[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a 24 year old virgin high school dropout. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12
File: 1455408782527.png (111 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
1455408782527.png
111 KB, 444x444
I'm a 24 year old virgin high school dropout. I've only had 2 jobs in my life. One lasted a week and the other 2 days. I owe the state community college system $6K before I can enroll again to get a college education. I can't join the Military because I only have a GED. I tried when I was 19 but got rejected, as do 80% of people, and less than 1% of people who actually get accepted have a GED or less.

What should I do? I don't have high expectations. My Dad isn't pressuring me to move out anytime soon. I just want a job so I can afford a new gaming PC and stuff. I'm too autistic to even get a job at a place like Wal-Mart or McDonald's. I have failed multiple interviews. I've tried getting a general labor job that isn't working with people but they always tell me they're looking for somebody with more experience. I live in nowhere so there are no temp agencies. I haven't tried entry level office positions yet but I doubt that would work either because I'm a fat -1/10. Should I find me a black friend and sell drugs with him? Doubt anybody would pay me to suck their cocks.
>>
>>1093186

Buy ETH. You fit the ETH buyer profile anyway.
>>
>>1093189

>implying I know what ETH is or have any money
>>
try r9k
>>
>>1093186
Dropshipping
>>
>>1093192

> implying I know what ETH is

All hope us lost.

No one is going to spoon feed you or give you a handout, besides the government.
>>
>Play crippled or find a way to cripple yourself.
>Invest whatever you don't absolutely need.
>Find a roommate or keep leeching off parents.

Alternatively:

>Get licensed for security.
>Watch a camera every now and then while getting paid more than $0.
>>
>>1093226

It doesn't know what ETH is
>>
>>1093186
What you need yo do is start reading. Especially books that can enrich yourself. Rich dad poor dad is one this board loves, also i personally would recommend books on how to become a salesman. Not just the act of selling but persuading so you can get what you want in life. This also raises your self image.
>>
>>1093253

>license for unarmed security
That's not a thing in free countries. Unfortunately, most security companies want ex-military/police or college grads, or else they put you in the middle of nowhere in a shed with heat and maybe electricity. Those jobs only exist where the oil and gas is so if you ain't there, good luck chuck.
>>
>>1093293
Nah my gfs friend is some bitch with a high school diploma that does contracted security work and currently guards a gated community for $12 a hour. She's 20

Tbh I would be pretty pissed if my hoa was paying for the shit security
>>
just have to find a company desperate enough. I was getting denied minimum wage jobs at gas stations because my resume was so bad and I'm autistic as shit, but I found a warehouse job paying a little more than minimum wage and is so desperate that they hire felons and forest gumps. I live in buttfuck nowhere as well.

no reason not to keep applying for shit
>>
>>1093301

The most advanced certifications most security guards require is first aid training or federally mandated safety training (like for working on mine sites under MSHA).

If your GF actually needs real certifications to be unarmed at her current posting, that's great, but she's getting ripped off for $12 an hour and can definitely swing a better job without even going into armed security.
>>
File: no Makeup Selfie.jpg (42 KB, 506x667) Image search: [Google]
no Makeup Selfie.jpg
42 KB, 506x667
>>1093186
holy shit, how do you fall this far down the cracks. How can your parents let you get this bad? Anyway I'm done belittling you. You are a fundamentally broken person in need of a lifestyle/mentality change. You are completely neglecting reality in favor of virtual worlds created by other people/corporations. How have you ignored reality for so long? How is that a satisfying lifestyle? I would recommend amazon Mturk (no social interactionr required) and learning about cryptocurrencies like ETH and XMR and XRP. This is you're only ticket out of hell, unless you want to invest in real world skills (which clearly you don't).
>>
Just walk in and ask for the manager and shake his hand then ask him for a job
>>
>>1093287
;)
>>
>>1093952
>>1093366
This.
>>
Where do you live?
>>
>>1093186
rational emotive behavioral therapy for actual habits you need to break

not sure what kind of therapy helps with agoraphobia or whatever NEET related social anxiety youve picked up but yeh, its not realistic that youll make even gaming pc money from home so you need to fix that shit first to get a mcjob
>>
>>1093186
You know why video games are bad? Instant progression.
In a video games you can spend an hour or a day and you'll get better. You will level up. You will find better gear.
Now, in the real life, it takes discipline and time (months, years) to achieve something.
You are failing in life because you pursuit an instant progression and think that other people has had is instant success.
There you are, thinking to yourself: "other people is richer because of they parents", "other people can find a job because they are good looking", "other people can graduate because they are smart". Well, boy, it takes time and discipline to be good looking, to train your mind to be smart, and so on.
Do you want a change? Start small. The formula hasn't changed bro: university, job, gym. Don't seek the easy way.
Your parents are most likely to be on your side, try talking with them, ask them for help, tell them that you want to change.
>>
I'm in the same boat as you except im almost 30 and my parents are trying to evict me. At least you got time m8, don't let that go to waste
>>
OP this is your chance to make something of yourself.

Look. I'm going to be real with you. I was in the same situation several years ago when I was 23, and I was a NEET with a G.E.D, and no real marketable skills. I hit rock bottom. My Dad, loved the man to death, enabled me because he lived alone divorce from my Mom and liked the idea of having a son around to help do household chores, watch T.V with, drink a beer with. Never pressured me into anything, and that enabled the shit out of me. I played video games all day, watched movies with my old man at night, ate pizza all the time cause he knew the owner of a pizza place and we got like large pizza's for $5.

Sadly the man died tragically (Car accident if you care), and I moved in with my Mom to help her out with my younger brothers. Now she was sort of the same, she enabled my NEETness, but I had a fire lit under my ass. My Dad worked every day and I realized I was being a leech off of him, and my parents weren't going to be around forever, so I needed to put down the games and get to work.

24, no skills, no degree. I picked p some books, learned to do a bunch of basic shit, and hit craigslist. Became a sort of jack of all trades handyman. Learned to fix cars, bartend, DJ, landscape, house repairs. You name it and seen it on Craiglist I did it. Babysat, tutored, computer repair, changed tires etc.

Now, it wasn't livable wage mind you. Enough to be busy on the weekend, pay for dinner at home and see a movie with my Bro's. So I applied to community college and filed my FAFSA and ended up making so little the government paid ME to go to college. Which I did. I'm enrolled in, taking Gen-Ed classes while I figure where to go from there.

OP all I'm saying in this situation is you got to take stock of what you already know to do. Put down the games, and learn how to do basic shit and start losing some weight. Priority one is fixing yourself up physically.

You can do it OP ya just got to get moving and learning.
>>
r u me?

>24 on the 24th
>ged so no army despite 126 on the asvab (highest is like 136, not sure their logic in not letting me enlist)
>got fired from mcd, fought a customer. working as a cashier was stress
>only lost my virginity because I got kicked out a little over a year ago and by the grace of g-d found a legit qt to let me live with her

admittedly I was going crazy a few months ago but here I am feeling on top of the world
exit your current vices and check out the tropicalmba podcast. get a google analytics certification. take the intro to computer science course on Udacity. study seo. get on taylor pearson's apprentice mailing list ---- in a few months of hard work, you'll be qualified. apply to apprenticeships. get hired because knowing basic code makes you a unicorn in the digital marketing world

enjoy your new life
>>
>>1094816
grone man sht up in dis
>>
>>1094154
Videogames are also bad because unlike most other hobbies you aren't actively improving yourself in some aspect. Time spent playing videogames is literally time poured down the drain. I say this having been addicted to many.

I try to keep healthier hobbies now, though the temptation of escapism videogames bring is always there.
>>
>>1094885
>ged so no army despite 126 on the asvab (highest is like 136, not sure their logic in not letting me enlist)
I was conscritpted into the military, I had the best health score, above all in scores. I had motivation, I was liked by everybody and I actually began taking a liking to it. Too bad I felt the need to get back to civilian life, now after a year I regret doing that so fucking much, there's barely any work, the future is shit and no firends are nearby. I hope they can take me back when they open up grenadier recruiting.
>>
>>1093186
read karl marx's communist manifesto and blame all your problems of the faults of capitalism

worked for me, some hippy chick fucked me at a protest once all i had to do was talk about how unfair the current economic system is.
>>
>>1094889
http://psychcentral.com/news/2013/11/26/video-games-help-boost-social-memory-cognitive-skills/62537.html
>>
>>1094889
that is a purely subjective opinion man

though i do agree that most games dont actively improve any aspect of your skill set

they offer a form of escapism on par with a good book.
>>
>>1093351
nigga you can't even use you're/your correctly lmao
>>
>>1094954
Yeh but he could go to a meetup for circus arts and learn juggling and get the same benefits + interact with real humans and maybe get his dick wet

The computer is also responsible for rewiring all of our dopaminergic reward pathways , granted were entering a shitty digital world where everyone will be effected but its not a bonus
>>
>>1095004
I could easily disconnect and I have before. I did nothing but read books for a minute, but at this point I'm extremely plugged in
I don't play videogames anymore but I'll listen to business podcasts all day, watch seminars and business panels, conferences etc. I'm not getting anything done in reality
>>
File: 1433540420720.png (219 KB, 1199x444) Image search: [Google]
1433540420720.png
219 KB, 1199x444
>>
>>1094889
I might add...
There's really a huge difference in what kind of video games you play.

The worst are those that try to tell you in any way WHEN you have to play. That's every kind of mmog, browser games or games with daily quests/missions... in other words: games in which stuff happens even while you are not playing.

Normal offline games are harmless in comparison. You don't play them for a month and won't have the feeling you missed anything in this time.
>>
>>1093277
dropship ETH bought off alibaba that you flipped on amazon for profit and then invest those profits into vanguard index

t. biz
>>
>>1095024
>23 on thursday
>Already stage 4
welp
>>
Getting fit would be a start
>>
>>1095024
Hahaha preach
>>
>>1093186
Get a certificate
>>
>>1094748
damn son
>>
>>1095167
I'm 21 and finishing up my associates in general studies. I still may be in danger of becoming like this though. I really have no idea what to do I get my associates. I'm thinking something IT related, but I'm not a naturally math-oriented person and I don't want to go into customer support like most of my nerd friends. I also want to be done with school ASAP and maintain my status of 0 student debt. I'm considering a certification in Digital Forensics. What should I do?
>>
File: slGGjh9.png (210 KB, 598x452) Image search: [Google]
slGGjh9.png
210 KB, 598x452
>>1093186
Volunteer with some kind of non profit nigga. It'll be good for you to get out of the house and if you stick with it for 6 months to a year it'll be some experience and they'll take anyone since there's no pay involved. Just figure out a way to market walking dogs at the animal shelter as somehow a transferable skill. Play up the responsibility or something.
>>
>>1093186
Alright, come on, lets get you out of this rut. First, work on your social skills, I would recommend listening to people like Elliott Hulse, he has really helped me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9zFqqwA2ak

Next you're gonna want to apply to a bunch of jobs, one of them will have to accept you. By the way, you should consider yourself lucky you have a place to stay, so you just stay at your dads house while you work. Anyway, once you get a job, you should be able to pay off that debt in no time, considering you have a place to live. Also be sure to buy your parents something nice. Anyway, while your doing this, get a member ship at a planet fitness or something, and do plenty of cardio. Don't worry about getting teased, you are better then them, believe me. Next you want to make friends. You can do this by going to work and, well, making friends. Its good to make friends because with that you make connections. You're friends dad might work at a hedge fund or some shit, you never know. Alright, once you pay off that 6k debt, go to college, get a degree in something worth a damn, and keep going. Remember, the only war you're fighting is with yourself, if you want to be rich, you can do it, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I believe in you.
>>
>>1095306
Remember, when your 70 you'll be sitting by a fire in your mansion telling your grandkids stories of when you were a NEET.
>>
>>1095306
the videos where he talks about walking for an hour is literally the best advice there is
>>
File: 1447274816703.gif (1 MB, 192x169) Image search: [Google]
1447274816703.gif
1 MB, 192x169
>>1095306
you might look into MeetUp for your area too. Might find some people with similar interests
>>
>>1094889
>implying videos games are any more enabling than 4chan
>>
>>1093186
Just vote for Bernie Sanders, maybe volunteer to help his campaign in your local area. He will make sure the government pays for your NEET lifestyle.
>>
File: image.jpg (305 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305 KB, 750x1334
I will help you OP. I went from a community college to an Ivy League school and now work at a startup. What email can I contact you? I had some great people help me and I want to help you succeed too.
>>
>>1094748
almost the same, except that I've worked (although not for long), don't play games, don't watch anime and actually know how to do things/what to do (I can make programs/websites, and the solution is, obviously, to sell products/services)...
I'm not even dumb. I really think I should visit a psychologist. I don't know what to do with my life.
>>
File: 1454749111361.jpg (97 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1454749111361.jpg
97 KB, 1024x768
Alright you pathetic piece of crap. Let me tell you the only way for a lard as yourself to make a 4 figure paycheck every month.
I've never told anyone how I started my online business and whenever I'm asked about it I dodge the question or misslead them by saying how hard and committed you must be (pro tip: you don't have to).

1) Make an YouTube account focusing on the niche CAR CRASHES, DASH CAMS and SECURITY CAMS. Link your YouTube account with Adsense and enable monetisation, which will automatically make you an YouTube partner. Make sure that you get the feature of custom thumbnails.

2) Search LiveLeak, YouTube and the internet in general for interesting DASH CAM and SECURITY CAM footages showing car crashes, mugging caught on tape etc.

3) EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: ONLY DASH/SECURITY CAMS.

4) Begin Uploading dash cam/security cam videos. Upload custom, interesting thumbnails for every video. VERY IMPORTANT: dont upload 100 videos at once.

5) Dash Cam/Security Cam footages NEVER get DMCAed. In the rare event a video is "Claimed" by a third party (Note: Not DMCA), just delete that video.

6) NOW PROMOTE AN EXTREMELY INTERESTING, POTENTIALLY VIRAL VIDEO PAYING MONEY TO YOUTUBE. This step makes all the difference. If your video is very interesting, people WILL Like and Share it. Within a couple of days, YouTube will naturally begin to show it as video suggestion beside extremely popular videos. You will notice that your other videos are also getting views, which you are not even promoting. You will also get a bunch of subscribers.

7) Once one of your promoted videos have got a minimum of 100000 views, stop promoting it. It will now get views naturally. Choose another video and repeat the process. In the meantime, don't stop uploading videos.

8) Your channel WILL get thousands of subscribers. Once your channel has a few thousand subscribers YouTube will start featuring your channel in SUGGESTED CHANNELS. By this time, you are set.

9) ?????

10) PROFIT !11!!!!
>>
File: creep ass old dude.jpg (69 KB, 625x623) Image search: [Google]
creep ass old dude.jpg
69 KB, 625x623
>>1095508

you're going to have to be quicker

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU0bEZFxylAJswr9k6MoelQ

someone has been doing that for some time now, been subbed to their channel for months. Ever since they had shitty voice overs, till they started shilling their $39.99 dash cams on every video.
>>
a nice NEET thread that's actually helpful, bump
>>
>>1095024
I'm turning 27 and got my first internship with a studio for sound engineering. Decided to do it months ago. This thing doesn't apply to everyone.
>>
File: it's not happening.png (216 KB, 610x403) Image search: [Google]
it's not happening.png
216 KB, 610x403
>>1095024
>tfw exactly stage 3
>>
>>1095024
Hits too close to home man, jesus christ. Glad I avoided that shit.
It's funniet because isn't even trolling or an exaggeration, it's the truth, thats how it happens.
>>
>>1095024
Also descibes Chris-chan's expirience if you took a look at his extensively documented life
>>
>>1095295
Lift and do a sport
>>
>>1093200
this, neet bux are they way to go
>>
File: Neet Tales.jpg (53 KB, 490x324) Image search: [Google]
Neet Tales.jpg
53 KB, 490x324
>>1093186
Go to restaurants from 2:30pm - 4:00pm, apply for dishwashing job.
>>
File: fozzie fuck.gif (869 KB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
fozzie fuck.gif
869 KB, 400x265
>>1097391
>tfw want a dishwashing job
>every job listing demands at 1-2 years of experience
>>
>>1097640
Just lie. It's a dishwashing job.
>>
>>1097640
never washed dishes in your own house or something? bam experience
>>
This is me I'm 20 but i want to try and change my life.. I want to go back to college this summer and get a part time job right now. But for now I just sit at home do nothing all day.... I know what I need to do but I hold off on it constantly making excuses never going anywhere with what I need to do. I need to make a change this is the only life I live and I don't want to grow old and look back at it with regret.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.