[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do nobody want to skype with me? In my business, its important.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: skype-logo-open-graph.png (24 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
skype-logo-open-graph.png
24 KB, 1200x630
Why do nobody want to skype with me? In my business, its important. But these under 30s, its like they avoid it at all costs. Is it me, or is it just the autist of these millennials?
>>
Because it's weird as fuck.

Why can't you just call?
>>
>>1092998

Even though Gen y and z use Skype and TeamSpeak more than any other generation.

For instance your granddaughter might use Skype to fall asleep with her boytoy/armcandy.

Get with the times grandpa.
>>
>>1093030
So its weird for business to have a skype meeting?

>>1093011
Is it really weird, its like a face to face meeting and they cant focus on anything else.
>>
Skype doesn't respect your freedoms what so ever.
>>
>>1092998
Because skype is controlled by the NSA
Go away agent Wong
>>
>>1092998
What? Seriously, what? Are you the discord fag trying to get people to use your app?

You need an English as a first language partner desperately, because your cultural understanding is a major handicap.
>>
I always avoid phonecalls, conference calls, video calls, meetings if possible. 90% of all the things people want to discuss can be said easier and clearer in an email. It's like people just want to waste time and feel important. It has NOTHING to do with my social anxiety.
>>
File: comfy wojak.jpg (314 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
comfy wojak.jpg
314 KB, 750x725
>>1093033
>Is it really weird, its like a face to face meeting and they cant focus on anything else.

For what purpose?

I can discuss matters with you MUCH easier over an email than in a face-to-face conversation.

Reasons?
1) It's easy to get pressured into agreeing/saying something in a face-to-face conversation. Often due to social cues you're not given enough time to thoroughly consider an option and might just agree to "get it over with".

2) Often times it's awkward and there's many pauses, stuttering and other issues in such a conversation, this is unnecessary and unpleasant.

3) I can reform my statements, answers and questions in an email. When talking face-to-face I may phrase something poorly without getting time to reformat it, I can deliver a well-thought out and satisfactory question/answer via email.

There's many times where I talk to someone and then 15 minutes afterwards think... "FUCK I phrased that poorly, I forgot to ask him xyz, I outlined my intentions poorly perhaps he misunderstood, etc". -- In an email I would have time to redact what I wrote, re-read it, reconsider, etc.
>>
Skype sucks, as you literally isn't looking the other guy in the eyes while talking with him, but instead looking at somewhere on his chest due to camera placement. This is a major problem to me, and why I prefer mail or even a regular phone.
>>
Email is best for business correspondence because there is a record of everything sent. If someone fucks up its there for all to see

Calls are good for informal discussion.
>>
>>1092998
because it is a buggy piece of shit and we don't want to look at your pixelated face through your shitty webcam while trying to understand your shitty English through your shitty microphone while you try to convey something that could have been a text, or an email, or a quick phone call.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.