you can start doing these shitty freelance jobs if you want to make a bit of money on the side and build up a portfolio and references.

https://www.upwork.com/o/jobs/browse/c/web-mobile-software-dev/sc/game-development/
>>
I did the same, did you learn to use Photoshop and Illustrator? I ended up now working at a graphic design firm a building one game with friends. I make about 42k a year, it's shit but I at least turned the knowledge into something that will make money.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.