[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job vs internship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 600x600
Context: Graduated last month with a double major in stem field and finance

No job offers at all. Applied for internships, 2/3 of them said they'll get back to me last week. They haven't yet. All part time and small yet great places (Ad-software giant, Luxury consulting firm, and B2B business)

Uncle referred me to job at company he works at, 30 miles away.

What should I do in this case? The job is 30 miles, which means I will get home extra late and wake up extra early. Also includes "some travel and "nights and weekends to work"

The internship folks didn't even tell me to get an interview yet. And turning die the job from my uncle's place means I won't be offered a spot there again. Help
>>
Why don't you take the job at least for now and keep applying for internships. If you're halfway decent, you won't burn bridges if/when you jump ship and might end up working a job you actually care about..
>>
>>1083409
Take the job and keep applying elsewhere

I drive 40mi each way and get paid shit, but the experience is good. It's not a job seekers market unless you're highly experienced. Don't be picky.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.