[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the chance of me getting hired if I call a mom-and-pop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1452301789559.jpg (69 KB, 452x720) Image search: [Google]
1452301789559.jpg
69 KB, 452x720
What is the chance of me getting hired if I call a mom-and-pop roadside computer repair shop and ask for a job? I'm nineteen, never worked a day in my life, in college for an A.S. in Network Systems, and have an A+ and MTA cert.
>>
>>1083420
Higher than if you didn't call them.
>>
>>1083444
>>
>>1083420
>roadside computer shop
More often than not they'll ask how good you can sell things rather than whether or not you're qualified to repair computers.

But yeah, you would have decent chances provided you can show that you have the skill.
Seriously, I got a job working in L1 tech support making $15/hr for EVGA when I was 17. Still in high school, only ever worked at a grocery store, and no certs.
>>
>>1083444

THIS.

I'm so tired of seeing people on this board who need a job yet are terrified of asking for one.

I have gotten many jobs this way, especially for waiting tables. You literally just walk in (wearing something nice) and ask for management.

Politely introduce yourself and say you would like to work there. If they ask for a resume, tell them you have one handy. *have a resume ready.

Yes you will get some no's, but after a handful of these you should get a yes.
>>
>>1083420
Worst that an happen is they can say no. Virtually no reason not to call them.
>>
>>1083640
After going to one or two places, you get in the groove.

Baller tier is not asking for a job, but offering services.

>Hey mom and pop shop, I'm anon. I know the interwebs and walking around seeing if I could give anyone a hand. No? That's cool. Here's by business card, if something comes up, I'd be happy to take a look at it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.