[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking to improve my resume. Wut do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (82 KB, 819x1013) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
82 KB, 819x1013
Looking to improve my resume. Wut do?
>>
Also, any suggestions for fields to look into given my experience and education?
>>
>>1083266
>clearly this desperate and trying this hard

Into the trash it goes. You shouldn't need to promote yourself so hard, m8
>>
>>1083283

What about it seems desperate rather than just explaining my experience?
>>
>>1083293
When I am reviewing CVs if it's full of crap like "negotiated multiple trade union.." "successfully managed" "zero incidents or infractions" "championed" I basically give up. This person is promoting so hard it's painful, and it implies that they are compensating for something. Sure, putting in a few of those things is okay, but it shouldn't be your whole fucking resume. Describe your concrete duties and skills gained, and if you have strong experience then it will speak for itself. You shouldn't have to cram it down our throats.
>>
>>1083300

What if a major part of my job was negotiating union contracts, ensuring that we had zero infractions, etc.?
>>
>>1083326
It's more about the language surrounding how you describe it. You come across as a typical business school graduate trying to self-promote. My favourite thing I've seen on a resume is "top 2% of more than 2000 entrants in internationally acclaimed trading competition". Yours reads a little like that. If those are your duties, sure. But my point is that you want them to naturally go "shit, this guy actually has impressive credentials". If they're having to go "well I guess I will believe him that his credentials are impressive" then you've already lost. It's a subtle difference, but matters a lot
>>
applying for grad jobs soon
what info should i include from my contacts?

i'm assuming two is enough, getting them both from my current place of employment
>>
Kill yourself wagecuck !!!
>>
>>1083348
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>1083345
>what info should i include from my contacts?

I generally don't put references on a resume. Just have a list prepared and bring the list to the interview.
>>
>>1083266
You formatting is fucking shit.

Fix that first.

The dates should be something like 08/2016 or March 2016, rather than 8/2016. Also your indentation is utter shit line, make everything look more natural.
>>
>>1083437

So what exactly should I do with the indentation?
>>
File: 67KA8kR.jpg (53 KB, 960x541) Image search: [Google]
67KA8kR.jpg
53 KB, 960x541
>>1083266
>Barnes-Jewish hospital

>>/out/
>>
>>1083489

>>/pol/
>>
>>1083266
KILL URSELF WAGEKUK
>>
>>1083547
>WAGEKUK

I own my own business, which I'm selling.
>>
>>1083266
you are a great and incredibly successful guy, anon. I am not being sarcastic. good job.
>>
>>1083580

Thanks anon. Hopefully the places that I apply to think the same
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.