[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are Consensus EPS estimates made? They are often very accurate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (18 KB, 646x203) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
18 KB, 646x203
How are Consensus EPS estimates made?

They are often very accurate and if they aren't the stock goes crazy.
>>
>>1091490

So there is this thing called I/B/E/S (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutional_Brokers'_Estimate_System) where analysts submit their analysis for different forecast periods and then monthly they publish the average and deviation of various measures like EPS.

So the mean EPS from IBES is the typical consensus estimate that is probably being talked about.

The numbers have been widely studied in academia. Both the mean and the standard deviation, as well as, changes and misses. Pretty much everything.
>>
>>1091640
Thanks, this helps and let me google more in depth.
So for like a restaurant they would take the monthly same store sales estimates, plug them in a model and out comes the analyst eps.
Now the I/B/E/S puts that number into another model weighted with other analysts (on the basis of success and newness of knowledge), then out pops the final estimated eps.

Complex, but neat!
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.