[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ETH SPECULATION GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: Etherspec.png (48 KB, 709x527) Image search: [Google]
Etherspec.png
48 KB, 709x527
Buy the dip edition

$5.10 and -6.33 % at time of posting this

How low can we go?
When are you going to start buying the dip?
>>
>>1093068
>implying people can predict the dips of a shitcoin
topcucks
>>
The bottom is already in the dip was at 0.011

The time to buy was at local maximum despair about 5 hours ago.
>>
>>1093084
since i posted this thread and you posted your response the price is now listed at $ 4.89
>>
>>1093098
Is that higher or lower than 0.011? It is higher is it not?
>>
>>1093103
my point is we're heading back down i don't think we're done dipping

i mean really there's a handful of people who are in ETH and because of the barriers of entry into the stock we're all relatively sophisticated, we're all mostly looking to buy so we can hold to the moon
a discipline to wait for a better lower price might see a march down into the high end of the 3 handle
>>
>>1093110
"Stock". No.
>>
>>1093110
And you are looking at the price in dollars which is utterly wrong headed.

90% of the actual traders are looking at the BTC/ETH chart so your talk of 3 handles means jack shit to anyone that matters.
>>
>>1093122
lol i just woke up, that's actually an embarrassing one

>>1093127
i don't know why people still do that when BTC is so much more volatile than USD
BTC is up 2% today, and since the start of january has had a high of $455 and a low of $350, do you price BTC moves into your gains and losses?
I think the majority of the market are mostly thinking in their real money gains and losses when it comes to pressure to sell and buy
>>
>>1093146
Maybe, its in the back of their minds, but any relevant technical indicators will be on the BTC/ETH chart
>>
>>1093146

Another problem I have with coinshills, they can't even stick to a story. You all want the price to shoot up so you can sell and cash out in fiat, but the story you use to pump the coin is that fiat is dead and BTC/whatever else is the future. Why are you all so deceptive and Jewish?
>>
>>1093156
we can't buy food and pay for our electrical bills yet with ETH and BTC
so until then we're gonna make money
>>
>>1093156
Speak for yourself. Im doing this to benefit a project i believe in.

Believe it or not. This board is actually ahead of this game by miles.there will be a flood of money coming into ETH over the next year if you knew anything about crypto you would have bought some yourself.
>>
>>1093174
You sure? By the time it reaches /biz/ these cryptos are already well into the pump phase.
>>
>>1093184
Ive been on here telling people to buy ETH since november when that shit was dead flat. Anyone that took my advice is about 400% up.
>>
>>1093184
And this board is miles ahead of bitcointalk, and r/bitcoin because talk of ETH is censored there because they quite rightly see it as a threat. Soon bitcoin users will be trying to get into eth en mass because their currency is failing.
>>
>>1093191
You sure? Doesn't really look like the case at all.
>>
>>1093191
Or maybe because ETH shills will flood every possible platform they can if given the chance.
>>
i am getting a wallet now and its taking ages to sync up to the all the nodes, is this normal? I'm in australia if that changes anything
>>
>>1093219
>I'm in australia if that changes anything
Another tech illiterate idiot.
>>
>>1093228
ok yeah but seriously this has taken a few hours and im only 1/3 of the way, just wondering if this is normal
>>
>>1093239

You're basically downloading a 6GB-ish file, be patient.
>>
>>1093243
Okay anon thanks, i just don't want to get left behind when ETH hits china
>>
>>1093156
When you eventually cash out, are you going to cash out to BTC or USD?
>>
>>1093146
Wow you're the first one that thinks like me, I don't understand why people look at ETH/BTC when BTC is so volatile. Plus I calculated a correlation of .62 so any gains in ETH will be mitigated by the increase in BTC as well. With ETH/USDT you only have to worry about ETH since USDT is pegged to the USD. I felt I was the odd one out but now I understand everyone is just being a retard
>>
>>1093269
Yea and eventually the exchanges are going to switch to ETH/USD anyway.
>>
File: Technology-Adoption-Life-Cycle.png (237 KB, 783x606) Image search: [Google]
Technology-Adoption-Life-Cycle.png
237 KB, 783x606
>>1093269
It's probably because right now we're in the very tippy tip of the technology innovator early adopter stage and the people who are in ETH right now have limited exposure to financial economics outside of the crypto markets so they don't think in terms of personal investment portfolio management because you too are the only one whose first thought when seeing BTC/ETH was to calculate a correlation and then succinctly decide to stay the fuck away.
And then you make a /biz/ thread and everyone calls you the retard because the trollbox on poloniex only talk about the BTC/ETH pair and you're talking logic and reality.
>>
Anything that happens right now with the price of ETH is utterly irrelevant. When Ethereum hits homestead and dapps start becoming available then it matters.

Right now there are people pumping and dumping something that hasn't even begun. These aren't actual investors.
>>
>>1093292
ETH could well have dropped off on news of S&P/oil gains friday, but I expect those "gains" were just short covering to lock in profits, and the ride down will continue.
>>
I'm worried about the deflationary aspect of ETH.

Some anon claimed that there are X numbers of coins created every second, and calculated that we need 1.5 million of actual investment daily to maintain the price at just $5-6...

That is rather worrying no?
>>
>>1093156
Ether is not intended to replace fiat. You're confusing BTC and ETH. They're two different beasts.
>>
haven't been in the crypto game for a while. Had all my coins in dogecoindark because it was fairly stable. Should I get some of this and hold? or is it a pump and dump?
>>
File: 1455234389986.gif (1 MB, 305x360) Image search: [Google]
1455234389986.gif
1 MB, 305x360
>>1094150
Second best pump and dump just after BTC, but i made my homework and i can tell you that if i was to make an app, i'd make it on ETH platform. Apperently Microsoft thinks the same.
>>
>>1093156
i should have played magic the gathering
>>
>need to spend like 5 days downloading the btc blockchain to make a wallet to buy some btc to trade for eth
>this is without even getting the btc, or signing up to an exchange to get eth
At least I already missed the dump
>>
>>1094298

>downloading the fucking 22GB Bitcoin blockchain instead of making a 10 minute account on Coinbase

Some people are next-level retarded.
>>
>>1094132
who claimed that and where?
was it in another thread?
>>
what size is the blockchain right now? it's taking forever to update.
>>
>>1094132
Who cares? The only thing matters is that the adoption outpaces the production of it for a while. You don't need to count on it 50 years from now, just 5.
>>
>>1094320
It's like 40-50gb
And yes why would I want a third party to be involved with my wallet at all?
>>
the only way to get onto eth is to buy bitcoins right?
complete newbie here. I'm downloading the 20gb file at home today to buy my first coin (I will buy a whole one and convert 1/2 to eth)
>>
>>1094402

>the exchange is going to run away with muh bitcoins!

You've got more problems than long downloads mate.
>>
Do eth wallets work like btc wallets?

What's safest generator?
>>
>>1093068
>falling for the pump on reddit
>bringing the pump to 4chan

That aside, your chart is missing the sell points.
>>
>>1094440
>implying many exchanges haven't run away with money before
>trusting Buttcoin exchanges on any level
Kek
>>
ETH is on the rise again.
>>
>>1094298
Or you can just register at Kraken, send EUR or USD and buy with real money.

My SEPA EUR payment was sent in a single day.
>>
USA and Canda are still sleeping guys. Wait til banks open, their verifications and SWIFT transfers go through.

Take a look at Google Trends.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0akBdQa55b4
>>
>>1094796

seems like it's only known in english speaking countries and germany.

Im sure that will change as more information is disseminated in chinese, portuguese, spanish, russian, etc.
>>
What will happen to the value of Eth once it changes from PoW to PoS in a few months. Any thoughts?
>>
>>1094986
Up probably. Mining will end, and the rate of inflation will be 1% from there on out.
>>
>>1094964
ph god that's 10/10
>>
>>1094298
Use electrum you niblet
>>
Why do people talk about the ETH price in terms of BTC? BTC wildly fluctuates, like if BTC crashes to $100 then ETH will look like it made a huge gain relative to BTC but it's fiat value stays the same
>>
Thanks for you feedback :) Let's hope that one day Eth price will rise like the Bitcoin value
>>
>>1095097
B3cause this place us full of genuine retards
>>
File: reassuring_lies.jpg (101 KB, 960x701) Image search: [Google]
reassuring_lies.jpg
101 KB, 960x701
>>1095097
>>1095097
>Why do people talk about the ETH price in terms of BTC?

Stir up water to catch fish
>>
When will it go higher???
>>
report all eth post they are a illegal pump and dump and when replying write the word sage the in the options bar thank you
>>
The dip is now, it's at $3.99
>>
>>1096786
buying some more now :^)
>>
>>1094150
Ask yourself why there are so many threads shilling ETH? Do you think they're your friends trying to help you earn money out of the goodness of their hearts? Or could it be pump and dump?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.