[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Try to make money buying from pic related and reselling on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: alibaba_(1).jpg (610 KB, 800x511) Image search: [Google]
alibaba_(1).jpg
610 KB, 800x511
>Try to make money buying from pic related and reselling on Amazon for profit
>Found a niche product with a $10 profit margin per unit.
>Buy on alibaba
>Get SLAMMED with hidden "processing fees", cost of shipping is ludicrous.
>My $10 profit margin per unit drops to about $5 per unit.
>List items on Amazon
>Been sitting there for about a month with not a single buyer.

I swear this importing idea absolutely sucks. I'm thinking about throwing my inventory in the dumpster. Fortunately I only bought 20 items and spent $150.
>>
Amazon reselling isn't the way to go.
Buy handmade looking shit and sell it on Etsy.
>>
>>1092194
amazon has an ads feature where you can have your products shown to people you think might be interested in it through keywords.
>>
>>1092194
Reselling on amazon is a joke at any point in the spectrum.
>>
>>1092194
First know your fucking market. If your selling a strange product that nobody buys then it wont sell. Also hidden fees? Be more specific.
>>
>>1092194
Can you tell me what product?
>>
>>1092194
>>1092360
yea dude since you are giving up , tell us the product maybe we can give you some ideas and see where youre making mistakes
>>
>>1092289
This. My major lesson from failed business numero uno , do some god damn homework to see if demand exists
>>
File: 1ab6f2d50da0f60ebac45a71d3822238.jpg (100 KB, 1000x1012) Image search: [Google]
1ab6f2d50da0f60ebac45a71d3822238.jpg
100 KB, 1000x1012
>Hit gold in terms of niche
>It's a product that needs to be repurchased (it wears down)
>If I manage 100 sales a month I'll have a six figure salary

The worst part of all of this is that I have everything I need and now I just need to get a larger audience.

Hang in there, buddy
>>
>>1092194
op MIA

another bot shill thread to keep biz busy

>>1092428
what is it ? :p

make own website , do panflets send to your target customers

but seriously holy shit 100k , alteast tell me you getting this from ali or some local source, because i find it hard to belive getting something that worthy on ali, also do you buy it yourself first , or you wait for your customers to pay you then you place the order?
>>
>>1092469
I found the inspiration for the niche on Ali, but the suppliers were shit.
Found one completely off the grid. I know they're not a scam since I've already used them.
Turns out something they make has a stupidly high markup in Europe.

I feel like this is my way out of the economic matrix but there is just so many ways it could go wrong or I can fuck up, and I've never worked in sales before.

I mean, for what it is, more than 100 sales is realistic if I get better at reaching an audience.
>>
>>1092289
B-b-but..
>muh MBA
>muh profit margin
>muh $605.34 worth of financial apps
>muh edge
>>
>>1092476
wait your not the dude selling titanium in germany
lol ?????

off the grid? you mean local or another site? how much are you paying aprox over or under 500 -100 ? if its something so expensive ebay might not be the way especially since your talking about europe . create your own website and ad vertise it to companies , or are we talking about a consumer item ? hard to imagine what kind of consumer item would cost over 1k and be worn down
>>
>>1092476
incase you rather keep this topic private here is my throwaway maybe i can help you get some customers locally here in europe

throwawaybizchan1234 gmail
>>
>>1092360
>>1092378

It was a keypad that connects to a Playstation 4 controller and makes typing much easier. I bought 20 of them for $7.50 a piece after shipping and everything.

Just like this except mine weren't branded:
http://www.amazon.com/Ortz%C2%AE-PS4-Wireless-Mini-Bluetooth-Keyboard/dp/B00UMF35MS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455404801&sr=8-1&keywords=playstation+4+keypad
>>
>>1092823
is it this ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Bluetooth-V3-0-Wireless-Keyboard-Keypad-For-PS4-PlayStation-4-Controller-UK-/371331463534?hash=item567514796e:g:-68AAOSw~OdVcV8I

this is the problem with buying from ali , they are already selling on ebay or amazon . the cheapest one on amazon is 15$. if you insist the ali route you need to find a product where u can buy for 1$ and sell it for 20$ thats how you make apple money folks

now what you should do is try facebook groups ,sell as a lot. craiglist, ebid, and so on this is why im really surprised at the other anon that could possibly make 100k of ali items , i wish he would contact me so i could help him sell it in europe
>>
>>1093111
took me like 15 seconds to find it cheaper at ali , good luck.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-High-Quality-Bluetooth-Mini-Wireless-Chatpad-Message-Keyboard-for-Playstation-Hot-Sale/32598970332.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9,searchweb201644_1_505_506_503_504_301_502_10001_10002_10016_10017_10010_10005_10011_10006_10003_10004_10009_10008,searchweb201560_5,searchweb1451318400_-1,searchweb1451318411_6452&btsid=d2c5ced6-6c25-47b0-a61b-e766f2210cbe
>>
>>1092234
Which in in turn is going to reduce his profit margin even more?
>>
File: decals.png (260 KB, 535x687) Image search: [Google]
decals.png
260 KB, 535x687
>>1092823

I owned one of those for my controller, don't know where I put it. Remember paying like $10 to a U.S. seller on eBay.

You would have been better off selling the light bar decals in bulk (the cut outs for the lights). Under 8oz & only cost you $2.6 to ship (or .5> w/o tracking)
>>
>>1092194
Thats why you make research, budgets, the trending of your product and your proyected sales.

You just dont buy blindly and cry when all the fees eat your margin.
And why in the fucking hell are you selling electronics? thats one of the forbidden categories. They are going to ban you from amazon for high defective rate.
>>
>>1093310
Please do post your lifetime Amazon earnings
>>
>>1093330
I am a noob, but I am learning from the big guys. I have done 400 products from my first research and only 5 qualify with the margins. It was a fucking hell and a lot of numbers. but with the time its becoming easier to identify the opportunities and filtering everything. I am focusing in that first because there is a lot ways to screw yourself from legal issues to financial issues. I am doing my homework and the procrastination is killing me.

I am just telling the advices from the big guys, stay away from clothes, food, chemicals and electronics. You are gonna end with a law sue or burning someone else house.
>>
>>1093350

>stay away from everything
>>
>>1092411
Also tell the difference between real demand and fake demand. That's the tough part. People can tell you they'd buy something all the live long day. It's not until you offer it that they go poorfag.
>>
>>1093350
how has your success been so far?
>>
>>1094059
well... If we talk about successful with any profit I am a big failure. RIght now china is in their new year so general arbitrage is not an option until march. right now I am working in break my procrastination and learn all I can from the pros and in that way I have learn a LOT of things that kill the startups, how to look for patents, how to looks for trademarks, register your business, taxes laws for e commerce, cease and desist letters and the copyright laws that apply for you, listing optimization, amazon policies, custom and duties, shipping rates for bulk items, what to ask to suppliers, how suppliers can lie to you and send you all their crap, how to deal with nigger buyers.

last week I grabbed 500 dollars and said I am going to spend this and I am going to make failure my first option BUT Im not gonna let that happen so I can beat my fears and start doing something.

So far I lost 40 bucks from two products I didnt calculate the FBA fees right and the price was too high (90 dollars) so the percentage explode and eat all my profit, but I learned my lesson and I am happy.
with the other products I spent like 60 bucks and win like 25. this is from retail and online arbitrage.
>>
Buy from craigslist and resell on craigslist
>>
>>1094174
This, or fucking goodwill dude. Take an afternoon to repaint a table black and call it "Modern". That word alone is worth what you lost in shipping money to China.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.